NEW from Llwyngwril Systems: an innovative high speed solution to all of your rough terrain personal transport problems!

27428562142_98f964664d_c.jpgBug Runner by David Roberts, on Flickr

27250697100_f803307843_c.jpgBug Runner Film by David Roberts, on Flickr

I hope that this little MOC contains enough Technic and isn't too silly for this forum.

On a vaguely serious engineering note; I'd be very interested in any suggestions that experienced Technic builders might have for replacing the cams that I've used. They're 1x2 45deg slope bricks. After long-term use, they detach from the Technic connectors with studs that attach them to the big gear. I'd like to build a motorised model using this technique but the current cams won't sustain it. Any ideas please?

Edited by davidroberts01341

This looks interesting, do you have a video? You could use inverted slope bricks, attaching them directly to the gear and lowering the assembly by half a stud?

Edited by Zblj

You could use inverted slope bricks, attaching them directly to the gear and lowering the assembly by half a stud?

Oh yes! Such an obvious solution. I build quite a lot in LDD, when I'm away from my bricks in the winter. As the inverted 1x2 slope has a solid stud (along with the hollow one) on top, LDD won't let you attach it to the pins holes in the gear and my brain has become wired that way too. I tried your suggestion in real bricks and it's a rock-solid connection: thank you!

I like it! I love whimsy, and this is very whimsical.

Andy D

I like it! I love whimsy, and this is very whimsical.

Andy D

Thank you! I love whimsy and curiosities too. I suppose that I might eventually build a Technic supercar but I'll probably get distracted on the way...

Haha this is fantastic, I love it. Good photography, too.

Thank you. Building and publishing LEGO models has forced me to improve my photography skills and my understanding of how cameras work. It's been a great benefit for my job too, so messing around with LEGO has had some good outcomes in the real world too!

Love this and any combination of Technic and sci-fi is always welcome! :thumbup::classic: