L-space

the Great Hall

indexed.gif

As you may have seen I have announced in the WIP topic of this build that I am ready.

The build took me about 5 months on and of with a peak in the Christmass break.

It measures about 85 cm side to side, making it just to big to fit through the doors with ease.

Still I am very pleased with it and won't change that in the near future.

This is the major part of the Great Hall. The place where the wizards w(h)ine and dine.

As usual there is no interior. The place is bigger on the inside then the outside.

Some pictures:

great_hall_00.jpg

the official first pic

5400740212_b6609903a8.jpg

The hubwards view showing the main entrance.

You can see my new Archchancellor Ridcully in front.

5400740306_18bcdd1395.jpg

The back wall, facing The Backs.

5398869424_bce4e76f09.jpg

Ridcully and the two engineering consultants Teddy (l) and blueandwhite ®.

More on flickr, MOCpages and brickshelf (when moderated, the progress of the entire Unseen University is viewable though).

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Outstanding creation L-Space! I love that intricate floor tile pattern in the front. default_wubnew.gif Great job also on the angled side towers and the roof details and the brickbuilt archway of the entrance. Congratulations on this wonderful build, your 5 months of hardwork have paid off really well. default_thumbup.gif

It's nice to see that it's finally finished. It looks fantastic! I've always liked buildings that have odd angles and your University has them in spades. It looks good from both the front and back but I'm also looking forward to some shots from the sides. The two small towers with the brown windows and brown peaks also look fantastic and add a lot of character to the building particularly with the ivy growing up the wall near the larger tower. I think the look is just perfect as it now stands although I might consider changing the roofing on the towers to red instead of blue. Overall this is a truly impressive MOC!

Great work and congratulations on getting her finished.

Awesome! After seeing the different stages of the WIP, I was getting really exited. I love the mosaic at the front... :wub:

Oh how i could have missed this? :wub: Lovley piece of art L-Space :thumbup: The mosaic on the front is very nicely done and all the details and stained class makes it just perfect. Is there any interior though? Very nice MOC L.

Captain Becker

Hi L-Space,

the mottling on the walls turned out really great. :thumbup:

And i feel really honored and a bit unworthy that you put my avatar in the last photo.

I also like the fact that you put mottling on the roofs as well as it gives it a bit more of an organic look.

Reddish-brown and old brown also work well as a mottling colors together with dark red in regular red colored roofs.

Are you planning a complete shot of all your University MOCs together?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

i'm glad some liked the WIP shots. It was fun making them aswell. Expect more on future projects.

@Teddy; That was the least I could do I think.

I won't be taking any pictures of buildings together untill the entire university is complete.

And that might take a while longer since I'm thinking of adding two more structures to the build.