Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Day 2

27450880131_6590ab6c70_c.jpg

‘Twas night time in Mafia land, the time where everyone, despite being in the same room, is so tired that they don’t wake up to someone being murdered. It’s rather sweet and calming. They’re like a bunch of tired little kittens.

27450877671_53dda7731f_c.jpg

Enter Mr. Shadow, who actually has a name, but due to how this whole story-telling thing works, I can tell you who it is. It’d certainly make things easier for everyone out there, but, hey, I gotta make this suspenseful. Mr. Shadow strolled himself right on over to Masharin Ivankov (Umbra-Manis), and pulled out a little syringe full of poison. He slipped the tip into Masharin (not in the way it sounds, I’m talking about the needle) and prepared to push the poison into him, when he suddenly did a double-take. “Shit,” he said. “Wrong Russian guy, isn’t he.” He took the syringe out and looked for the other guy.

27424382432_02920721ab_c.jpg

There! Over by the wall, was Yakolev Ivankov (KotZ). Mr. Shadow chuckled and stabbed him with the needle and gave him his nightly dose of poison. Then Yakolev died. Not particularly dramatic - he just sort of...stopped breathing. Oh well.

27450872151_61d257589e_c.jpg

Mr. Shadow decided to take his leave at that point. Not much else to do that night. Good-bye!

27450869181_01aa59c309_c.jpg

So, the named “night shift” had ended, and the jolly Mafia chaps awoke, guessing who of their comrades had died during the night. Their guessing didn’t last long, as they saw Yakolev Ivankov’s dead body. Poor man’s hat had fallen off of his head, too. Nasty way to go.

27450866541_ea1aa71dc0_c.jpg

John McClane was called over, and, hesitantly, he took a look at Yakolev’s body. In his dead hand was a note, which John pulled out and opened. “Uh...it...it says he’s not part of the ULTIMATIO. So he’s part of the MAFIA. Which is a good thing, remember. Don’t get confused.”

27450863361_dddbe7788f_c.jpg

Amelto Inzerillo, the handsome man, and the only one still with a hat (Godalupe’s helmet doesn’t count), called over everyone in the Mafias together. “We’re one down. And considering there aren’t too many of us left at this point, we need to be more careful. Everyone start working on finding out who these damned ULTIMATIO are.” Alarcio Leyva shouted in support, which, well, Amelto didn’t really need, but, hey, it’s the thought that counts, I guess. Who cares.

So then they started the second day cycle. Let’s see who dies today!

Rules. For the Players. Not for the Host. The Host has no rules to follow.

1. Everyone gets their very own character! Hooray! Either they’re part of the MAFIA, or they’re part of the more red ULTIMATIO. There is no third party neutral, nor will there be any references to the existence of one.

2. Every day, you have the option to vote for someone. You do not have to vote, that is also an option. Do it like Vote: Character (Player). If you want to unvote, do the same thing, but say Unvote:. A two-thirds majority (which I will calculate for you) is required for a lynch.

3. Every “day” is 72 hours long. That’s 3 days. Plenty of time. You can’t vote for the first 24 hours, but as soon as the 25th hour begins, you can. After that, you get a night stage, which, hopefully, will last for a majority of 48 hours. At the beginning of each day (except Day 1, obviously), the alignment of those who died or were lynched will be revealed.

4. You must post twice at least every day. I do this to encourage activity, since inactivity has been pretty prevalent in games thus far. If you do not post at least twice, you get 4 votes against you at the beginning of the next day.

5. Don’t quote any PM’s. You can lie about them, but only if you just paraphrase it. Lying is encouraged, as it sows the seed of distrust!

6. Keep the game in the game, or in your PM’s. If some guy steps to you in game, don’t take it out on him in some thread about the new Star Wars set. We’re all people here.

7. If you die, you can’t post anymore. You’re dead. Keep it that way. Same thing with PM’s. Dead people can’t send messages.

8. If you edit a post, I will decapitate you. Or not, I’ll probably just do the 4 vote thing. If I edit a post, same punishment. No one is safe!

9. There is no BS temperature stuff or hints or any of that in the pictures. The pictures are simply pictures.

10. Let’s talk about PM’s. In the past, you can send PM’s to whomever you desire. Not so here, my friends. Now you may only send PM’s to those who share your family name (Inzerillo, Yamaguchi, Leyva, Ivankov, Johnson). I can’t really keep tabs on whether or not you’re going to be honest about this or not, but let’s just put the honor system in place.

11. This is kinda one of the guidelines when you host a Mafia - don’t make characters who are obviously Mafia-esque into the bad guys. That ruins the fun for everyone. So while certain characters may seem more or less Mafia-esque than others, remember that all alignments and roles are completely random. Remember - judge people on what they say, not who they’re playing as.

12. If you need help with stuff, or want to talk about the game freely, just talk about it with me in the role PM with me. If you need money, I suggest you seek other help.

13. If you violate the rules, I’ll get real angry. Not sure what I’ll do, but you won’t like it.

14. Have fun, if you want. Or destroy everyone in your race to survive. Your choice.

Yakuza Branch

27123368386_d35f51ab81_q.jpg

Name: Nishimura Yamaguchi

Nationality: Japanese

Role in Yakuza: 組長 (Family Head)

Personality: Fierce, Cruel, and Quiet

Extra Notes: Has prosthetic left hand after betting his real hand in a card game

27123368536_9588fd3ceb_q.jpg

Name: Hori Yamaguchi/サイレントサムライ

Nationality: Japanese/Unknown

Role in Yakuza: 新議員 (Law Advisor)

Personality: Diabolically Friendly/Completely Still and Silent

Extra Notes: サイレントサムライ (The Silent Samurai) entered service once Hori’s legs failed him. It is unknown where the Samurai came from, but it’s rumored that Hori possesses some magic that turned a statue into a living servant.

Bratva Branch

27123368466_28e6d88822_q.jpg

Name: Brother Masharin Ivankov

Nationality: Soviet Russian

Personality: The most kind-hearted out of everyone at the Convention

Extra Notes: Attempts to help others, but his low intelligence generally messes it up

La Costa Nostra Branch (Sicilian [Classic “Gangsters”)

26552006383_9965bf9296_q.jpg

Name: Amelto Inzerillo

Nationality: Italian

Personality: Cruel and cunning. The ultimate Mafioso

Extra Notes: Wears white gloves so that he doesn’t get blood on his hands. Also carries his knife around with him at all times.

27366126666_2340f68e01_q.jpg

Name: Adone Inzerillo

Personality: Stern, gruff, and intolerant of everything

Extra Notes: Leader of the “Cappelli Marrone”, a secretive intelligence-gathering branch of the La Costa Nostra.

26552006343_e0321e9386_q.jpg

Name: Casto Inzerillo

Personality: Haughty and flamboyant

Extra Notes: The son of Amelto, under training, and excessive about almost every aspect of his life.

Mexican Branch (Mexico [Militarized Outfits])

27123368586_ac38f6ca3a_q.jpg

Name: Godalupe Leyva

Nationality: Mexican

Personality: Intense and furious for some unknown reason

Extra Notes: Extraordinarily pale skin, most likely due to some kind of accident, not a birth defect

27061342792_139e78e298_q.jpg

Name: Alarico Leyva

Nationality: Mexican

Personality: Proud of his killing skill, which is pitious

Extra Notes: Permanently dyes one of his arms red when he kills someone. Currently has one red arm.

Hell’s Angels (America [bikers])

26552006283_1f6cea7691_q.jpg

Name: Frank Johnson

Nationality: American

Personality: Slightly wild, but kind

Extra Notes: Taken into the Hell’s Angels because he was the orphaned son of one of the members, they are all he’s ever known, and he’ll defend them to his last breath.

27061342502_850d4bbc89_q.jpg

Name: Michael Johnson, Sr.

Nationality: American

Personality: Haughty and Rude

Extra Notes: Michael is proud to be an American. And, luckily, he belongs to an organization who completely supports him on this.

Dead

27061342342_19e76f2e40_q.jpg

Name: Brother Yakovlev Ivankov

Nationality: Soviet Russian

Personality: Quite the quiet man, but is quite passionate about the more...sadistic things in life

Alignment: MAFIA

Well that's a shame that we lost a loyal mobster.

Brother Masharin, did your comrade tell you anything in private before he died?

Well that's a shame that we lost a loyal mobster.

Brother Masharin, did your comrade tell you anything in private before he died?

No, he didn't. We each sent one message, a greeting, and a comment about vodka. No strategy, theories, etc.

Amelto is not the only man left with a hat, despite what our bumbling host says.

Even if my hat doesn't match my suit, it's still a hat. I take deep offense with our host's neglect of my hat.

Anyways, Yakovlev may be the first Russian I'll ever be sad to see die.

I suppose we'll be trying more actively for a lynch today, if I understand yesterday's conversation correctly...

Not much discussion is occurring. I'm going to assume that's because it's still early-ish, and because my Brother, Amelto is out visiting his dead Uncle-In-Law's grave... The man's name was Giuseppe. Funny enough, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't Amelto who killed him...

I'll step in my brother's place during his absence to try and stimulate some discussion, even though I'm nowhere near as good as he is at that.

I'll speculate that the Scum killed Yakovlev arbitrarily, without knowing anything about him besides that he was Town. I'm not great at speculating these things, so the rest of you had better join in sooner rather than later.

And by Town I mean Mafia, of course.

But I wouldn't be dumb enough to edit my statement, unlike some people I share a name with...

I find Brother Masharin to be very suspicious. He only posted once yesterday*, and he has already completed half the minimum posts. His post was semi-useful, but he could post one throwaway comment and soar under the radar. Amelto was the only one who even noticed him yesterday, and it's highly possible he will do the same today.

*Which should invoke a four vote penalty. Sorry.

-talks in Michelangelo the ninja turtle voice- Sad that Yakovlev was killed last night. Yesterday I did not have any suspicions, but today I have one. I think Casto is being very suspicious, He voted for 4 different people yesterday. He voted for Nishimura when Nishimura voted for him, I can understand that as I have done that in another life. He then votes for the host, then he votes for Frank because he made a useless joke, then he votes for me because I have not contributed much. And he only votes for me after Hori did. I was writing this post when his last reply pooped up.

I find Brother Masharin to be very suspicious. He only posted once yesterday*, and he has already completed half the minimum posts. His post was semi-useful, but he could post one throwaway comment and soar under the radar. Amelto was the only one who even noticed him yesterday, and it's highly possible he will do the same today.

*Which should invoke a four vote penalty. Sorry.

Can't find anything suspeces here. I am wondering why Masharin has posted so l

ittle too.

I'm currently away from home, so my internet access is a little spotty. Anyway, I can see where your suspicions are coming from, but I'll just get on with what I was trying to post yesterday.

We're looking at 2-3 Ultimatios, and we are a now down to max of 8 Mafiosos with the death of my esteemed Brother. With 2/3 vote necessary according to our possibly time travelling host, here's our situation.

10 Players - 7 Votes needed to lynch

If there are 3 Ultimatio we need a unanimous agreement, with 2 there can only be one dissenter.

If we lose another mafioso today or tonight, our situation stays the same, but if we lynch one mafioso and the Ultimatios get another we fall dangerously behind. The key (IMO) to our survival is a loyal investigator being able to build a block within his own family, since those are the only ones he can contact. I'll continue this thought train tomorrow.

-snip-

I'll speculate that the Scum killed Yakovlev arbitrarily, without knowing anything about him besides that he was Town. I'm not great at speculating these things, so the rest of you had better join in sooner rather than later.

-snip-

I agree that Yakovlev was likely killed at random. After thinking about yesterday's events I can't see a motive for killing him. He posted a fair amount, but didn't have any suspects, and in the end wasted his vote on the host.

-snip-

I suppose we'll be trying more actively for a lynch today, if I understand yesterday's conversation correctly...

I find this comment interesting.

Yesterday, I raised a case against Casto and Casto revenge voted me. You ignored this and proceeded to waste your vote on the host. The rest of your comments were then spent joking around about your wasted vote. It seems that you were able to convince Casto (temporarily) and Yakovlev to waste their votes as well.

I'm glad to see that you'll be taking today's voting more seriously. You wouldn't want to seem scummy wasting your vote again, right?

I was purely in favor of a no-lynch day one. However, a no-vote is a wasted vote, in my opinion. Voting for the host, even if futile, could have some interesting consequences as a result. I wish we'd lynched him. Would have been entertaining to see how that wound up.

You do make a good point, Nisimura. Yakovlev voted for the host, and may have seemed scummy as well to some. I take it we all understand that Yakovlev was not scummy, but truly just wanted Vodka. I hope he got a final drink before death.

My opinion of you, Nishimura is constantly shifting. I don't like that in a man. We'll see how we get along from here...

Let's get things rolling, shall we?

I am a rolecop for the mafia and last night I checked out Frank Johnson (jluck). He was revealed to me to be a tracker, alignment unknown. I believe he is aligned with the Ultimatio, for several reasons.

1) I highly doubt the town (mafia in this case, forgive me if I refer to them by traditional names for clarity) would have both a rolecop and a tracker on their side in a game of only 11 players. I know I'm town, so that leaves jluck as scum.

2) A tracker can act as essentially a soft rolecop, and would make sense for the scum to have. It's not uncommon either (two of the last three games have used a scum tracker - my own SHIELD vs. HYDRA and JJP's the Second Crash)

3) I'm not scum- a full on scum rolecop would be way OP for a game this size, as they also know alignments.

4) The scum killed KotZ last night. You know who was the only vote for him yesterday? jluck. Perchance, as they would know KotZ is a fairly experienced player, and the scum wanted to try and get him lynched on Day 1. When that didn't work, they killed him. Not a strong case, but something to consider none the less.

5) Why did I check out jluck, of all people? He is the only one I can PM, and if he turned up as an exclusively pro-town role (ie vigilante, cop, etc.) we could start to form a town block.

You may wonder why I am claiming so early. In a game with only 11 (10 now) time is of the essence. With the ludicrously high vote requirement our beloved host has set for us, we must make haste in catching the Ultimatios. Quite simply, if I wait, we could be too late.

I believe I have formulated a solid case against Frank, and have tried to address any potential concerns that may arise. I'm turning off my computer for the night, and I look forward to joining the discussion in the morning.

Now that I have revealed my role, if there is someone with some form of a protection action (jailkeeper, doctor, 1-shot doctor, etc.) I hope you will make the right decision in shielding me tonight so the town does not lose a powerful power role.

When that time comes, I know who I will be casting my vote for.

*drops mic*

I was right! I suspected jluck's ridiculous vote from the beginning! Although if I recall correctly, his vote was only to get discussion rolling. Nevertheless, I can't argue with your results.

Good attempt to build a block within your family, unfortunate that you didn't find another PR, but lynching an Ultimatio sounds just as good. What say you Frank Johnson?

Good morning. Now I understand what all those cryptic messages were about could have just told me if you planned on role claiming in-thread anyway. I know you feel really proud of yourself, but don't go too crazy with your "discovery" because it could likely lose the game for us.

Let's get things rolling, shall we?

I am a rolecop for the mafia and last night I checked out Frank Johnson (jluck). He was revealed to me to be a tracker, alignment unknown. I believe he is aligned with the Ultimatio, for several reasons.

Ya, I'm the tracker, what's funny is I tracked you last night and saw you targeted me. Therefore, I can affirm you do have a role, and role cop is certainly is likely (alignment unknown). The problem is, if you're the town role cop then you've just outed 2 town roles in one post.

1) I highly doubt the town (mafia in this case, forgive me if I refer to them by traditional names for clarity) would have both a rolecop and a tracker on their side in a game of only 11 players. I know I'm town, so that leaves jluck as scum.

This isn't a bad conclusion when you ask us all to start with your hypothesis.

2) A tracker can act as essentially a soft rolecop, and would make sense for the scum to have. It's not uncommon either (two of the last three games have used a scum tracker - my own SHIELD vs. HYDRA and JJP's the Second Crash)

3) I'm not scum- a full on scum rolecop would be way OP for a game this size, as they also know alignments.

You keep emphasizing your "not scummyness" which as all well and good. But I know my alignment, so something has to give. Either you've revealed 2 town power roles or you're doing a heck of a job trying to railroad me.

4) The scum killed KotZ last night. You know who was the only vote for him yesterday? jluck. Perchance, as they would know KotZ is a fairly experienced player, and the scum wanted to try and get him lynched on Day 1. When that didn't work, they killed him. Not a strong case, but something to consider none the less.

No, it's not a strong case. I laid out my vote clearly. It wasn't a joke vote as some folks keep insinuating. I voted for KotZ because I felt that scum may hide by host voting. When you PMed me I thought you were insinuating you thought I was the vig because KotZ was suspicious enough, I'd not be surprised if the vig offed him.

5) Why did I check out jluck, of all people? He is the only one I can PM, and if he turned up as an exclusively pro-town role (ie vigilante, cop, etc.) we could start to form a town block.

Fair, it's the same reason I tracked you.

You may wonder why I am claiming so early. In a game with only 11 (10 now) time is of the essence. With the ludicrously high vote requirement our beloved host has set for us, we must make haste in catching the Ultimatios. Quite simply, if I wait, we could be too late.

I believe I have formulated a solid case against Frank, and have tried to address any potential concerns that may arise. I'm turning off my computer for the night, and I look forward to joining the discussion in the morning.

Now that I have revealed my role, if there is someone with some form of a protection action (jailkeeper, doctor, 1-shot doctor, etc.) I hope you will make the right decision in shielding me tonight so the town does not lose a powerful power role.

When that time comes, I know who I will be casting my vote for.

*drops mic*

I love the plea for protection, that effectly ties up 3 roles tonight: The rolecop, the tracker, and the protector action.

He's built his entire case based on assuming he's town so thus I must be scum. The facts I have to go on are:

I'm the town tracker

I tracked him and he visited me last night

He now knows my role so rolecop makes sense

So there it is, at least we will have something to discuss today.

I was right! I suspected jluck's ridiculous vote from the beginning! Although if I recall correctly, his vote was only to get discussion rolling. Nevertheless, I can't argue with your results.

You're going to feel a bit goofy once my alignment is revealed... :shrug:

Aye Carumba! We need to find these asesinos faster then me running from my brother in law in Tijuana that one time I traded his chihuahua for a Jarrito.

How do we know we can trust Señor Johnson senior (mediumsnowman) about the other Señor Johnson (jluck)?

Takes some real juevos to reveal a role so soon when we all know so little. I suppose the only way we could discover the truth is if we lynched the younger Señor Johnson, however we risk killing an innocent. If that were to happen we would know absolutely Señor Johnson was one of the scum and subsequently could kill him. however if the younger Señor is in fact mafia and we lynch him then it's a win.

I'm not sure...

I was purely in favor of a no-lynch day one. However, a no-vote is a wasted vote, in my opinion. Voting for the host, even if futile, could have some interesting consequences as a result. I wish we'd lynched him. Would have been entertaining to see how that wound up.

Entertaining maybe, but still pretty pointless. At least with voting for a player you can divide the weak reasons for voting from the strong.

I have to admit for the host to put a tracker AND a rolecop on the same family so they could communicate in private does sound odd. I would expect the PR's to be distributed among the families.

How do we know we can trust Señor Johnson senior (mediumsnowman) about the other Señor Johnson (jluck)?

That's a point actually, Frank Johnson is looking really scummy at this point but we only have your word for it that you're the rolecop.

If I were scum, why would I put my life on the line to try and get jluck lynched? If I was lying, and he turned up town after we lynched him, everyone would go after me. Surely I would keep the tracker information to myself and just have my buddies kill him at night?

As it goes, I'm willing to put my life on the line to catch the Ultimatios, and thus I'm town.

Voting is now open!

With 10 players, you need a 2/3 Majority of 7 for a successful lynch.

Good luck.

First, thanks for the understanding on my need to attend to my uncle-in-law's funeral. He was a good man (who I did NOT kill, the pancreatic cancer did that) but more importantly, knew Jesus so now he's cancer free and better than he's ever been.

Ok, a bit of clarification please. Who contacted who first about night results in the Johnson family? It sounds like you both claimed your roles to each other in PM before either posted publicly. Is that correct?

As a rolecop Michael would know WHAT Frank is, but not that Frank was checking out Michael at the same time. On the other hand, Frank knew Michael was targetting him with SOME ability, but not what that was (other than not vig since he wasn't dead).

If Michael is telling the truth that he's town, then all of his statements make sense. But like Frank pointed out, it's all 100% based on believing that Michael IS town. It IS possible that you both are town. These things are typically assigned randomly, so it's possible to have that much "power" concentrated in one family. Could Michael be scum? I'm trying to think through if there's any way that works...

I'm not that concerned with the public claims. It's only day 2, but it's a small game so it's equivalent to day 4 or something in a bigger one. And with the 2/3 rule and small numbers, we don't have any room to mess up.

First, thanks for the understanding on my need to attend to my uncle-in-law's funeral. He was a good man (who I did NOT kill, the pancreatic cancer did that) but more importantly, knew Jesus so now he's cancer free and better than he's ever been.

Sorry for the loss, but it's good to hear he's home.

Ok, a bit of clarification please. Who contacted who first about night results in the Johnson family? It sounds like you both claimed your roles to each other in PM before either posted publicly. Is that correct?

Neither of us claimed to each other in pm, he messaged me asking/accusing me since I voted for KotZ and he'd died. At that point I'd already tracked him so I knew he targeted me. I thought he might have investigated me and thought I was the vig or that he was a scum role.

He then posted his in thread and I realized what his claim was. At this point, role cop of some allegiance makes sense because he was aware that I was the tracker and I can't figure out how else he's know that. I'm just not sure if he's a brave scum or were both getting duped.

As a rolecop Michael would know WHAT Frank is, but not that Frank was checking out Michael at the same time. On the other hand, Frank knew Michael was targetting him with SOME ability, but not what that was (other than not vig since he wasn't dead).

If Michael is telling the truth that he's town, then all of his statements make sense. But like Frank pointed out, it's all 100% based on believing that Michael IS town. It IS possible that you both are town. These things are typically assigned randomly, so it's possible to have that much "power" concentrated in one family. Could Michael be scum? I'm trying to think through if there's any way that works...

I'm not that concerned with the public claims. It's only day 2, but it's a small game so it's equivalent to day 4 or something in a bigger one. And with the 2/3 rule and small numbers, we don't have any room to mess up.

I don't think the host would assign abilities while worried that some families would get more or less. It that were the case, then if we learned one family had a power role, then we'd instantly know that the rest of the family didn't, which wouldn't be a fair game design.

Frank already answered this, but no, there was no claiming in PM.

I am town and I am telling the truth. As I said earlier, as I magically know what jluck's role is, you know I am at least a rolecop, and if I were scum and he was town I would have kept that information secret and killed him tonight. However, if I am town and he is scum (which I believe is the most likely explanation) everything makes sense.

Lynch Frank today, and if he flips town lynch me tomorrow.

I'm not worried though, I'm 99% sure he is the scum tracker. A good bit of my argument relies on him being scum because I'm town and the town wouldn't have both a tracker and a rolecop in such a small game.

My thoughts exactly.

Roles should have been assigned randomly, so it's very possible to have multiple PR's in one family. Hey, the Johnsons do!

Town having both a tracker and a rolecop sounds unlikely no matter how you say it.

Vote: Frank Johnson (jluck)

Roles should have been assigned randomly, so it's very possible to have multiple PR's in one family. Hey, the Johnsons do!

Exactly this. I put everyone in my little spreadsheet, assigned them numbers, and ran 'em through random.org. I'm not picking and choosing.

Exactly this. I put everyone in my little spreadsheet, assigned them numbers, and ran 'em through random.org. I'm not picking and choosing.

:thumbup: