Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Adventurers - Sinister family Mansion

This classic 90's LEGO-styled model was originally built in 2007 by a Brickshelf user named "Widdi". That user uploaded the instructions (seen here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=249223 ) which I stumbled upon and built / modified in Lego Digital Designer. I put another story on top for the tower, set furniture inside, added a back half, and worked a garage into the structure.

15651391080_95d7511ba7_z.jpg

The Sinister Mansion: Where you will never want to leave!

15650803008_bfa40547fb_z.jpg

Fictional Background for the house:

Built in 1910, Sinister Manor is one of the last surviving houses in the Edwardian Style of architecture in Ironwood county. It was built by Lord Gregory Sinister for his family, and features one addition not usually seen on Edwardian houses: a automobile garage. The house was left to Gregory's family, (his son Sam Sinister & his sister Alexis Sinister) upon the elder Sinister's death of a stroke in 1913. Sam Sinister went on to serve in the British army in World War I, losing his left hand in the conflict and replacing it with a iron hook. When he returned from the conflict Sam set about continuing his fathers tradition: collecting treasure precious artifacts, through legal and illegal means. The collection was stored in the Attic of the sinister Mansion until it became too large and was moved to a more secure (and secret) location.

15812594466_6c989751f6_z.jpg

The inside features the furniture from my Haunted House (10228) MOD, including (but not limited to): a Queen size bed, stove, table, phonograph, sidetable with lamp plus the couch. The first floor I has the living / dining rooms, as the couch, stove and table and other associated items are there. The second floor features the master bedroom with a small balcony on the right side. The third floor is the attic, which is empty. The tower / roof (fourth floor) is also empty.

15812594266_2c1a9cdc21_z.jpg

The Rear of the house.

This model is significantly cheaper / less parts intensive than my other Victorian Mansion (the one based off the Monster Fighter's "Haunted House")

15650428979_b315c6411a_z.jpg

This car, the Ogel Mark III, goes in the garage. Here are the cars statistics:

Model Name: Ogel MK III

Configuration: two seat

Engine Class: V8

Designer: Lord Ogel

Build Date: 1925

Builder: Ogel Motor Car Works

Current Owner: Lord Sam Sinister

Length: 21 studs

Width: 6 studs

Height: 5 bricks

Top Speed: 88 MPH

Fictional background for the car:

After the Orient Expedition of 1924, Lord Sam Sinister's Island Racer was seized by Soviet (Russian) forces when Sinister tried bribing his way onto the Trans-Siberian express without the proper papers. Sinister was put on the next train out of Russia without the car. In early 1925 he boarded the Simplon-Orient Express bound for Paris from Istanbul. While in Paris he telephoned the Ogel Motor Car Corporation asking for a newer, faster and more expensive car to be sent to his home at Sinister Manor in three weeks. Sinister arrived at his Edwardian-style manor to find this car waiting for him. It features two seats, a spare tire, a much longer wheelbase and goes 13 miles per hour faster than his old car.

LDD file for the house & car: http://www.mocpages....1416516743m.lxf

Comments, questions and complaints welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Are you planning on building them out of brick at all?

All my projects are slowly but surely moving in the direction of some sort of Layout for the Adventure World and all those LDDs of yours would look great if you made them for your own layout.

Are you planning on building them out of brick at all?

All my projects are slowly but surely moving in the direction of some sort of Layout for the Adventure World and all those LDDs of yours would look great if you made them for your own layout.

I have the automobile that Sam drives, and I hopefully will be able to afford this Mansion soon. Last I checked, it was $25 USD (plus shipping from the two sellers) for the furniture and $215 USD (from five more sellers) for the house.

All in all, this is easily a $250 project for the Sinister Mansion alone, while the updated Island Hopper will be another $35... and I haven't even calculated Johnny's office yet.

Very good, you also remembered Lord Sinister.

The mansion is fine - the car is great!!

I would recommend to reserve a room for the treasures that Lord Sinister keeps.

Very good, you also remembered Lord Sinister.

The mansion is fine - the car is great!!

I would recommend to reserve a room for the treasures that Lord Sinister keeps.

Thank you! The treasure room would be in the attic, if Johnny wouldn't keep getting to all the treasures first! :tongue: (In all seriousness, I forgot to put treasure up there... but I will when I get it.)

Very nice design, I love this mansion and the roof with its details!

The car is just gorgeous!

Thank you. I will be getting the Island Hopper this weekend. The mansion will have to wait, but the furniture should be ordered around Christmas.