Hello,

I want to present finished model of Scania truck series P 340.

As manufacturer said:

"Scania P-series trucks offer a lightweight, manoeuvrable and fuel-efficient range of configurations"

The real Truck:

scaniapseries10122048x1.jpg07659003tcm9182569.jpg

The P series is recognizable by very low and short cabin with flat roof, mainly to reduce weight, and to be able to tow a trailer with, lets say, load of which sections has to go over the trucks cabin.

This version of mine is sleeper type, which means, it has bed behind the seats.

The Lego Model:

Scale is 1/13

It has two XLs for drive, 1 M for steer and is covered with tiles to achieve smooth look.

It has tiltable cab and openable doors, and detailed interior.

It is powered bu one new rechargeable Lego battery box, which is located opposite of the fuel tank.

Driveshaft is very strong and detailed, it has to be so it can take the two XLs torque.

It has metallic silver wheels, with 24x43 tires, lots of curved parts

This project was part of some bigger one, which was never finished, due to extremely cost of needed parts, so I opted for a tractor truck,

Length: 65cm

Height: 21.6cm

Width: 19.2

Weight: 4 kg

scania.jpgscania2w.jpg

scania3o.jpgscania5.jpg

scania7.jpgscania4s.jpg

Please comment :classic:

Edited by Milan

Now that is beautiful! Great work.

Two points strike me though. Firstly, those wheel arches over the back wheels - while they look fantastic - appear to be absent in your reference pic. And secondly, the staggered plates on the tops of the doors detract a little from an otherwise extremely smooth look - have you considered using 61678 curved slopes there instead?

But those are obviously very minor points on an outstanding overall build. That you included motorized functions in such a visually stunning model makes it even more impressive. Do you have pics of the interior and of the tilting cab? I'd love to see more.

I think thoe two minor details are worth noting but still, this looks great, so similar to your base picture. I personally think the tire fenders look good and even if the origianl doesnt shopw them, it's MOC, you can make it how ever you want.

If the sloped piece is available to you, it would help out the look of the doors, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

A superb job overall, the drivetrain really looks good too, that shaft looks complicated, I'd love to see pics of the underneith.

Look great! I'd like to have a closer look at that u-joint (cardan) - I'm curious to see how you built it.

And of course there's the tiny matter of the PF functions :D

Really nice, I really like big PF things like this. :D

Would it be possible to get some more pictures of the interior, or a better one?

Very nice. I like the large scale of this truck, and how you have managed to get a studless look despite the size. That custom u-joint also looks especially interesting.

Is this based on the same chassis as your crane? I remember you posted some in-progress shots of the crane a while ago, which looked similar.

Nice truck Milan. I don't build to this large scale, but this is one of the things I do like to see. I love how you've captured the shapes of the cab. The only thing that I can see that you perhaps could do differently, although it may be because of the pictures, is making it a bit taller. It seems taller ion the reference picture.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

SpaceMonkey:

Thanks!

Those wheel arches are seen on almost every tractor-truck, so I wanted to have them.

Those picture I have provided is naked chassis for the factory, then bunch of accessories are put on it, depending on the need.

I think it looks more slick with arches, otherwise it look unfinished and bare.

I tried many solutions about that angle on the doors, and this with 2x1 tiles appealed the best to me...maybe. Problem is that angle spreads the whole length of the door, not just on one part.

Big Cam:

Thanks!

Unfortunate I have destroyed the truck few days ago, parts were needed for next MOC.

For the driveshaft, please scroll down.

Jetro:

Thanks!

For the driveshaft and pictures of the motors in chassis, please scroll down.

Stevex:

Thanks!

I like PFs, too! :thumbup:

All that is left from the interior is this:

seatd.th.jpg

CP5670:

Thanks!

Yeah, the truck was meant to be crane carrier, but I was unable to finish it, didnt have the money...I tried to loose some of the sections on it, to shorthen the crane to 3 axles, but again it was to expensive :thumbdown:

Here is the chassis how it was supposed to look like in the start:

cchas8pd4.th.jpg

cchas6pm2.th.jpg

Here are the pictures of the U-Joint and driveshaft:

10112009custom.jpg

10112009001custom.jpg

Main goal while making the driveshaft was handling the torque, which Lego ujoint just isn't capable of.

This custom one is perfect for big scale models, looks good, and has one feature which I didn't think about at first: it is a little bit elastic,

which means when 4 kilos truck start rolling, or suddenly stops, U-Joint will grab some of the pressure on itself, instead of the gears!

I like that.

At the end, here is the video of the driveshaft in action, propelling the tractor:

Ralph_S

Thanks!

Glad you like it!

I know, it looks a little bit low to me, too.

But I have checked it 3 times, compared blueprints to my model, and it is perfectly scaled 13 times. It looks like it is just an optical illusion :wink:

Edited by Milan

Thanks for the pics. Love the U-Joint!! (off to BL to get a couple of those whadayyoucallthem pieces :laugh: )

Another Great MOC Milan!

It is very nicely built! And Sleek! :wub:

As allways you capture all your MOCs very well. :thumbup:

Great job!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

After seeing this I know I'm definitely going to consult you when I begin my PF project soon (very soon!)

What a great job! It can drive and it looks good! What a great job! :thumbup: