Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia - Day 2

25326637855_c577fb671f_z.jpg

It was late at night, and Robert Thorn (Umbra-Manis) was sleeping soundly.

25716700875_55976cc909_c.jpg

He awoke to a suspicious noise from far across the carrier.

25621635881_9b53ef7fea_c.jpg

"Hmm. Looks like dark suspicious figures are up to something tonight!" He removed his helmet to reveal a glorious mane!

25086276894_ff7ccf5084_c.jpg

"Much better." Then he went back to sleep.

Elsewhere, Jeffrey Brown (Dragonfire) couldn't sleep and was wandering around the control room. "Wow! It really is a lot more peaceful here at night without anyone else around."

25086278744_e7f04b2704_c.jpg

He almost didn't notice the dark figure sneaking up behind him.

25716704285_3e52945322_c.jpg

But he did, and turned around just in time.

25690646986_4c80c02b72_c.jpg

The figure spoke. "Hi there Jeffrey! I've got some fruit for you. You know, all this sneaking around makes one really hungry."

25090083383_a196e04527_c.jpg

"Sweet! Thanks suspicious figure! I love fruit! Much better than anything Jafar can come up with. I can't stand curry." :hmpf_bad:

"Hey, that's racist."

And they both went their separate ways.

25090085643_76f09c3049_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Kinjobby O'Laughlin (Junior Shark) was taking his nightly stroll. "Aye, ah just loves me mah nightly stroll! Thos' fooles in der' just don't understand mah and mah mad pizza-making skills. Nah, they just don't."

25415960900_8347468853_c.jpg

A dark figure crept up behind him, this one with less benevolent purposes.

25595682482_5cd9c4b5f6_c.jpg

The dark figure brought a mace down on poor Kinjobby's head!

25595680722_c3ccf20638_c.jpg

The pizza maker was no more.

Morning dawned, and the group reconvened in the control room. They couldn't help but notice one of their own was missing.

25090084853_0f5fe32b42_c.jpg

Nick Fury spoke. "I regret to inform you we lost one of our own last night. Kinjobby O'Laughlin (Junior Shark) was Loyal to SHIELD. Please, end this killing and bring me a HYDRA agent today. I beg of you."

25090086683_2cab3ae6ca_c.jpg

"You have 72 hours."

Host (1)

24952547249_8224c045d8_t.jpg

Nick Fury, played by mediumsnowman

NPC’s (2)

25321594575_7301903a8c_t.jpg

Phil Coulson, NPC

24689608104_bc4e2d911f_t.jpg

Maria Hill, NPC

Players (15)

24952550799_1b3d7a175d_t.jpg

Daniel Bartell, played by mostlytechnic

25025971180_f69be60cb8_t.jpg

James Cunningham, played by Bob

25228473801_2fd040a784_t.jpg

Eugene Lawson, played by Forresto

24694819693_f703700082_t.jpg

Jafar Masrani, played by JackJonespaw

25293984906_5f975ec817_t.jpg

Hailey Coleman, played by Comrade Commander

24689613054_f2fef4905c_t.jpg

Todd Castillo, played by Tariq j

25228471161_a449d11d4c_t.jpg

Jasper Heinz, played by PirateDave84

25295554446_67089a1260_t.jpg

Cecilia Reed, played by Darkdragon

24693459473_a7b0eda908_t.jpg

Jeffrey Brown, played by Dragonfire

25320218295_52a5bae8a1_t.jpg

Walter Williams, played by jluck

24689610104_2808dd1a95_t.jpg

Robert Thorn, played by Umbra-Manis

25025980300_9a88dc114f_t.jpg

David Leffel, played by fhomess

24690961074_9c026db157_t.jpg

Steven Schram, played by Khscarymovie4

24694820423_f875b43e7c_t.jpg

Alyssa Turner, played by CallMePie

25025975350_58497085eb_t.jpg

Margaret Corrigan, played by Lady K

The Deceased (1)

24694824003_b184ceedc4_t.jpg

Kinjobby O’Laughlin, played by Junior Shark - Maced on Night 1 - Loyal to SHIELD

The Rules!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either SHIELD or HYDRA. To win the game, SHIELD must kill off all the HYDRA agents, while HYDRA needs to outnumber SHIELD. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must place a vote each day.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts, unless you are me. Your beloved host often makes typos and will be compelled to correct them.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. There probably aren't clues in the pictures or flavor text. Wildly speculate if you must. It's fun.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first and second offense, and the death of your character on your third offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Edited by mediumsnowman

Interesting there was only one kill in the night. It's a small game so I wouldn't expect three, but two perhaps.

So I think the question for today is if we have a blocker or doctor, try and figure out how to get the info out on who you targeted. I don't think it would be good to flat out announce it here or to anyone other than the cop if they investigated you and contact you. If you look at some past games though, you can find a way to maybe point us in the right direction.

RIP Kinjobby

Starting the day off with useful posts, I see. :hmpf:

Interesting there was only one kill in the night. It's a small game so I wouldn't expect three, but two perhaps.

So I think the question for today is if we have a blocker or doctor, try and figure out how to get the info out on who you targeted. I don't think it would be good to flat out announce it here or to anyone other than the cop if they investigated you and contact you. If you look at some past games though, you can find a way to maybe point us in the right direction.

A very interesting choice of kill. I'm going to speculate that the scum were blocked/target protected and the vig killed Kinjobby - it doesn't make sense for the scum to night-kill someone who was widely suspected and would have been a prime lynch candidate for today....

To echo Cecilia's comment, if you're a doctor, I'd suggest you get in contact with the person you protected last night, as chances are, you saved them from a kill. If you're a blocker, then it's a bit trickier, but whatever you do, don't come out in-thread and claim. This goes for all power roles.

Not sure I agree with you there Jeffrey - you're making some bold moves suggesting that a doc reveal themselves on the assumption that there was a blocked scum kill, when a more simple explanation is that the vig stayed home (as they should have) and the scum took out our pizza guy, hoping to starve us all.

Not sure I agree with you there Jeffrey - you're making some bold moves suggesting that a doc reveal themselves on the assumption that there was a blocked scum kill, when a more simple explanation is that the vig stayed home (as they should have) and the scum took out our pizza guy, hoping to starve us all.

You will not starve as long as I am here, I promise you that much. I do agree with this statement. There's a much larger chance that the vig stayed home than the chance that the scum were blocked. Not impossible odds, but a very unlikely ratio, I do think.

My question is, and I mean no offense, but why was Mr. Schram not voted out on the yesterday? Did we simply run out of time to vote for him?

I think you're misinterpreting what I said. I suggested that the doctor should get in contact with the person they protected, not necessarily claim to them yet. And why would the scum kill Kinjobby? Surely a far better plan would have been to kill someone who wasn't suspected and then push Kinjobby's lynch today?

You will not starve as long as I am here, I promise you that much. I do agree with this statement. There's a much larger chance that the vig stayed home than the chance that the scum were blocked. Not impossible odds, but a very unlikely ratio, I do think.

My question is, and I mean no offense, but why was Mr. Schram not voted out on the yesterday? Did we simply run out of time to vote for him?

That's partially my fault, I'm afraid :blush: I switched votes to Kinjobby late in the day, not seeing that we didn't have much time left. When I logged in again the day had ended. Had I kept my vote on Steven, he'd have been lynched.

There were also seven others who didn't vote for Schram, some of whom were online at the end of the day and could have hammered him... :look:

There were actually 8 votes on him but then someone else unvoted.

I think you're misinterpreting what I said. I suggested that the doctor should get in contact with the person they protected, not necessarily claim to them yet. And why would the scum kill Kinjobby? Surely a far better plan would have been to kill someone who wasn't suspected and then push Kinjobby's lynch today?

Well to be fair, only 3 people actually suspected him. So its not like he was the nose popular lynch.

There were actually 8 votes on him but then someone else unvoted.

Yeah, that was me :blush:

Well to be fair, only 3 people actually suspected him. So its not like he was the nose popular lynch.

I'd say quite a few more than 3 suspected him - only 3 voted for him in the end. Plus he was a newer player - I can't see why the scum would have seen him as a threat.

Ok.... it sounded to me like you meant for the doc to talk to the person they protected and essentially claim to them, since they'd presumably be town (going by your assumption that the scum were prevented) but since we don't know that they were, plus even if they were prevented, it could have been due to the blocker and not the doc, it's too too too risky to claim to the protectee. However, the identity of the protectee is definitely info that could be useful down the road, once there's a town block and someone to give info to.

But no, I have no idea why the scum would have taken out poor Kinjobby. Wouldn't have been my first choice as them, that's for sure. Perhaps he was a victim of a serial killer and the scum were indeed prevented?

I'd say quite a few more than 3 suspected him - only 3 voted for him in the end. Plus he was a newer player - I can't see why the scum would have seen him as a threat.

Maybe they're just picking off numbers, or they didn't investigate anyone important last night so they just randomly killed.

What? I never get offered pineapples by mysterious strangers in the middle of the night :hmpf_bad: harrumph

Awooooooo!

To echo Cecilia's comment, if you're a doctor, I'd suggest you get in contact with the person you protected last night, as chances are, you saved them from a kill. If you're a blocker, then it's a bit trickier, but whatever you do, don't come out in-thread and claim. This goes for all power roles.

That's a terrible idea. Worst I ever heard. What if they protected a scummy last night? What do you expect the doctor to say?

"Oh, hey, I didn't protect you last night or anything, but let's have a chat."

Especially after you just announced in thread that doing so is a sound and logical idea. It'd be mighty suspicious, you know. Hey, protector, don't do this. It's a really bad idea. Keep it to yourself until the investigator starts setting up a block.

Maybe they're just picking off numbers, or they didn't investigate anyone important last night so they just randomly killed.

What they investigated (assuming the scum have some rolecop or something) has no bearing on who they killed, since they would have to pick a kill target before knowing any investigative results.

That's a terrible idea. Worst I ever heard. What if they protected a scummy last night? What do you expect the doctor to say?

"Oh, hey, I didn't protect you last night or anything, but let's have a chat."

Well, some players around here love to start PMs with almost everyone... so it would be POSSIBLE to start chatting with someone just to have a contact going before telling them anything, but generally, unless you chat a ton in PM in games, the doc should not be contacting their protectee yet.

Ok.... it sounded to me like you meant for the doc to talk to the person they protected and essentially claim to them, since they'd presumably be town (going by your assumption that the scum were prevented) but since we don't know that they were, plus even if they were prevented, it could have been due to the blocker and not the doc, it's too too too risky to claim to the protectee. However, the identity of the protectee is definitely info that could be useful down the road, once there's a town block and someone to give info to.

No, what I'm saying is that the doctor should just generally get in contact with their protectee at some point soon, so that they can start talking, and maybe claim at some later point in the game.

What? I never get offered pineapples by mysterious strangers in the middle of the night :hmpf_bad: harrumph

Was it you who gave me the pineapple?

Was it you who gave me the pineapple?

I'm afraid not. Looks like you have a food based guardian angel looking over you though.

No, what I'm saying is that the doctor should just generally get in contact with their protectee at some point soon, so that they can start talking, and maybe claim at some later point in the game.

(snip)

Ya, no. The simplest explanation is the best explanation. The scum killed last night. Under that premise the doctor shouldn't make contact, but rather monitor the situation. If the scum didn't kill there's always the possibility that game mechanics prevented them and instead we have an SK. So the doctor (if we have one) should be very cautious.

I agree with Walter, and we definitely have to think of all the possibilities... If there's an SK it's just as likely that they were prevented from killing their target as the scum were prevented from killing theirs. We also don't know whether or not the blocker or the doctor was successful in preventing a kill. Just because Kinjobby seems like a more likely SK target than Scum target, doesn't make it so. We can't be too careful this early.

Do you mean SK as in serial killer? There's a serial killer now?! :look:

It's always a possibly to be considered, it's too early to say with any certainty.

Looking back, I can see what you mean. I'm guessing it could have been the vig or SK.

Do you mean SK as in serial killer? There's a serial killer now?! :look:

It's a possibility as the rules do state their is a third party character. However third party doesn't automatically mean it must be an SK, could be a survivor, lyncher etc.

Gah so theres at least one mobster (are we all guessing more then that?) and potentially a third party that is going around attempting to kill us. I hope the SK if that who is they indeed are can kill mafia and vice versa.

To quote the latest Godzilla movie "I say, let them fight!"

It's a possibility as the rules do state their is a third party character. However third party doesn't automatically mean it must be an SK, could be a survivor, lyncher etc.

I would say that our best bet, if indeed there is a SK, is to largely put him out of mind for now. If his condition is standard, i.e. win with either side, then he should definitely be on our side right now, as we vastly outnumber the scum, and there is a miniscule chance he is in contact with a scum, and that he knows it. I am not sure how my next statement will be taken, but it honestly, as for all we know right now, looks as though there is not a SK right now. Generally around the second day we always have this conversation about "oh, bother, I do wonder whether there is a serial killer or not!". Let us cease it now and focus on looking at who was and is pulsing with a scum-like energy, and assume the serial killer is not relevant now. After all, he cannot do anything more during the day than the rest of us.

Gah so theres at least one mobster (are we all guessing more then that?) and potentially a third party that is going around attempting to kill us. I hope the SK if that who is they indeed are can kill mafia and vice versa.

To quote the latest Godzilla movie "I say, let them fight!"

It all depends on the win conditions. If it is an SK then usually they can kill either side, so while 'letting them fight' seems great it's not really going to happen unless the SK were to side with town. I agree that we have to keep all options on the table. The kill last night could have been vig, scum, or SK.