Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Quest 47, it's the third of September, so the sign-ups will close in the afternoon to get any last minute sign-ups. You three will be chosen, the quest should be up this evening. I just need time to upload the pictures and finish any stats. Get shopping! :wink::grin:

"Tonight? Good. I just got my pension from serving in the military!" He reads it "I've been demoted to sergeant! Those bastards! I don't have a pension now. From now on you can call me sarge! But think of the opportunities? I hope you brought your wallet, 'Cos the rent in hell is payed in advance! You just got Sarge'd! Today is a good day for you to die! Calling Dr Sarge M.D? Diagnosis? Death! Prescription? Crossbow! I hope you like apples, and by apples, I mean BOLTS IN YOUR FACE! How about a tasty lead sandwich with a taste of Sarge? Hold the life...... and the mayo.

So yeah, I am sarge now."

Edited by Skyrimguy

"Tonight? Good. I just got my pension from serving in the military!" He reads it "I've been demoted to sergeant! Those bastards! I don't have a pension now. From now on you can call me sarge! But think of the opportunities? I hope you brought your wallet, 'Cos the rent in hell is payed in advance! You just got Sarge'd! Today is a good day for you to die! Calling Dr Sarge M.D? Diagnosis? Death! Prescription? Crossbow! I hope you like apples, and by apples, I mean BOLTS IN YOUR FACE! How about a tasty lead sandwich with a taste of Sarge? Hold the life...... and the mayo.

So yeah, I am sarge now."

"...Tell me, you green hero, what have you been smoking?

It's almost inevitable we'll be questing together, so please try to keep a leash on your own mouth."

Listening to the latest outburst of Heroica's newest hero, I sigh and hope that Thormanil returns soon, so that I can get back out on a quest. These new and overconfident heroes seem to think that they need to make themselves appear... 'badass', as Atramor would put it.

Looking around, I see many other heroes, but they seem content to merely sit around, failing to progress beyond the lower Levels and relying on Heroica to supply their basic needs. Do none of these heroes aspire to at least venture into the Fields of Glory? They could accompany me, hiding behind my great shield, while I would lead them against enemies against which I would be nigh invincible...

Chosen heroes:

Sorrow (played by Endgame) *Party Leader*

Nagure (played by Costy)

"Sarge" Jon (played by Skyrimguy)

Be patient! No more than an hour more! I promise. :blush:

Listening to the latest outburst of Heroica's newest hero, I sigh and hope that Thormanil returns soon, so that I can get back out on a quest. These new and overconfident heroes seem to think that they need to make themselves appear... 'badass', as Atramor would put it.

Looking around, I see many other heroes, but they seem content to merely sit around, failing to progress beyond the lower Levels and relying on Heroica to supply their basic needs. Do none of these heroes aspire to at least venture into the Fields of Glory? They could accompany me, hiding behind my great shield, while I would lead them against enemies against which I would be nigh invincible...

If you've got a problem with that why don't you come over here and sort it out? Or are you to chicken?

Dyric Rone walk back into the hall after a long walk, thinking about Eubric. Chaos was on it's doorstep- and not just the loathed Dark Lady Wren. Many dangers lurked the ever-changing city, and someone had to protect it. Once the heirs to the Shadeux and Hinckwells took the throne, things would be better- or so he hoped. He just had to help keep the peace until then.

He sat at a table, tired.

Edited by The Legonater

Seeing Dyric sitting by himself, and having nothing to do, I approach him.

"Master Rone, would you be interested in joining me for a short trip to the Fields of Glory?"

Also realizing that I've not sold many of my consumables, I revise the list:

Selling:

heroica-deadlyvenom.jpg

Deadly Venom
-
Use on a weapon to make it cause the Badly Poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A Badly Poisoned enemy loses 10 Health each turn.
35 Gold
(you save 15 Gold compared to Portia's price)

heroica-grandtonic.jpg

Grand Tonic
-
Restores 15 Ether to the target.
20 Gold
(you save 10 Gold compared to Portia's price)

heroica-soma.jpg

Soma
-
Causes the Blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover 3 Health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle.
30 Gold
(you save 15 Gold compared to Portia's price)

7040207327_82cfb4a229_s.jpg

White Marksman's Hat
(suitable for anyone, there is a â…™ chance wearer's strikes will instantly kill a Flying monster, headwear)
Offer

7040207209_8d3c35d989_m.jpg

Lover's Locket
(suitable for anyone, protects from the
Enamored
effect)
30 Gold
(you save 10 Gold compared to Fabian's price for a comparable artifact)

poisonedquiver.jpg

Quiver of Poisoning
(suitable for Rangers, permanent
Poisoned
effect to all attacks, backwear)
Offer

~The sign-up closure time for Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory has been postponed to Sunday the 16th of September.~

Seeing Dyric sitting by himself, and having nothing to do, I approach him.

"Master Rone, would you be interested in joining me for a short trip to the Fields of Glory?"

I shrug. I don't see why not. There's nothing better to do.

I sign up for the Fields of Glory

I shrug. I don't see why not. There's nothing better to do.

"Excellent"

I sign myself and Dyric up for the Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory, with myself as Party Leader.

"While we wait, would you be interested in any of these items I'm selling? Perhaps some Deadly Venom is appropriate for a Rogue such as yourself?"

Current sign-ups for Unlimited Quest: Fields of Glory:

~ Dyric Rone (The Legonater) & Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)

(A minimum of three players is required for the party to be able to enter the fields.)

Alexandre walks into the hall. "I hear somebody needs an extra person for the fields? If you need a healer who can deal some hits, I'm open." Alexandre, if approved, signs up with Docken and Dyric.:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Sir Alexandre, if you join our party, then we'll have two heroes with high Defense, and the Voice in the Sky will have even more reason to throw in enemies with high Levels and armor-piercing attacks."

"Sir Alexandre, if you join our party, then we'll have two heroes with high Defense, and the Voice in the Sky will have even more reason to throw in enemies with high Levels and armor-piercing attacks."

"Hmm... true. But I just don't have SP. My armor cuts free hits in half. And I penetrate defense as well. It's your call."

And don't say Sandy won't have reason to throw in SP piercing enemies anyways. :poke:

Xander heads into the hall dejectedly. Walking over to the message board, he signs up for the Unlimited Quest, hoping a quick turnaround from the failed quest would clear his mind. He silently heads to the table where there are several heroes gathering, giving a slight nod of knowing to Docken.

"Hmm... true. But I just don't have SP. My armor cuts free hits in half. And I penetrate defense as well. It's your call."

"Farmer Donauld promised to "put me through hell" the next time I quest for him with this:"

I hold up my shield.

"You'd would be a powerful ally, of that there is no doubt, but I don't want to give him any more excuses for send us against enemies that circumvent high Defense."

And don't say Sandy won't have reason to throw in SP piercing enemies anyways. :poke:

OoC: I can always try my best and hope. :cry_sad:

Althior walks back into the hall, after his failed quest. A huge gash is left in his shoulder as he signs up for the Unlimited Quest. He then sits next to the only heroes left in the hall. "Damn that sick man Dinli," He spits as he turns to see Docken. "Docken! It's been a while!" He pats the Ranger on the back. "How've you been? I see you're going into the fields, need a healer? I'd be more than happy to quest with you."

Althior walks back into the hall, after his failed quest. A huge gash is left in his shoulder as he signs up for the Unlimited Quest. He then sits next to the only heroes left in the hall. "Damn that sick man Dinli," He spits as he turns to see Docken. "Docken! It's been a while!" He pats the Ranger on the back. "How've you been? I see you're going into the fields, need a healer? I'd be more than happy to quest with you."

"Good to see you Master Emorith. I'm sure you're listening, Master Finnegan; it's good to see you as well. I've just been waiting here in the Hall for Master Nihai to return, but I figure I can kill some time in the Field of Glory..."

I pause for a moment, looking Althior over and judging his Level and Defense.

"...and I'd be happy to have you quest with me."

OoC: We can sign up for the Unlimited Quest as parties, right, Sandy? Right now we've got myself as Party Leader, Xander (posades), Dyric (Legonater), and Althior (K-nut).

One of the doors to the Heroica Hall opened and a familiar pale faced cleric stepped in followed by another sad figure. Ratabor Mossycloak knocked his staff into the floor to get the attention of the present heroes:

7980320196_1a4e6990ee.jpg

"Does anyone recognize this fellow here? I found him rambling around down at the docks looking very disoriented and mumbling about badgers. He said something about being a cleric in Heroica too so I brought him here, even if he doesn't seem to be quite clear in his head yet. Maybe he will come back to his senses if he gets to be in a familiar place for a while."

The man in the dirty robes took some steps forward and looked around in the Hall. It did seem like he had been here before because he soon made his way up to the bar for a drink.

A lone figure enters the Hall. His black cloak is tucked around him, like chaos in the night. His face is unmistakably elvish, but cold and drawn. He looks upon the Hall, and mutter's "It will do.....for now." He signs his name under all of the Quests.

img_1385.jpg

Czech Varsev, 41 year-old elvish Ranger

Health: 7/7

Gold: 10

Equipment: Eloquence: (W.P.3), Smoke Bomb, Potion

OoC: RPGer, please post your hero statistics to the appropriate topic.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#48 by Endgame)!~

The doors of Heroica Hall are pushed open, and a muddy pig enters with a note on her mouth. She nudges one of the heroes loitering in the hall to post it up for her.

Chosen players as the third party to brave the Fields of Glory:

~
Althior Emorith
, Level 20 Sage (K-Nut)

~
Bartholomew Docken
, Level 23 Warden (Brickdoctor) *Party Leader*

~
Dyric Rone
, Level 14 Rogue (Legonater)

~
Xander Unth'or
, Level 16½ Hunter (posades)

I glance at the parchment the pig had brought in.

"Excellent. Master Unthor, Master Emorith, Master Rone - anyone have any last-minute preparations to make before we head for the Fields?"

Those in Eubric this morning would've been treated to a very peculiar site. A small yellow critter runs and zig zags through town, huffing and puffing all the way. In hot pursuit a giant, 1 story tall tail trails behind him, jabbing at the yellow fellow haphazardly. Every single time his tail collides with the ground, a pillar of ice spikes up.

Q4rD3.png

qi64g.png

"Eeeeee*wheeze wheeze*eeeeeek!"

The nimble little creature deftly dodges, just barely avoiding every strike. In terror, whining and wheezing, he reaches Heroica Hall and dashes inside. A few heroes come outside to see the spectacle. The little yellow fellow pastes a quest notice on the quest board (proclaiming Luosh's Progg problem) and retreats underneath a table. Outside, the giant tail retracts back into the earth. The heroes outside can hear a voice, low and guttural, emanating from underneath their feet. The dirt muffles it slightly, but the words are clear.

u4RZo.png

"Nnnnrrrggh. Meddling brat, always in my way. Oh well, It can't do too much damage to have a few heroes come into our territory. After all, the troops always enjoy a nice snack.

Either way, heroes, I have bigger matters to attend to then hang around here and attract the attention of your veterans. Thus, I bid you... Adieu."

With that, the subterranean creature heads back in the direction he had came.