Sign in to follow this  
o0ger

[MOC] Mordechai

Hi everyone! This is something that I've been wanting to build since I saw the first images of the Obi-Wan Constracation Figure. I just love that head. So here goes:

27357203405_04e3f1b7a5_z.jpg

Mordechai by o0ger, on Flickr

27259312572_b1e8cf9b19_z.jpg

27259315242_994b2f17c0_z.jpg

27323680526_d776f989ca_z.jpg

27357206405_a7290c9b7c_z.jpg

I finally got to use some of those dark blue Ben 10 leg/arm-joints as well.

I really dig this, would be really cool to see him alongside your Allegra. The usage of the Ben 10 pieces and the torso construction in general is brilliant!

Edited by WARHEAD

I really dig this, would be really cool to see him alongside your Allegra. The usage of the Ben 10 pieces and the torso construction in general is brilliant!

Thank you!

Actually, my long term plan is to build more characters in this style. Allegra in her original form is sadly disassembled, but she will return (i hope). The Constraction heads and the Galidor heads are in slightly different scale though. So if she turns up alongside Mordechai she will be a bit smaller. There are of course small people, and big people, so I hope the difference won't be too big.

The Ben 10 torso works better size-wise than the HF-torso. Ben 10 is a bit bigger. I was quite pleased with the result of using the Ben 10 parts.

Edited by o0ger

Really effective parts combinations that make for an impressive and cohesive figure :thumbup: Great rifle design too :thumbup:

Ben 10 parts and a SW Constraction head.

You win, sir. You win.

Amazing MoC all around.

Excellent, liking the colors, and nice part uses - The old walkie-talkie looks great as a microphone.

The lower legs seem oddly thick, and I can't really perceive the knee joint, but then again I'm not familiar with the reference material.

Ben 10 parts and a SW Constraction head.

You win, sir. You win.

Amazing MoC all around.

Thanks! :)

Yes this is spectacular. I really ought to buy an Obi-Wan myself, just such a cool head piece.

Yes, you'd better! They will probably not be around for too long.

Excellent, liking the colors, and nice part uses - The old walkie-talkie looks great as a microphone.

The lower legs seem oddly thick, and I can't really perceive the knee joint, but then again I'm not familiar with the reference material.

Thanks for your input Pate-keetongu! Much appreciated. I was going for a kind of power-armor/exo-suit look. The idea is that the suit gives the wearer enhanced strength, as well as protecting from temperature, radiation and bullets. The thick legs could be explained by all kinds of gears and machinery that gives the wearer the ability to jump much higher or run faster. I see what you mean about the knee joint though :) It's not to clear where it is located. I badly wanted to use the Ben 10 parts though, so this is what I ended up with.

There is no reference material. This is all completely made up. It started with me holding the Obi-Wan head in one hand and digging through my bin of cool parts with the other hand. This is the result. :)

One of my favourite TV-series as a teen was "Time Trax". The main villain was called Mordechai Sahmbi. That name just stuck with me. I always thought it was such a cool name ;)

Edited by o0ger

Unfortunately I can't unsee the head as anything but Obi-Wan, but the build for the body is fantastic! I love what you did with the colours, given that dark blue is a fairly rare CCBS colour.

Unfortunately I can't unsee the head as anything but Obi-Wan

Ok, that is unfortunate. I just see some guy with a beard.

, but the build for the body is fantastic! I love what you did with the colours, given that dark blue is a fairly rare CCBS colour.

Thank you! Yes, the dark blue was bit of a challenge!

Okay, I admit was expecting that h to be a typo and to see a really tall blue jay here. :laugh:

But that doesn't matter, this is a really good MOC. The way you combined CCBS and B10 so seamlessly (with a dash of classic Bionicle and System) is spectacular. Nothing comes off as awkward or out of place, which is what these MOCs tend to be. And major props for making good use of such a rare colour in the action figure realm like dark blue.

So, really great job.

Edited by Shakar

Okay, I admit was expecting that h to be a typo and to see a really tall blue jay here. :laugh:

But that doesn't matter, this is a really good MOC. The way you combined CCBS and B10 so seamlessly (with a dash of classic Bionicle and System) is spectacular. Nothing comes off as awkward or out of place, which is what these MOCs tend to be. And major props for making good use of such a rare colour in the action figure realm like dark blue.

So, really great job.

Thank you! It was fun building him! I think I will build more figures like this in the future.

This is really creative and cool! Even the gun, which could've easily been phoned in as a generic blaster, still has a cool shape that looks like it fits specifically with the look of this model. Like a bulky future SMG or something. Not a single part of this MOC feels unspecific to it.

The little details are wonderful, like the fencing sword for a mouth piece communicator.

This is really creative and cool! Even the gun, which could've easily been phoned in as a generic blaster, still has a cool shape that looks like it fits specifically with the look of this model. Like a bulky future SMG or something. Not a single part of this MOC feels unspecific to it.

The little details are wonderful, like the fencing sword for a mouth piece communicator.

Thank you for noticing all the details that I've spent way to much time on :)