Sign in to follow this  
Ritz Brick

Some totals

So I just went through all the City sets according to Brickset and did a few totals on the type and numbers of minifigs we've gotten since 2005. I haven't included Farmers, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer ect.

Police Men and Women- 39

Criminals- 12

Firemen and Women- 37

Emergency (Hospitals and Coast Guard)-23

Civillians- 52

Other (Mostly Construction Workers, Bus, Train, Tram Drivers, Pilots)-84

So it seems our lovely civillians are in no danger of the criminals, or their houses lighting on fire.

It seems that Lego City is like Dubai. There are more construction workers than residents! :tongue:

It's not a surprise that we are still getting a huge number of police, fire, and emergency minifigs. But what has been a significant improvement in the past couple of years is the exponential increase of civilian minifigs in CITY sets (coupled with those in the Collectible Minifig Series) which IMO, TLG has done a very good job on. I really won't mind the recycling of the police, fire, and emergency subthemes every two years or so, as long as we keep getting more civilians to rightfully populate our city/town layouts.

Since city theme is aimed at children, they like heroes such as police and of course firefighters, so hence the unbalanced numbers.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

When you are a kid, you want to become pilot, construction worker, policemen or firefighter.

With Lego, you can live that dream.

For adult collectors of course, this balance is not that nice, as we want more civilian stuff, to fill our city, but as it was already said, it's aimed at kids.

So we have to build the stuff we want on our own.

Interesting you say that KDM when I was doing the counting. At about 2008-2009. The civillian skyrocketed and the police and fire seemed to vanish.

It seems that Lego City is like Dubai. There are more construction workers than residents! :tongue:

:laugh: Ha! That is too funny. I wonder where my city stands... 1 construction worker for every 4 civis, 1 cop for every 4, 1 fireman for every 9. Is it possible that Lego city was designed to be to perfect :tongue:

Interesting you say that KDM when I was doing the counting. At about 2008-2009. The civillian skyrocketed and the police and fire seemed to vanish.

Agreed to an extent but in 2010, we got a third fire station (which is getting a bit much IMO) and for 2011 it seems we get more police stuff recycled from the old sets and an out of place space exploration theme (The theme isn't bad, I just don't think it should be lumped in with City). Also, the old fire and police sets were still available so I wouldn't say they seemed to vanish. However, TLC is still doing a good job with lots of good civilian stuff but I they hold back on fire and police for the next few years.

Civillians- 52

Other (Mostly Construction Workers, Bus, Train, Tram Drivers, Pilots)-84

Couldn't everything you have in the "other" category also be classified as "civilian"?