Mr Spielbrick

LEGO Doctor Who minifigs by Mr Spielbrick

Thanks to the new series from 2005, I've discovered Doctor Who. Now we're up for the fourth new season, the third with David Tennant as the 10th Doctor. I've just started to make my own Doctor Who minifigs. The first result of this can be seen in this post, new creations will follow as I finish them. Feel free to post constructive critisism and perhaps even your own Doctor Who creations!

The Doctor & Donna Noble

2204291170_7fbe0da8bc_o.jpg

I've never seen the show. Mainly because I don't have cable and am wading my way through Star Trek: Voyager the Complete Series.

Edited by Greyfox327

I really like the Doctor with the Sonic Screwdriver. What will you be doing next? Daleks? Cyberman? Those angels from blink? X-O

That Anakin hairpiece looks fantastic! I can't believe how well it works on a head that doesn't look like Christopher Walken! Good job with your Doctor. I'm looking forward to seeing some more (the Tardis perhaps).

I really like the Doctor with the Sonic Screwdriver. What will you be doing next? Daleks? Cyberman? Those angels from blink? X-O

Or perhaps:

The odd Ood.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Cool Daleks, Dr Sinister. They're pretty much minifig scale, aren't they? I think I might borrow some of your techniques... ;-)

Other icons like the TARDIS (phone box and coral interior version) are in the pipeline. My problem with the Ood and to an extent the Cybermen, is that I'm not keen on 'custom' pieces. I try my best on Doctor Who stuff with official LEGO. Of course, some things might just be brickbuildable, so I wouldn't rule out the Ood, Cyberman and other aliens just yet.

The Master versus the Doctor - will the laser or the sonic screwdriver win?

2204137581_df2909e35b_o.jpg

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Cool Daleks, Dr Sinister. They're pretty much minifig scale, aren't they? I think I might borrow some of your techniques... ;-)

Other icons like the TARDIS (phone box and coral interior version) are in the pipeline. My problem with the Ood and to an extent the Cybermen, is that I'm not keen on 'custom' pieces. I try my best on Doctor Who stuff with official LEGO. Of course, some things might just be brickbuildable, so I wouldn't rule out the Ood, Cyberman and other aliens just yet.

The Master versus the Doctor - will the laser or the sonic screwdriver win?

2204137581_df2909e35b_o.jpg

The Master is spot-on! Nice work!

Yes, the Daleks are minifig scale - designed on LEGO Factory - so you can order some if you want - as a result though I was slightly limited on parts.

Note that I shortened the design once they actually arrived...

Dr. S.

Superb thinking *y* All those versions of the doctor look spot on to me, and i love his sonic screwdriver :-)

Oh my gosh!!!!

I really want to say more.

But I don't know what to say.

Truely, spectacular.

Amazing.

I am at a loss for words.....

*wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub*

( Dies )

Edited by MrCustomizer

Wow, very nice. Accurate, recognseable, yet distinctly simple.

And (self-promotion) my Daleks are minifig-scale, if anyone's interested:

img_2529a.jpg

Well, alright, Dalek.

Here is a david tennant and tardis i made a while back:

tardis-1.jpg

I could probably make a better David tennant now yet probably not as good as yours thats fantastic! *wub*

I also really like the master fig!

You're right about the laser screwdriver, steelharbingerofdeath. Putting that stud on was a quick solution, cause I wanted to post the Master fig as soon as I finished him. I'm still rummaging through my LEGO, looking for a dark trans-yellow stud. Unorganized crates of LEGO is what I found when I returned from my Dark Ages...

As for the flesh versus yellow debate. I think I got all the parts (faces) to do the same figs in yellow. I'll upload the alternative figs later this week.

Cool TARDIS, casewindu! How did you do that doorknob?

Wow! That is one amazing Dalek Emperor, hewkii9! LEGO couldn't have designed it better if they'd have made an official set.

It's interesting to see the similarities and the differences between all of your Daleks, Brainbox, hewkii9 and Doctor Who Sinister. All three of you worked the two 'weapon arms' into your design, but Brainbox's is the only one with two lights on the head and hewkii's is the only Dalek with a blue 'eye'. I'll try to incorporate all of your idea's into one Dalek... But I'm already worried about scale with so many details. Nevertheless, I'll see what I can come up with.

First a bit of advice to ask, though. What parts did you guys use in the center of the body? You have studs on multiple sides of your Daleks, what's the secret to that look?

I used a 1x1 brick with studs on the sides for the head, to cover all sides of it [and the fact that that brick was tan], and then lower down I used a 1x1 brick with studs on only two of the sides to hold on thew side parts, and then finally a headlight brick for the front and back parts. I could get a cross-section pic up if you wanted.

Ooh, those are some nice figs. I really like the choice of hairpiece. Are you going to do any companions or past Doctors?

And I've built some Doctor Who stuff myself like this Dalek Emperor and the TARDIS console. I also built a Dalek a while back which you can see here.

Neat stuff! Though... why a square piece as the suction cup instead of a 1x1 round?

I liked how the clip tile didn't really taper off. The best piece for it would be a clip stud though, if that piece exists.

It would be unfair for me to comment because I don't really like Dr. Who and have hardly seen the newer or for that matter any of the episodes so I can't compare the likeness of the minifigs to the characters.

But I'm already worried about scale with so many details. Nevertheless, I'll see what I can come up with.

I would have put a proper eye in, but I was trying to keep it in scale, and there was no way of doing it without it looking odd.

First a bit of advice to ask, though. What parts did you guys use in the center of the body? You have studs on multiple sides of your Daleks, what's the secret to that look?

I used two of these with one of these in the middle, then built the other bits around it. The 1x1 plate in the middle allows room for the 1x2/2x2 plates of the skirt, and at the same time gives two distinctly separate 'halves.'

I've been busy trying to turn two popular companions into minifigs. I kinda like how Sarah Jane turned out, but Rose can definitely be improved, I think.

2212260821_17dd11c9ac_o.jpg

And then, there's always... the DALEKS! I've tried to "improve" the design Doctor Sinister posted...

2212248345_4d73246835_o.jpg

...and I came up with a design of my own.

2212239007_91f71ccb0f_o.jpg

To be honest, I'm not extremely pleased with either of them. The upper version was quickly put together, using any part at hand (hence the random colour scheme). The lower version looks quite big and bulky. Again the colours bother me, in this case the various shades of grey. Hmm... I might get back on the Daleks some other time, if I can figure out a better design.

Have a look (if you want) at both versions of the Dalek from all sides on my Flickr page.