Sign in to follow this  
alois

MOC: Döner kebab house

For my second MOC, I liked to build a smaller modular building (16 studs wide) next to the mayor's residence (32 studs wide).

5254991223_4565a00183.jpg

I also wanted to contrast the two buildings, so I decided to build a snackbar. The words Döner kebap neatly fitting on 10 studs, I decided it to be a döner kebap snackbar of the kind you find everywhere in the Netherlands. I decided to give facade also a marked contrast between the first floor, with its large windows and rather ugly sign, all not original 19-century, and the rest of the facade, which shows the original 19-century Dutch neo-renaissance design.

5254991209_151f33cd22.jpg

I tried to give the first floor an interior.

5255013449_9ac8c555ec.jpg

More images can be found here.

Ultimate goal is to complete a Dutch street with multiple houses. Recently I bought set 10185, which may find ist place next to the snackbar.

Great building! I've seen many little shops like this when I went to Amsterdam :thumbup:

I want a Shawarma now! :tongue:

Excellent buildings 'alois', great detailing to both especially the larger one with it's trimwork to the top of the front columnwork. :grin:

Great job designing and building this....neat little cash register in the kebab shop too ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! 'alois' ! :sweet:

Those are lovely modular buildings alois! :wub: The architectural design is simply superb, and the choice of tan as the dominant color is very effective and refreshing to look at. Impressive work on these! :thumbup:

Nice kebab shop. All you are missing is the rotating things of meat (assuming they have those in Dutch kebab shops like they do in Australian kebab shops)

Nice kebab shop. All you are missing is the rotating things of meat (assuming they have those in Dutch kebab shops like they do in Australian kebab shops)

Look better under the cupboards....

Those are lovely modular buildings alois! :wub: The architectural design is simply superb, and the choice of tan as the dominant color is very effective and refreshing to look at. Impressive work on these! :thumbup:

I really like tan - it was a nice surprise after not building with lego since the eighties to find this colour. But the other reason for this colour are the sets 4954 and 6754 (which are nice buildings in itself, but now reduced to pieces).

Very nice, It looks really good, all it needs is a full interior! And now I want a Doener kebab! Keep up the great work!