Bricky Dee Williams

Lego Fantastic Beasts 2016 Rumors & Discussion

So guys, in just2good's newest Catalogue Revisit video, at about 4:08, he mentioned while revisiting the Harry Potter pages that "these were the last wave of sets from the theme...until the ones being released later this year. Did I say that out loud?"

Yes, he did! So, I say it's officially unofficially confirmed! He did say "sets" and not "Dimensions packs" or anything of the like. He, said, "sets." So, I know I'm excited! What about you guys? What are your hopes for the "return" of the theme later this year? I persoanlly expect a reveal at SDCC, but we can probably expect some tidbits from our trusty members with sources.

Here's a link to the video:

Edit: Mods, if you would, please add an "n" to the end of "Discussio." Thanks, typo. :sweet:

Edited by Aegis2000

Listen again - this is exactly what he says.

Until the.. new sets come out, later this year for LEGO Dimensions, hohohoh.

Edited by CM4Sci

Sci has it correct because in the comments he said "That's what the rumor list that leaked hinted at". So he is most definitely talking about the dimensions list from a few months ago. But he never mentioned sets. Hope that cleared it up.

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

Wasn't there something in the other discussion thread about TLG wanting to test the demand for full Fantastic Beasts sets with Dimensions packs, or was I misunderstanding something there? Personally, I think it would be nice to see, especially if they remade some Potter sets as well (I would personally love a new Burrow, I had the original but unfortunately it was dismantled during a move and I was never able to rebuild it).

I agree with Wil348, I think Lego will make the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Dimensions packs, see how well they do, and then possibly follow through with full Fantastic Beasts sets (and if we're lucky, some more HP).

If that's the case, I hope the Dimensions packs do really well!

Harry Potter was always a very underrated theme when it was out, I feel - it had some ridiculously amazing builds. My Burrow is standing proud amongst my modulars, what a steal that set was. I'll always regret not saving up for Diagon Alley to join it!

It still seems to be rather unclear if we are even getting sets for Fantastic Beasts (incidentally, I've shortened the ridiculously long name for the title--we all know what it is :wink: ) or not. I don't consider off-hand YouTube remarks to be credible--at least not credible enough to warrant making new topics.

So, until we can determine if we are getting sets or Dimensions packs, I'm going to keep this open, because there is apparent interest. IF we are not getting sets, but Dimensions backs, I will close this thread. Other threads already deal with the physical brick discussion of Dimensions and as such we would then not need this thread.

Thank you!