Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Eurobricks Neighborhood Contest

neighborhood.jpg

Since a lot of us have virtual selves-or sig-figs, let's give them somewhere to live. Build your sig-fig a house so we can get an idea of what our virtual Eurobricks neighborhood looks like. Don't have a sig-fig? Make one. Little known fact: you don't have to make your avatar your sig-fig. They can be separate.

Rules:

1. Only LEGO elements can be used-no imitation brands
  2. Custom pieces and decals are okay
  3. Digital entries are okay
  4. House must be a new creation, not built before this contest started
  5. There is no size limit
  6. Winner will be decided by poll
  7. Deadline for entries is January 15, 2008

Note: Gylman brought up the idea that sig-fig houses in the EB neighborhood might be a fun on-going theme, so we've extended the deadline to get as many solid entries to start as possible. Have fun planning and I hope to see a lot of cool houses! *sweet* *y*

Entries:

1. Only one entry per member
  2. Each entry must contain a house and a sig-fig
  3. The first picture posted should be the one you want displayed in the voting collage-if not please note which pic you prefer...
  4. 6 pictures per entry
  5. please keep pictures at 72 dpi and the wider dimension under 650 pixels
  6. be as creative as you want-your house can be a vehicle-a tree-a pumpkin, whatever!

Prize:

The winner's house and sig-fig will be featured in an episode of The Whacker and the Walrus.

Edit: In addition the top three vote getters will receive a new City LEGO set.

neighborhood_prizes.jpg

Have fun and be creative! *sweet* *y*

Post entries here

Note: Clearly, we all know Hinckley lives in a tree house with his buddy Sinner. This is his vacation cottage... ;-)

Great contest, I'm gonna enter it....

Though,

Can it be a ship? My entry may or may not be a ship, I'll think about it!

Darn, with all these great contests going, I'm not sure if I'll have time to enter them all! X-O Well, I suppose education really is optional, right? :-P

Your example creation is really cool, Hinckley. I really like the 'in between' scale...

I'm certainly going to try to enter this one.

Hey Hinckley I just finished a moc on LDD but I started on sunday would it be alright for me to still enter it? If it is I need to order the house

Hey Hinckley I just finished a moc on LDD but I started on sunday would it be alright for me to still enter it? If it is I need to order the house

You do not need to order the house. And don't try to convince your parents that you do...

You can post the LDD file from the LEGO website after you upload it to the gallery. You may be able to make .jpgs with LDD 2, I don't know how it works...

You do not need to order the house. And don't try to convince your parents that you do...

You can post the LDD file from the LEGO website after you upload it to the gallery. You may be able to make .jpgs with LDD 2, I don't know how it works...

Dang it Hinckley you just destroyed any chance of my parents buying it for me! Before this contest I was planning ongetting it because it is so cool *wub* Also I have a few parts on LDD I want to add but they are not on the program

Woo! Another great contest idea, and another one I'll be entering! However, the model may take a bit longer this time, as it's not a vig, and I want to make it look good! I don't expect to win, there are a lot of great builders here, but it's all lots of fun and I'm looking forward to see what everyone else comes up with. :-D :-D

Also, I'll most likely be keeping this, maybe adding to it to accommodate my other sig-fig, if I can find him.

~Peace

You seem to be full of contest ideas lately Hinckley :-P

Will see to build something for this too... Indeed, you keep us working a lot, Boss X-D

LuxorV

This is a great idea for a contest, I will definitely enter! :-)

Now I need to make a sig-fig...(the hardest part in making one is choosing a head someone else isn't using! :-| :-D )

I better get working!

Another great contest entry Hinckie ;-)

Its only a pretext to build another house for my city :-P Modular On Baby !!

However I think that a month might be pretty tight schedulewise ;-) Loads of contests and we do have lives mind you :-P

Croc house On !!

*yoda*

I see you scraped the furniture contest Hinckley! This sounds like a good contest, to bad I have just posted a picture of what I was going to use on another topic. Could I still use it if I do up the inside Hinckley?

I probably will not be entering this contest, as I suck at building houses.

Also I have limited parts in which to build, and that includes one or two megabloks *Shock, horror* So if I end up running out of parts, can I use them? X-O

I might enter if I have some free time, great contest idea Hinckley! *y*

I must ask, can we stop making contests for a few days, I have to catch up with them all! :-$

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

I think I spend more time updating the Big Billboard o' Doom than I do building :-P

Man, Hickley, even I can't keep up with your contests! :-P

I'll enter this one, of course. I just need to pick ONE of my sig figs to focus on! ;-)

EDIT: Also, can it be a vig of part of the house, or do we have to make the whole thing?

Edited by SirNadroj

Great idea! I don't know if I'll enter or not, either way it's going to be fun to see the other sig figs' houses.

*skull* Shakar *skull*

Great idea! I don't know if I'll enter or not, either way it's going to be fun to see the other sig figs' houses.

Yeay its going to be fun and interesting !!

But I won't do a house based on my sigfigs: my town doesn't need a *yoda* or Croc swamp :-P X-D

I'll use it to make another building for my town ;-) Modular all the way once again hehe !!

*yoda*

I was going to make something like this with my Town House set, but that has been used. 8-| But I'll see what I can do! *sweet*

Note: Clearly, we all know Hinckley lives in a tree house with his buddy Sinner. This is his vacation cottage... ;-)

...and it's a great place to live too! *wub* I'll be making either a townhouse or a house boat.... :-D

I'll try and participate in this contest (which would make this my first contest as well as my first MOC entry) though I seriously don't know where to find the time.

I have several very big tasks for school over the course of the next couple of weeks and months + around five books to read, this wouldn't be such a problem if I got to choose them yet sadly, that won't work :'-(

I really hope I'll find the time :-)

Oh boy, I quit the skellie contest! This is great! And I can finaly release the first ever pic of my custom made italian minifig! But one question- I have two sigfigs: Can I do two entries or must it be only one?

I wasn't sure if this question was in the rules, i'll go see.

Edit: Just read the entries. Should I do my french sigfig or my italian one?

Edited by ~VBBN~