Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

~-This Quest is for chosen heroes only. if you are interested in joining Heroica RPG, visit the Heroica Rules and Discussion topic.-~

The tale I am about to tell you is simply the final chapter. The final chapter of a much, much longer story... that began over 3,000 years ago.

t3nDH.png

There is a lonely, remote island in the North. 3,000 years ago, they mages who resided there were slowly dying. The harsh wintry climate allowed neither cattle or steed to survive. Thus, each day for the mages was a constant struggle against the cruel snow. The land was barren and unfarmable - there was nothing to hunt. Thus, slowly but surely, the mages died one by one in the frigid cold. The greatest evokers among the mages sought to end the misery that plagued their people. Thus, they banded together and conducted a ritual atop the highest mountain peak. By the ritual's end, they had created a new type of lifeform: a new species was born.

Gc7Bv.gif

The Proggs.

Little did they know that their own creation would eventually doom them to an even worse fate then before. The Proggs, when their population grew large enough, rallied and enslaved their masters. The Proggs forced them to endure what they had to when they were under the mage's thrall.

3,000 years have past. And now, the invasion of Luosh... has begun.

H6LqZ.gif

6 heroes and the Progg runt who had rallied them step outside of the hall at the dead of night. These 6 heroes were...

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 16½

Power: 24 (16+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 1/32 (9+15+7+1)

Ether: 17/21 (5+15+1)

Gold: 150

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 12

Power: 20 (12+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 22/22 (7+11+4)

Gold: 127

Equipment: Black Katana (WP:8), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x3, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum x3, Mead x3

pic_6_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 18 1/2

Power: 26 (18+8+0)

Health: 33/33 (17+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 126 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians),

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion (1), Venom (2), Ice Bomb (1), Phoenix Essence (1), Mead (1)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 17 Evoker

Power: 28

Defense: 0

Health: 25/25

Ether: 17/17

Gold: 183

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle. Does not prevent free hits. )

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 8 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 19

Health: 12/12

Gold: 0 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4)

Isabella del Toboso (played by Dharkan),

Level 13.5 Rogue Human Female - 23 years old

Power:22

Health: 19/19

Gold: 691 gold

SP: 1

Equipment: Fauxthril Dagger (WP:8) Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1; untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle) Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6)

Inventory:,Opal, Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6, Golden Dagger (WP:3), a Vial of Venom, Potion(7),Tonic(5), Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Fire Bomb(2),Dragon Scale(2)

A massive chariot stands before them, capable of fitting a dozen men - yet, oddly, only one person steps out. The moon hangs over them, the light emitting from it lighting up the scene. The horses neigh and whinny, afraid of going back to Luosh.

pPxI4.png

yHsyW.png

"Jerome Doe, second in command of the Luosh guard, at your service. Is everyone here? When you all confirm, we can head to Luosh."

QM Note: Please confirm you are ready to play within 24 hours. :sweet: Did I get the stats right? Also, B&P, your picture seems broken.

Edited by Endgame

OoC: Stats good

Lycan for some strange reason, that not even some of the greatest Eubrician clerics can work out, is still in Lycanthropian Form. On one hand, Lycan viewed this as an advantage, however on the other hand, it reduced his subtlety.

"So, Druid, you are the party leader. I must say I trust you more than this Evoker child."

OoC: Why do I never get to be the PL?! :laugh:And yes, I'm working on trying to fix the picture, I too realized there was a problem earlier today.

"Johon at your service." Johon shakes the guard's hand causing Jerome to stumble.

"So we are gonna be going up against some little wormy thingies?"

Edited by Bricksandparts

yHsyW.png

"If only, Mr. Johon."

Jerome wrings out his hand after Johon had given him a deathgrip of a handshake.

"Proggs are ferocious creatures. They use every single trick imaginable to dominate their enemies - as if having razor claws, ability to tunnel, and giant spikes for tails weren't enough for the blokes. I hear some can even fly. Do not underestimate them. One of their leaders, Rhodus, killed a hero from your organization.

This is an interspecies war, Mr. Johon."

Edited by Endgame

"These progs sound like trouble. I do hope we do not lose another member of our organisation to them. I do not wish to suffer a loss that heavy again. Well my Ennoc guide me to stop this threat."

yHsyW.png

"Trouble... would be an understatement.

I departed from Luosh with 10 guards backing me up. I'm the only one left. These are more then simple troublemakers."

Edited by Endgame

"Well, I don't believe in any of this ennoc crap the evoker believes in, but Ill tell you one thing, They may seem evil. But We are gonna bring hell to them."

"Sounds like the odds I like. Could you explain more about this Luosh? Is this the wintery, desolate island to the north you speak of?" Johon asks Jerome, then addresses his party.

"I'm starting to think we are gonna have to set up camp or something... I'm not getting a great feeling about this."

Johon waits for the guard to answer, then springs a few more.

"Will you be helping us in battle Jerome? You seem to know quite a bit about this challenge. Do we have any supplies? I believe we could do ok, but some back-up tools and supplies would help."

Johon then shoves Lycan, annoyed at his remark about religious discrimination.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Johon, I may be brave, but I'm not foolish. If we are going to stage an invasion, we are going to be vastly outnumbered.

"I know, but do you expect that we are just gonna go out there and freeze our butts off? Even though it wouldn't be used for attacking purposes, we will need a home, and I would like if it were hidden. That way if need be, we have a place to evade to."

OoC: Got a picture, but I think it's a bit too big, I'm used to just using the picture re-size feature on the old EB, but it doesn't work now.

picture4.jpg

yHsyW.png

"Remote island? Huh? When did I say that?

Luosh is only a 2 hours drive away. it's a lush, ritzy town for aristocrats. It is not a frozen wasteland."

QM Note: The remote island is simply the place of the progg's location, the island and Luosh are completely different things. Also, the opening narration wasn't meant to be IC knowledge: only a select few people know about the island.

Edited by Endgame

"I've spent more time than probably any of you evading capture. When I was a boy, before I came to Eubric, I lived in the High Kingdoms. My species were hated by everyone. We had soldiers, farmers and mercenaries after us. We would hunt by night, hide by day. When we were eventually found, most of my kin were brutally massacred, even the women and children. If we want a base, I suggest a cave or a high point. Oh, And I would not reccomend pushing me again, you puny mortal, I mean human."

Jerome looks towards Punii. Apparently the two were acquaintances - thus why Punii was able to get a ride from him.

yHsyW.png

"...Are you sure you picked the right guys?"

qi64g.png

*cough, wheeze* "Certain. I think."

QM Note: Also, none of you are supposed to know what a Progg looks like yet. That little fellow in the intro is just a baby - the boss progg of 36 is more then a story tall.

Edited by Endgame

Elgar saw Johon and lycan fighting. "We have been here for a few minutes and you are already fighting. This is stupid to say the least, we are here to save a city not fight each other."

Turning to the quart Elgar asked

"How many men can we expect to back us up or have you lost most off them to the progs already?"

yHsyW.png

"Those of us remain are spread thin protecting the mayor and the town hall, the current Progg refuge. I don't think you'll get much help."

OoC: Stats good

Lycan for some strange reason, that not even some of the greatest Eubrician clerics can work out, is still in Lycanthropian Form. On one hand, Lycan viewed this as an advantage, however on the other hand, it reduced his subtlety.

"So, Druid, you are the party leader. I must say I trust you more than this Evoker child."

"Thank you for your trust sir, I hope to live up to it." breathed Sylph through his spiked iron-animal-skull, modified to incorporate his newly acquired helmet, his earthy cowl concealing much of the modification. He stepped forward from behind, standing side by side his compatriots in front of the grim soldier. He turned slightly, continuing to speak to Lycan. "I've dealt with Lycanthropes before on several occasions, and I've grown to respect their kind. They are much closer to nature than the average man, dwarf or elf, and as a servant of the earth, I admire that. I know little of this Evoker of whom you speak, as I don't believe I have met him before."

His brown cape billowed in the chill wind which blew from the north. Sylph could sense the unnatural forces at work in Luoch. He listened as his party grew restless. So fast too.

"If we are staging an invasion, it can be done." stated Sylph, addressing his party. "Small numbers provide us with mobility and flexibility. A strike force can deal damage to even a massive horde, but none of that matters if we're squabbling over our personal beliefs. We are all agents of Heroica, chosen for our experience and individual skills and talents. We can debate religion however violently we want when we return to the hall with the head of the Progg leaders adorning our belts."

yHsyW.png

"I like the way you think, Druid. Our plan right now is to kill the Progg's three leaders, who happen to be princes: Rhodus, Eidolon, and Aquos. I;m pretty sure heroica has crossed swords with Rhodus before, but he went by the psuedonym Death Progg."

Edited by Endgame

"That is sound advice,Sylph. I've worked with Druids before. They have saved my life several times. I've got a debt to pay. "