Sign in to follow this  
polarstein

Is this the end of my 24 years dark ages?

Hi all

I've been reading for a few weeks now and thought it's time to say hello! You've got a really great forum here for inspiration and staring at amazing creations.

I'd say it's partly my daughter's fault that I got back into Lego after dark ages of nearly 24 years. She's now nearly 3 years. Earlier this year when we we're bound indoors with a flu, miserable weather and refused to watch TV, I got my old Legos out to build a bit with my daughter. Worked better than expected, though she mostly likes ripping stuff apart, playing with buildings by filling them with tires and the likes.

Turned out I couldn't get away from the bricks, started to google a few things, did a lot of *oh2*, :oh:, :oh3: or :iamded_lol: what people were able to do (includes Sarlaac's nectar and the truth about Boba's escape :laugh_hard: ). When I saw some modern house buildings, I wanted to do some myself and realised it wasn't just limited by the old bricks stock :wacko: The first one I took a picture of was inspired by a build of frogstudio seen here.

25920348422_81549a72d4_z.jpgLego return from the dark ages by Polar Stein, on Flickr

I'll post a more recent house separately.

Amazing how evenings fly by trying to arrange something within the variety of combinations and limitation of bricks.

Some more technical details about me:

- German

- bricks mainly from the 80s and very early 90s plus a few recent additions to avoid buildings just in red, yellow and blue :grin:

- mostly into house architecture when trying something myself

- low brick count at the moment (fits all easily into a moving box), though I fear it may not stay like that

Cheers,

Polarstein

Edited by polarstein

Welcome! I really dig your building style and can't wait to see more from you!

low brick count at the moment, though I fear it may not stay like that

That brick count is gonna explode, buddy! :laugh: Prepare thyself.