Buttons

Bricklink questions

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum but I have a queston-

Is there a way on bricklink of searching for multiple items/parts from the same seller all in one search?

This would save me a great deal of time in having to search in someones shop part by part and then finding that the seller is missing some of the parts that I have been searching for.

I sure hope there is :pir-sweet:

You can build a wanted list, then use the "By Shop" tab and it will show you how many lots(different item types) each store has that is on your wanted list. So if you only want 5 Items, add all five to a wanted list, then view "By Shop" and the stores with 5 unique lots should have all of your items available.

Hope this helps.

Buk

You can build a wanted list, then use the "By Shop" tab and it will show you how many lots(different item types) each store has that is on your wanted list. So if you only want 5 Items, add all five to a wanted list, then view "By Shop" and the stores with 5 unique lots should have all of your items available.

Hope this helps.

Buk

Welcolm to Eurobricks Buk :pir-classic: , I hope you didn't join just to tell me that but thank you all the same.

I will go and try it and then report back with my results. Thanks again :pir-sweet:

Buttons

I would like to confirm that the method works so COULD A ADMINISTRATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD? PLEASE

Edited by Buttons

No.

Especially not when you think we'll do it just because you used CAPITOL LETTERS :pir-tongue:

I think I'll leave this open for other members to ask bricklink-related questions.

I'll change the title a bit.

No.

Especially not when you think we'll do it just because you used CAPITOL LETTERS :pir-tongue:

I think I'll leave this open for other members to ask bricklink-related questions.

I'll change the title a bit.

Especially not if KimT can't spell CAPITAL.

Sorry I had nothing to say and therefore I posted crap, my bad :blush:

Also, is shipping usually regular priced (I know some people do it for a lot)?

You can also save multiple wanted lists and name them.

Then simply visit a shop you are interested in and up towards the top left on each page is an option to use your wanted lists in that shop. Here is a pic for you.

Untitled.png

I once purchased all the parts for the original Republic Gunship before I knew about this feature. That took me ages :pir_laugh2:

Also, is shipping usually regular priced (I know some people do it for a lot)?

Shipping varies between sellers, either check their 'splash page' or contact them to find out shipping details. It doesn't work like amazon with set shipping rates.

This might be a stupid question, but I've been trying to make a series of minifigs and I need to order parts. I have about 50 parts to order, but they're all in different stores, and in the current economy, shipping fee has suddenly become really expensive for me. Is there anyway to find all 50 parts in 1-2 stores, as opposed to the 12 different stores that I currently have to order from?

Thanks!

If you add the items you want to your Wanted List, you can use the Wanted List By Store feature to find the stores which has more of the pieces you need than others. This way you can buy as many pieces as possible from fewer stores.

This might be a stupid question

I merged your topic into this one. I might have to compile a BrickLink FAQ...

This might be a stupid question, but I've been trying to make a series of minifigs and I need to order parts. I have about 50 parts to order, but they're all in different stores, and in the current economy, shipping fee has suddenly become really expensive for me. Is there anyway to find all 50 parts in 1-2 stores, as opposed to the 12 different stores that I currently have to order from?

Thanks!

I know that Sinner merged your topic into this one, but the topic you are in now has allready answered your question. :pir-wink:

Especially not if KimT can't spell CAPITAL.

And since you can spell CAPITOL in two different ways. :pir-wink: Though, you're on to something...

I've been surfing around Bricklink, putting items into my cart at one store, then at another, and so on... but by the time I reach my last store and check my cart, it's empty! What am I doing wrong? :pir-cry_sad:

I've been surfing around Bricklink, putting items into my cart at one store, then at another, and so on... but by the time I reach my last store and check my cart, it's empty! What am I doing wrong? :pir-cry_sad:

You check out at each store, not in one bulk checkout. Each store is an individual seller. If you don't check out before you close the store, then your cart will be lost. A lot of stores have minimum order requirements that you must meet so you can't just order one part from a lot of them because you need to meet their minimum order (plus that would be pointless due to shipping). There will also be separate shipping charged for each store and as stated above, it will vary by seller.

I usually shop in 2 or 3 stores at the same time and sometimes 6! I open each store in a new tab or window and the shopping cart is unaffected :pir-classic:

I have another wanted list question. I want to save a cataloged inventory of one set, say 7662, how can I save the whole set inventory as a wanted list? No one wants to enter a whole set into a wanted list!

I usually shop in 2 or 3 stores at the same time and sometimes 6! I open each store in a new tab or window and the shopping cart is unaffected :pir-classic:

Thats a good way to get the best bargains provided you dont pay too much for shipping from each shop :wink:

I have another wanted list question. I want to save a cataloged inventory of one set, say 7662, how can I save the whole set inventory as a wanted list? No one wants to enter a whole set into a wanted list!

I just looked in the help section and found this

Hope it helps. :classic:

I just looked in the help section and found this

Hope it helps. :classic:

Uh, no. That's not really designed to do this job and would be an incredibly complicated way to do it, especially since most people don't know all of the necessary information required to fill those fields, but thank you for trying to help out. :thumbup:

Thanks mate :thumbup: I remember trying that out before, maybe I have to read a little closer this time around.

Let me suggest an alternate method.

Click "Wanted" then on the resulting page "Part Set" (they are both tabs at the top of the Bricklink page). Here is the resulting page.

That will bring you to a page dedicated to doing exactly what you want. Fill in the set number, adjust the checkboxes to indicate whether you want minifigs, a box, etc, then tell it where to add this set to your wanted list. You can choose between an existing list (your main one, usually), or add a new one. I'd suggest a new one and name it after the set, like 7662. Check the rest of the settings on the page then "submit for edit".

The next page allows you to remove things you might not really need. Say the set has a 1x2 white plate and you don't need one, you can choose not to add it. Work your way down the page and submit that and it's all done (ok, it's been a while since I parted a set, there might be one more confirmation page, I can't remember, but it's really obvious if you've ever added an item to the wanted list).

Now that you have this addition to your list, anywhere you would normally search will include an option to look for items on that list. There is no limit to the number of these lists you can have, as far as I know. I currently have 5 for various projects.

Additionally, when you check out, there is a link on the page right after checkout that allows you to review your wanted list to remove items that you just purchased. It's a quick and easy way to update things if you remember to do it (you can't ever get back to that page, you're stuck doing it manually if you don't get it then).

Good luck!

Uh, no. That's not really designed to do this job and would be an incredibly complicated way to do it, especially since most people don't know all of the necessary information required to fill those fields, but thank you for trying to help out. :thumbup:

D'oh! :blush::tongue:

Well im a BL n00b myself, I just checked out help and found that. :blush:

You check out at each store, not in one bulk checkout. Each store is an individual seller. If you don't check out before you close the store, then your cart will be lost. A lot of stores have minimum order requirements that you must meet so you can't just order one part from a lot of them because you need to meet their minimum order (plus that would be pointless due to shipping). There will also be separate shipping charged for each store and as stated above, it will vary by seller.

I tried to make my first purchase on Bricklink a couple days ago, but the seller won't answer my E-Mails. In fact, he hasn't sold anything on BrickLink in months. I'm afraid he's abandoned the site altogether. I'm not sure what to do. Should I try to buy the set from someone else and assume he's gone for good or what?

I tried to make my first purchase on Bricklink a couple days ago, but the seller won't answer my E-Mails. In fact, he hasn't sold anything on BrickLink in months. I'm afraid he's abandoned the site altogether. I'm not sure what to do. Should I try to buy the set from someone else and assume he's gone for good or what?

Did you place the order yet? If not, wait a week or so and then go to someone else. If you have placed the order and payed, after it has been about a week, contact BrickLink. Make sure to check the Splash page first, though, as the seller may be on vacation and have mentioned so there .If you have placed the order but not payed, again, check the Splash page, and wait a week or so, then contact BrickLink.

-ToF