Sirens-of-Titan

Lord of the Dragon Riders

Hello all, I have just finished the longest and most elaborate chapter to date of my "Rise of the Mage".

There are quite a few builds in there so instead of doing separate topics, I post them all here, along with a link to the story.

Lord of the Dragon Riders on MOCPAGES

Here are a few notable pictures:

1328326527m_DISPLAY.jpg

1328326597m_DISPLAY.jpg

1328326651m_DISPLAY.jpg

1328326682m_DISPLAY.jpg

1328326687m_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for checking in!

-Sirens

Sweet! I haven't read the chapter yet, but I enjoyed the last bit. I don't think I missed a chapter...but, was the last one where the Mage went inti the tomb/cavern and released that demon? I hope I didn't miss anything, because I really enjoyed it.

Another great addition to the story! Once again: brilliant MOCs. I was especially surprised by the dragon. Is it a complete build or did you only build its head and wings? The castle is fantastic, too. The bridge between both buildings makes it look really fantasy-like.

Saw it too at MocPages (you're one of mu favourites default_blink.gif) and it is indeed an amazing MOC! Both the dragon and the monster at the river are fantastic, they look incredible realistic, great job default_thumbup.gif

Very nice! I love the use of the rocks for the shoulders and Twitch's antennae painted silver for the knights.

Thanks guys!

The dragon is a fully-build model but can't stand upright on it's own. (Too head-heavy) I had to hold it to pose in all the pictures, so I had to crop that part out. I will develop it more for future chapters so you can see it's free-standing glory. :laugh:

Oh, the Avalonian Lord is more of an Easter egg for those who follow the story and know about Historica. :wink:

Love the story, the builds, the photography, everything!

How did you space the planks on the Pliska bridge? Headlight bricks? It looks great.

:classic:

Edited by robuko

love it ;)

show us how you illumine the moc? lights and positions?:)

Great moc SOT! To much things to name I like about. But I will mention a few nice things, like the bridge between the towers and a bove all: The dragon :wub: Great design!

Another excellent creation, these just get better and better. I don't think I need to give a list of what I like about this as theres a lot to mention, but I will say that you are my favourite fantasy castle builder out there! :thumbup:

Another excellent creation, these just get better and better. I don't think I need to give a list of what I like about this as there's a lot to mention, but I will say that you are my favorite fantasy castle builder out there! :thumbup:

Thanks DC, that means a lot! :blush:

The bridge is done with a column of headlight bricks laid on its side. This gives you tiny gaps barely a fifth of a stud wide.

The lighting is very simple; Life Light LED kits with 5 LED's in the main keep and 3 LED's in the smaller tower. I simply put the bulb through a headlight brick and angle it right behind the window so that the light is scattered throughout the trans pieces creating the feel of a candle-lit interior.

I'm glad you like the story, we're halfway though with it, and it's all escalating quickly from here on out! :wink:

In all truthfulness, that is the best LEGO Dragon I've ever seen. :wub:

The lighting is very simple; Life Light LED kits with 5 LED's in the main keep and 3 LED's in the smaller tower. I simply put the bulb through a headlight brick and angle it right behind the window so that the light is scattered throughout the trans pieces creating the feel of a candle-lit interior.

A picture could be worth a thousand words ;)

And I was thinking about the main light, not effects - everybody thinks that my castles are dark because of the mood and that I want it that way - but it is not - that is the only way I can do it (for now;)

So, do show ;)

In all truthfulness, that is the best LEGO Dragon I've ever seen. :wub:

Agreed. And we haven't even seen the whole thing yet! Can't wait until the next chapter,... as usual! :sweet:

Thanks guys! :sweet:

A picture could be worth a thousand words ;)

And I was thinking about the main light, not effects - everybody thinks that my castles are dark because of the mood and that I want it that way - but it is not - that is the only way I can do it (for now;)

So, do show ;)

I don't have pictures of my set up because it's extremely rudimentary... I literally use 3 household lamps with white-light halogen bulbs with 2 fixed at equidistant height above the model and the third being moved around to highlight details. If your pictures are turning out too dark I suggest setting your camera's shutter speed slower, so that it takes in more light. That's the difference between a grey background and a pristine white background. Cheers, I'll take a picture of the set up next time I put it up. :thumbup:

Stunning.

Your Dragon (what little we can see of it) is awe inspiring.

Your building is fantastic, but the dragon blows me away.

[side note - I'm loving those BrickWarrior armour pieces. They really fit in.]