ms09

Jeep Hurricane with three functioning steer modes

The MOC has realized all steer modes of Jeep Hurricane: conventional AWS steer, crab steer and skid steer. Front and rear axle steer are independent and powered by two M motors. Differential is applied to balance left/right wheels rotation in case of conventional steer. Switch to skid steer mode is done by pneumatics mechanism, which is also powered by one M motor. Chassis with pendular suspension and two XL motors for propulsion. LED head and tail lights which are connected to propulsion system and pneumatics respectively. Two RC receivers and two LED sets are used.

Video is available on Youtube via the link:

1353191306m_DISPLAY.jpg

1353249074m_DISPLAY.jpg

Skid Steer Mode.

1353191314m_DISPLAY.jpg

Conventional AWS Mode.

1353191323m_DISPLAY.jpg

Pendular Suspension.

1353191336m_DISPLAY.jpg

1353191348m_DISPLAY.jpg

Top View.

1353191418m_DISPLAY.jpg

Chassis Layout.

1353191359m_DISPLAY.jpg

Core of Powertrain.

1353191369m_DISPLAY.jpg

1353191393m_DISPLAY.jpg

Steer Mechanism.

1353191409m_DISPLAY.jpg

PS: I notice some comments on Youtube and want to give a short reply. Please note that the layout of chassis includes powertrain and steer mechanism are ALL Original and NOT ANY kind of Simplified version of other MOCs.

Please feel free to support this MOC on Lego Cuusoo: LINK

Edited by ms09

@MS09: I like your Lego Technic Jeep Hurricane a lot! :thumbup: Please tell me that you're going to keep it intact, and not dismantle it for other projects....

@MS09: I like your Lego Technic Jeep Hurricane a lot! :thumbup: Please tell me that you're going to keep it intact, and not dismantle it for other projects....

Hello David: Thanks a lot for your comment! I have also submitted this MOC on Lego Cuusoo and it shall be surely kept for a while.

Edited by ms09

I see you used some expensive cylinder brackets:D I wonder if lego were make this set they would reintroduce this part? Thanks for showing your work! If I was into MOC'ing I would surely use some of it!

I see you used some expensive cylinder brackets:D I wonder if lego were make this set they would reintroduce this part? Thanks for showing your work! If I was into MOC'ing I would surely use some of it!

Thanks for your comment!

As I can remember, the cylinder brackets appear in 8421 and 8275. If Lego would again release some big pneumatic mobile crane, the reintroduction of this component is very possible. By the way, the cylinder brackets prove to be very useful in this MOC.

*huh* only for a while?!? This MOC is gorgeous! :wub_drool:

I am very glad you like it! :laugh: This MOC will remain intact until I have some new ideas and need parts from it.

I like your "pneumatic solution" for the skid steer mode =)

Many thanks for your comment! Actually I didn't realize the advantage of pneumatics (compared with LA) until I started this project.

Unbelievable, I'm very impressed! How do you design such a complex MOC? How long did it take to get it work? Do you suply a LDD file?

Edited by Mr_Shimano

Unbelievable, I'm very impressed! How do you design such a complex MOC? How long did it take to get it work? Do you suply a LDD file?

Nice to have your comment! This project took me around two-week spare time and it went through four major changes. I think module design (front/rear axle, propulsion, transmission) is a good idea since you can focus on specific problem and in case of modification you don't need to take everything apart. Currently I have no plan making LDD file.

I love Jeep Hurricane! This one was really a complex beast.

If the color and outlook could be coordinated, your work will be highly prefered.

Whatever, Cheers for you!

Edited by shushu808

Very nice MOC indeed, the functions seem very smooth. I also missed your version GuiliuG, will certianly ahve a look at your videos as well.

I love Jeep Hurricane! This one was really a complex beast.

If the color and outlook could be coordinated, your work will be highly prefered.

Whatever, Cheers for you!

Nice to meet you here and thanks for the comment! As you might have noticed, the MOC doesn't fully resemble Jeep Hurricane (pendular instead of independent suspension and no second V8 fake engine in rear part).

jeep-hurricane-08.jpg

So I'd rather call it Jeep Hurricane Compact.

BTW, there is another nice MOC which bears high resemblance to Jeep Hurricane.

verygood

Thanks for your comments and nice to meet you here! :wink:

alsome!

with Complete function&compact structure

I'm glad you like it. :laugh:

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Another old friend here :laugh:

Nice ! I see we have come with the same pneumatic solution for our both jeep hurricane :

http://www.eurobrick...5666&hl=guiliug

but yours seems to work better for two reasons : you don't have independant suspension so your axle are built stronger and you use xl-motors instead of L-motors !

Great MOC !

Hello GuiliuG: I like independant suspension and appearance of your MOC a lot! :wub: It seems that we start with very similar concept (PF + Pneumatics) and end with very different implementation.

Very nice MOC indeed, the functions seem very smooth. I also missed your version GuiliuG, will certianly ahve a look at your videos as well.

Thanks for your comment! :wink:

Edited by ms09