ISDAvenger

Class II Imperial Star Destroyer "Avenger"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Class II Imperial Star Destroyer "Avenger"

After over a year of planning and building, the Kuat Drive Yards is unveiling the Class II Imperial Star Destroyer “Avenger”. I spent a lot of time researching books and pictures with the intent to accurately build one of the most iconic starships in the Star Wars Universe. My main goal was to build a movie cannon Star Destroyer, with the addition of a detailed mini-figure interior. All of the work is from my own creation/design, but there were some small areas that I used from other Lego models. My main inspiration came from seeing a builder take the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer and put an interior in it, I wanted to take that and do it on a much bigger and better scale. I also have to give credit to Erik Varszegi, Anio, Brickplumber, Cavegod, Rook and other builders whose large builds also inspired me to build the Avenger. Also a lot of credit goes to my wife for supporting me through the build. Thanks goes out to the members of the Greater Florida Lego Users Group (GFLUG) who let me show the Avenger for all four days of Star Wars Celebration VI. The Avenger was well received and was given a lot of awesome feedback from the attending fans. It was even given two thumbs up by Erik Varszegi, who was quite impressed with the Avenger. So without further adieu, I present the Class II Imperial Star Destroyer “Avenger” and please leave me any constructive criticism.

Specifications: Length: 58 ½ inches (just under 5 feet); Width: 37 inches; Height: 23 inches (Note: No metal support was used, only Lego)

Crew: 11 Officers; 4 TIE Pilots; 44 Stormtroopers; 12 Scouttroopers

Supreme Commander: Lord Darth Vader

Commanding Officer: Admiral Petr Jodl

Executive Officer: Captain Rolf Kyphur

7902947664_eaeeaf03b8.jpg

ISD Avenger (right side) by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902945394_3f9cb1f682.jpg

094 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902942718_32b9356357.jpg

090 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902941784_dc0e0f98f0.jpg

089 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902931960_f1b9f9704a.jpg

ISD Avenger (top view) by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902929818_8462021cbf.jpg

ISD Avenger sublight and hyperdrive engines. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902936652_c1c908f26b.jpg

Main and Secondary Launch Bays by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902937822_31379d5584.jpg

Main Launch Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902936020_2994121b14.jpg

TIE Figthers on Patrol by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902932710_176ccbec77.jpg

069 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902931414_0f360af20a.jpg

067 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902926558_71b1e12549.jpg

057 by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

7902919080_cf78d09c1e.jpg

Shot with the modular superstructure in place. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Top View of the Main Hanger Bay

7902925172_4e765abc6e.jpg

Top view of the main Hanger Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Command and Control Operations Center

7902922580_b7f2809970.jpg

Command and Control Room by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Darth Vader Chamber and Communication Pad on the left, Command and Staff Meeting Bay on the right

7902920768_3e4ebef462.jpg

Darth Vader chamber and communication pad by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Officer Quarters on the left; Admiral Jodl Office and Quarters on the right; Turbo Shaft in the Middle

7902920358_c44c1e9f2e.jpg

Officer quarters on the left, turbo shaft in the middle and Admirals quarters on the right. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Detention Bay

7902916412_3971009161.jpg

Detention Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Captured Rebel Pilot

7902915838_3e680eccb3.jpg

Captured Rebel pilot by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Engine Bay

7902916918_84ab213683.jpg

Engine Bay, the propulsion tubes acutally run out into the sublight engines. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Sick Bay

7902913826_6182becab0.jpg

Sick Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Bacta Tanks with Patient

7902904794_60a5110c74.jpg

Bacta Tanks w/ patient by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Trooper Mission/Class Briefing Bay

7902912730_4afe7b26c1.jpg

Misson/Class Briefing Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Armament Bay

7902912234_56cde386f8.jpg

Weapons Room, those are rebreathers on the top rack on the right. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Speeder Bike Bay

7902911132_97be688bd9.jpg

Speeder Bike Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Hanger Bay with TIE Fighters in their Launch Racks

7902910514_4128bfe977.jpg

Hanger Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Hanger Bay

7902915310_46c3f96ede.jpg

Hanger Bay, with a TIE Advanced and Figther in the Ready Rack. by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Trooper Sleeping Bay

7902913262_609514fe71.jpg

Trooper Sleeping Bay by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

TIE Pilot Quarters and Ready Room

7902909374_c54d5f249a.jpg

TIE Pilot Quarters and Briefing Room by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Droid Charge Station and Maintenance Bay

7902908480_06fdcf480d.jpg

Droid Charge Station, Oil Bath, and Maintenance Room by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Command Bridge Walkway (Darth Vader and Admiral Jodl)

7902907422_48d4e41f4c.jpg

Lord Vader and Admiral Jodl on the Command Walkway by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Main Corridors

7902914738_d58136d0cc.jpg

Main corridors by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

3rd Modular Floor Observation Room (Fits inside the upper superstructure)

7902923290_a005342ed8.jpg

Turbo shaft in the middle of the forground by SDIronClaw, on Flickr

Someone help me find my jaw... I think it's fallen on the floor somewhere.

This is just... well... incredible. Well done that man. Er. Have a peach. On the house.

One word: Ooooooooo *oh2* *oh2*

You have made a fantastic work, this is incredible, I love it :wub: :wub:

WOW! :wub_drool: I was totally impressed with the shaping and amount of detail on this model THEN you showed that it has an equally detailed and amazing interior! Stunning work! :vader:

Wow.

This is AMAZING!!!

This is the ultimate in Lego Star Wars sets. I would definitely buy this if lego sold it. :classic:

Brilliant job! :thumbup:

Ultimate is an understatement, this is phenomenal.

AT first I was Lke WHAT!!! :oh3: then at the end I think I flipped my desk :sarcasm: saying why can't we all have this :wall: :wall: :wall: They need to make a shirt with these pictures saying this is what awesome looks like!! (sorry Grumpy Sparrows but this is more awesome)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol they changed it to grumpy sparrows instead of AB

Edited by idunno101

If my maths is any good it's nearly 5 feet long! Do you have any idea of the weight and the number of parts used?

Congratulations on a superb job, this must have taken serious dedication to complete :thumbup::classic:

AT first I was Lke WHAT!!! :oh3: then at the end I think I flipped my desk :sarcasm: saying why can't we all have this :wall: :wall: :wall: They need to make a shirt with these pictures saying this is what awesome looks like!! (sorry Grumpy Sparrows but this is more awesome)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol they changed it to grumpy sparrows instead of AB

Is it possible to have an approximate translation of the above? :look:

It doesn't make a great deal of sense to those of us who are in the UK, and in their mid-thirties!

At first glance i thought i was looking at a UCS model of an Imperial Star Destroyer, but scrolling further down i discovered it opens up to reveal a detailed play set interior. That really made my jaw drop to the floor, i certainly wasn't expecting that! Even though the model is a bit on the thick side at some places to fit the interior, i think both the UCS exterior and the play set interior have been made extremely well. There are so many beautiful details that i can't even begin to say what my favorites are! My compliments on a job well done! :thumbup:

I'm in love....

Would you sell me this?

For the right price, sure.

If my maths is any good it's nearly 5 feet long! Do you have any idea of the weight and the number of parts used?

Congratulations on a superb job, this must have taken serious dedication to complete :thumbup::classic:

Yes, its just under 5 feet long. I do not have a weight, parts, or cost esitmate right now. If I could get a good weight estimate, I could estimate the rest.

At first glance i thought i was looking at a UCS model of an Imperial Star Destroyer, but scrolling further down i discovered it opens up to reveal a detailed play set interior. That really made my jaw drop to the floor, i certainly wasn't expecting that! Even though the model is a bit on the thick side at some places to fit the interior, i think both the UCS exterior and the play set interior have been made extremely well. There are so many beautiful details that i can't even begin to say what my favorites are! My compliments on a job well done! :thumbup:

This has about 2 feet on the UCS ISD and is a lot more detailed. You are right I had to make it a little thick for the mini-figures, but that is only on the sides of the main body, the rest of it is pretty close to being proportional. Sometimes you just have to give and take.

Thanks for the comments and constructive criticism guys and gals, I really appreciate it. It was a time consuming, but well worth it build.

Bloody Hell !!!!!

I thought it was absolutely fantastic, then I saw it had an interior :wub:. They way you fit in the features like the bridge, or TIE Hanger bay is unbelievable.

Bloody Hell !!!!!

I thought it was absolutely fantastic, then I saw it had an interior :wub:. They way you fit in the features like the bridge, or TIE Hanger bay is unbelievable.

Yep - plus 1 here! You had me at the exterior! Well done sir, well done.

A massive effort indeed, well done. Are there any planes to light up the interior?

The inside is huge, but I feel could benefit with a little dressing up, like perhaps some tiling in main walkways just to break up all those studs, but really that is just a tiny criticism, it really is hard to find fault in such a great build. The use of the smaller ties work well as it makes the scale one what more achievable.

Impressive, most impressive. :vader:

A massive effort indeed, well done. Are there any planes to light up the interior?

The inside is huge, but I feel could benefit with a little dressing up, like perhaps some tiling in main walkways just to break up all those studs, but really that is just a tiny criticism, it really is hard to find fault in such a great build. The use of the smaller ties work well as it makes the scale one what more achievable.

Impressive, most impressive. :vader:

Yes, I would like to light the interior and exterior, espcially the way the support beams are run. I think it would really set it off. I originally wanted to SNOT the whole model, but figured the cost would astronomical. Although tiling the inside might be possible.

Thanks for all the comments!

This is absolutely magnificent... it would have been a tops model of a SD, but going halfway down through the pictures and getting hit with the first overall interior shot was mind blowing.

My favorite detail (if you can call something that would be an entire playset by itself a DETAIL) are the TIE fighters with the working launch rack leading to the docking bay entrance(or whatever the actual name of it is, you know what I mean)!!

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!