Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Conclusion

Fiona and Penelope seized Ignatius, and took him out of the foyer to execute.

5482139965_3d91646b36_z.jpg

The crowd crossed their fingers and held their breath. Soon, footsteps could be heard from behind the foyer door. The guests eagerly awaited the news on the most recent lynchee.

5482741840_ff5ab0c5a5_z.jpg

However, it wasn't the two servants that came through that door. Instead stood Ignatius Conan, who dropped the decapitated heads of Fiona and Penelope on the floor. He was holding a sword.

The crowd gasped, and everyone fled.

Unfortunately, the Duke of southeast England, William Fairfax, was not quick enough, and the sword killer went after him first. As he stabbed William through the torso, Charles Synclair sprinted away.

5482152771_0e359a6199_z.jpg

Ignatius withdrew his blade, and then chased after Charles. He caught up, and slit his throat. The teacher from Oxford fell to the floor, blood gushing from his neck.

5482158751_4a9761901e_z.jpg

Samuel and Angela were backed up against the staircase, watching as their loved ones were killed. Ignatius approached them next. He grabbed Angela, and held her in front of him, towards Samuel.

"Stay back, fiend!", shouted Samuel, conjuring green beams of light from his hands.

5482163697_470b5be71b_z.jpg

It was no use. Samuel's magic was ineffective in this scenario, and Conan quickly killed Angela.

Cornering Samuel against the staircase, Conan raised his sword and struck down upon his prey. The last remaining Synclair fell back, smashing through the railing and quickly bleeding out.

5482168849_7b43e88e2e_z.jpg

Ignatius then ascended the stairs, only to have Arianna Jacques and Harriet Clive blocking his way.

"You shall not harm another soul!" Arianna said, quivering. "The Fellowship will punish you for your actions!".

Ignatius had no idea what she was talking about, but responded by cutting her down and pushing her over the railing.

5482174003_1e356d5b9f_z.jpg

Next up was Harriet, who had pulled out a sprig of wolfsbane.

5482774648_b5e9377106_z.jpg

"Stay back! Foul beast!" she said. She was confident that the plant would repel Werewolves. Unfortunately, Ignatius wasn't a Werewolf himself, so he continued his rampage by cutting her down, too.

Conan ran up the rest of the stairs after Isaac Edgar. However, when he reached the balcony, he was caught by surprise when the baron came charging out of the hallway with a steel chain in his hands. Isaac threw the chain, and wrapped it around Ignatius' sword.

5482779694_5d641e9459_z.jpg

Conan reacted quickly and with all of his strength, dragged the chain and threw the baron into the balcony railing. He broke through the wooden rail, and fell below to his death.

5482189955_b01099a125_z.jpg

"Who's missing?", Ignatius wondered to himself. Suddenly, Archibald Rynne charge at him, knife in hand. He lashed out at the killer, but the blade was quickly dodged.

5482791450_fe0884efc0_z.jpg

Conan retaliated by knocking the knife out of Rynne's hand...

5482796758_e68d68f253_z.jpg

...and stabbing him to death.

Ignatius returned to the ground floor.

5482802022_d7a2a390dc_z.jpg

That was it. He had killed all of them. Because of his wits, he was going to survive.

Suddenly, Quinn Synclair, who had escaped his doom only days earlier, appeared behind Conan. He was sorry for things he had done, and returned to the manor to help his father and uncle. Upon seeing their bodies, he quickly grabbed the musket of Terrence that was stored behind the foyer, and fired.

5482212287_ec8f4ccc94_z.jpg

There was nothing left of Ignatius Conan except for a headless corpse. Quinn had defeated him, and had a tale yet to tell...

5482812786_e5fccac540_z.jpg

---

Isaac woke up with a start. He was in his bed, in his room, in his manor.

5482223309_ecffea57dc_z.jpg

It was the morning after him and his guests had lynched the final evil-doer of the village, and everyone was finally safe. It was only a nightmare, a residual effect from the horrors that he had witnessed for the past eight days.

Isaac arrived in the foyer to encounter the Villagers, all cheerful and congratulating each other on a job well done. The crisis had not been without its losses, but it was time to bury the past and move on.

Isaac waled over to the main doors, and threw them open. The rain had stopped, and it was a beautiful autumn morning. The remaining Villagers returned to their homes, ready to start anew.

5482234597_75f3878514_z.jpg

---

Winners:

5482823974_0bbfce994a_z.jpg

WhiteFang, Alopex, Hinckley, Fugazi, iamded, Professor Flitwick, Admiral Ron, Lord Arjay, CallMePie, Sandy (Village)

---

Thanks for playing, everyone! Please keep all remaining discussions concerning Werewolf Mafia in here (non-players are welcome to join in as well). I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I'll be very interested in what everyone has to say, and all questions will be answered.

Also, this thread will be updated periodically with night action results, roles, etc.

Discuss!

THAT WAS THE MOST MEAN CONCLUSION EVER!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My first win! Thank you for a fantastic game, JB! I loved the characters, especially. I also enjoyed the uniqueness of each night kill.

To everyone else: Sorry for lying! :grin:

PM up in a minute.

CallMePie

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

Your character is as follows:

Charles Synclair - Village

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Charles Synclair. You are a professor at Oxford, and you've taken a break to visit your older brother, Samuel (Sandy), and his family in Blackwood. Your real reason for visiting, though, is that your brother hopes that you will have a positive influence on young Quinn Synclair (Quarryman) as far as schooling goes. However, with recent murders, the village is under investigation, and you cannot return home to your family until the crimes are solved.

You have no night actions.

You win when all factions besides the Village are eradicated.

Please use the included character picture as your avatar (or include it in your signature) for the duration of the game. You must also include your character name in your sig.

Please confirm your participation in the Discussion and Confirmation thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your role, otherwise ask any general questions in the Discussion thread.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

This was a really fun game to watch! I got to hand it to the town! I've never seen the town win so quickly.

Even though I wasn't a player, I have to say you did a great job hosting this game.

I really can't wait for the next game. :classic:

Best dream sequence fake ending ever!

I guess our discussion as to who had been converted, WhiteFang or Sandy can end. :blush:

Way to go, Village and the Masons!! :grin:

I have many comments, but need to get back to work. Great job everybody! And especially JimButcher! :wub: Mostly for putting up with me :blush:

Wow! We won! I got a bit scared of the dream, it was a brilliant twist! :laugh: Congratulations to all the other winners, together we defeated the evil scum! Lots of thanks to Harriet/Hinckley for leading us to victory, her brilliant tactics ( And big boobs :tongue:) lead us to victory.

And last but not least, I must thank our brilliant host JimButcher for letting me play, and congratulate him for creating such a fantastic, and exiting experience for us all!

And here is my role...

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Angela Fairfax. You are the loving wife of the Duke of southeast England, William Fairfax (WhiteFang). You live a happy life in the quiet town of Blackwood. While you have no profession because of the royalties your husband receives, you do like to spend time helping people with their problems. Unprofessionally, of course. You also hate to see death and killing, which has become more and more apparent with recent murders in Blackwood.

As such, you are the Psychologist, and each night you may target one person in hopes that they have a killing role. If they do, they are neutralized for the next two nights. If not, nothing happens. You may only use this ability successfully once throughout the duration of the game.

Yes I'm the infamous Little Bunny Foo-Foo. I messed up my role a bit, (misunderstood it) but in the end I could use it successfully. So I wasn't foo-fooing you guys... :tongue:

Edited by Alopex

Never a conclusion without a bloodbath! Well done sir! :thumbup: And whats more, my second win as the town! Huzzah! :thumbup:

I WAS GARY COLEMAN!

I'd just thought you'd like to know. Sorry for getting you lynched the first time around Shadows, I thought I was sane. :blush:

My starting PM:

Professor Flitwick

Welcome to Werewolf Mafia! Before you begin game play, please make sure that you have read up on rules (there have been rules added and changed to the traditional Eurobrick's mafia rules).

5401944551_ef836446af_m.jpg

Penelope Fletcher - Village - Seer

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Penelope Fletcher. You are servant of the baron of the huge manor outside of town, and are paid quite handsomely for your work. You sleep in one of the manor's rooms, although you can barely do so in such a creepy place. Your judgement isn't always the best, but you like to spy on people when you can.

As a Seer, you can target one person each night to determine where their loyalties lie.

Please use the included character picture as your avatar (or include it in your signature) for the duration of the game. You must also include your character name in your sig.

Please confirm your participation in the Discussion and Confirmation thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding your role, otherwise ask any general questions in the Discussion thread.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

Thanks for letting me play Jim, it was a privilege. Time to update my sig/about me page with this new found victory!

I hate you Hinck... I told you in Bloodbrick that I always play the same, and that's the truth :wink:

Raleigh Clifton - Village - Angel

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Raleigh Clifton. You are a detective, and are Phillip Peer's (Peanuts) right hand man. You've been called from out of town and you are now leaving London with your partner to help solve a recent case of unusual murders. The victims seem to have been bitten by a large animal, but have displayed very unusual physical traits after death, including increases in teeth size , as well as mats of hair growing on all regions of the bodies and shedding after death. You must apprehend this criminal.

You are an "Angel". You hold the ability to protect one soul each night from harm, although you are a bit unsure, even frightened of what you might be protecting from. Each night, send in your chosen target.

Hinckley

5401943441_0cdd2dc15a_m.jpg

Harriet Clive - Village - Gardener

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Harriet Clive. You maintain the general store of the village of Blackwood. You spend long days serving customers, taking care of finances, and cleaning and stocking shelves. You are employed by Ignatius Conan (Inconspicuous), who owns the store.

However, you have a hobby in gardening, and with recent murders around Blackwood, you've prepared for the worse. You suspect that the unusual murders are the work of a Werewolf, so you've started growing Wolfsbane, which will protect you and others from harm from the beast.

You are immune to werewolf attacks. In addition, you may hand out up to two Wolfsbane plants for the duration of the game, which will make the receiver somewhat immune to werewolf attacks as well. You may send them on any night, in any amount (e.g. you may send one or two plants in one night), and to anyone. But choose wisely, you only have two to give, and the effects vary depending on the role of the person you give to.

Good luck, and have fun.

JimButcher

Your night action was unsuccessful.

However, you've been recruited by the head monk, Arianna Jacques (Lord Arjay). You now know for certain that she is a Villager, and she knows the same about you.

The Night Action was unsuccessful because wolfsbane wouldn't protect Dragonator from a Rogue. :cry_sad:

The Night Action was unsuccessful because wolfsbane wouldn't protect Dragonator from a Rogue. :cry_sad:

I knew you were lying about the Commuter action! It was the one thing I got out Conan in our 5 minute chat, that you had told him you had a different action. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

I hate you Hinck... I told you in Bloodbrick that I always play the same, and that's the truth :wink:

Not to throw Lord Arjay under the bus, but you were his choice. :tongue:

I guess that is throwing him under the bus. :sceptic:

Cast List

Evil: Shadows

Mary Poppins/Person 3: Rick

Gojira/Bambi: Lord Arjay

Goldilocks, Person 5: iamded

Person 2: Me

Person 4: Walter Kovacs

Person 1: Inconsipcuous

Yogi Bear: Rufus

Gallagher/Winston Churchill: Admiral Ron (We tried so hard to get him to explode. :blush: )

Little Bunny Foo Foo: Alopex

Gary Coleman: Professor Flitwick

Porky Pig: TinyPiesRUs

Strawberry Shortcake: Bob TCM

Did I miss anybody?

I knew you were lying about the Commuter action! It was the one thing I got out Conan in our 5 minute chat, that you had told him you had a different action. :tongue:

As the spokesperson for all of those with Night Action info, I had to at least attempt to make people believe I couldn't be killed at night. :blush:

Not to throw Lord Arjay under the bus, but you were his choice. :tongue:

I guess that is throwing him under the bus. :sceptic:

Did I miss anybody?

Yes!

Charles Synclair as: Charles Synclair.

Hi there, I'm Marry Poppins a.k.a. 'Person 3'. :wink: I was a neutral, voteless, watcher. Why that combination?! I haven't got a clue. :wacko: I did find it a bit weird that I did not find Alopex targeting Inky the night I died (not that it mattered 'cause I was dead anyway). Sure, he was going to effectively block him the next two nights, but he did target him that night as well...

I played entirely for the town after the successful conviction on day 1. With hindsight we finally had the game figured out by the night I died. :cry_sad:

It wasn't clear to Hinckley or at least to me that Alopex block (why didn't you try it earlier?) would only be effective from the following night. We could have saved Eskallon.

Rufus! Why me?! Stupid Rouge. :tongue:

Did I miss anybody?

The Hunter... :classic:

Yes!

Charles Synclair as: Charles Synclair.

Charles Poo Synclair... :tongue:

Darn it Jim, you had me so excited for a minute there! :laugh: Very satisfying revenge for everything. I'd like to say, thank you for letting me play! I really enjoyed the serial killer style role. I had to exercise some major lying skills, but in the end it paid off.

Ignatius Conan - Werewolf - Bodyguard

In this game of wits and strategy, you'll be playing Ignatius Conan. You are a successful business man, and own the village's only general store. You make quite a profit, and live a comfortable life.

However, life has not been so simple for you lately. You've heard about the recent murders and... know who the culprit is. You witnessed Zed Phillips (Zepher) attacking and killing a young woman a week ago. However, he was not in his normal state. He had transformed into a beast just recognizable as himself, and your conclusion is that he has turned into a werewolf. You escaped the scene without him noticing your presence.

However, you approached Zed while in his sane form, and agreed to protect him in exchange for him not feasting on you.

Thus, you are a Bodyguard, and can protect one person besides yourself each night. However, if the person you protected is targeted for a kill that night, you have a 50% chance of being killed instead, and a 50% chance that neither of you will die. You may choose to protect the werewolf, you may choose to protect someone else. You may choose not to use your night action at all, no one will know if you have protected them or not, including the werewolf.

You win when you and your allies outnumber all other factions.

With the werewolf dead, you are now alone and must fend for yourself. In addition to your bodyguard role, you may now target one person per night to kill. Starting on Night 2.
Last night, you killed Beatrice Synclair. However, she is in fact a Vampire, and you decide to meet her after you realize this. Indeed, she does show up, in undead form. She offers her assistance to you, and you accept.

Beatrice is now allied with the Werewolves.

Both successful. However, you've been neutralized, and cannot kill for the next two nights.

So when Zed was voted off, I went into a desperate mode. I decided that I'd pretend I was reverse-converted to the town and was using my bodyguarding ability for the other side, while secretly killing everyone with my killing ability. I contacted Dragonator about my protecting ability (I mentioned that my role had "complications"), and he seemed to trust me before he died. Later, I got in contact with Hinckley, Eskallon, and Rick.

I gained Hinck's trust by protecting the people he asked me to and having Rick follow them too. When he inquired about the "complications" I told Draggy about, I gave him the entire made-up story about how I was reverse converted after Zed died. I figured he was going to investigate me, so I added the thing about investigation results, but when I realize he was confirming my role through Rick, it was too late. However, he began to trust me, and my four nights of duality began. I kept on feeding Hinckley what he wanted to hear the whole time and kept his trust high.

I was really lucky with some of my night kills! Although I had no solid leads for Def and TPRUs, I had suspicions about them. Eskallon had told Zepher he was the blocker, so I didn't believe his role, but later I decided to kill him when I realized he actually was. I killed Beatrice, hoping that I'd get rid of a simple townie, and no one could trace the kill back to me. However, the vampire complex raised suspicions about the "ex-werewolf bodyguard". The Bunny Foo Foo complex messed my game up too. If it weren't for those two issues, I think I would have done a lot better.

But regardless, I'm happy with the way I played the game. I didn't make any stupid mistakes. I pulled off a pretty big lie the entire game, and was trusted by the strongest town leader. It was an uphill battle, considering my only ally was voted out on the first day, but I had a lot of fun with my struggles and successes.

Thanks again to JimBee for hosting an excellent game! Congrats to the winners who defeated me. And thank you to all the cast, especially Hinckley, for making this a fun game. :sweet:

I feel like an idiot. I spent the better half of this mafia thinking the sword killer was actually a Serial Killer. :blush:

Rufus! Why me?! Stupid Rouge. :tongue:

Rick, I am truly sorry about that. On night 6, Hinck told me I was going to be investigated, but he tried to get me to believe that Admiral Ron had somehow inherited Shadows' investigative abilities. I didn't fall for that one, but knew I had to kill Gary Coleman. Trouble was, I didn't know who Gary was, so I took the best guess I could with the information I had. I was wrong.

Well played Village! A thoroughly deserved victory. We Rogues were hopelessly outpowered and outclassed throughout (it might have been different if Zeph hadn't given himself away), and Hinck led superbly.

With the Rogue numbers rapidly dwindling, I knew I couldn't win, but just wanted to be the last surviving baddie. Here too I was out-manouevred by Inky's fantastic play.

Great game, JimB!

Hi there, I'm Marry Poppins a.k.a. 'Person 3'. :wink: I was a neutral, voteless, watcher. Why that combination?! I haven't got a clue. :wacko: I did find it a bit weird that I did not find Alopex targeting Inky the night I died (not that it mattered 'cause I was dead anyway). Sure, he was going to effectively block him the next two nights, but he did target him that night as well...

I must've left it out on accident, but good thing you were dead then. default_tong.gif I agree that your role wasn't the best, especially since I told you that you could say that you can't vote. Not really sure what that accomplished. It did turn out that your watching action was useful, though, especially as a neutral. You could've been/ were a big help to either side.

Oh yes, I'd love to know.

Were the Rogues simply the mafia? Or some sort of new faction that came up after Zed died?

Edited by CallMePie

The Bunny Foo Foo complex messed my game up too.

Got ya! Actually its Little Bunny Foo-Foo. :wink: (Although I don't really mind, its a bit offensive anyway... :hmpf_bad: )

Rick, I am truly sorry about that. On night 6, Hinck told me I was going to be investigated, but he tried to get me to believe that Admiral Ron had somehow inherited Shadows' investigative abilities. I didn't fall for that one, but knew I had to kill Gary Coleman. Trouble was, I didn't know who Gary was, so I took the best guess I could with the information I had. I was wrong.

I wanted to lead you to believe Rick was the bomb, but I figured you'd see right through that and it would get Rick killed. You killed him anyway, but Ron was the bomb. :blush:

Well played Village! A thoroughly deserved victory. We Rogues were hopelessly outpowered and outclassed throughout (it might have been different if Zeph hadn't given himself away), and Hinck led superbly.

More on the weight of sides later...

Oh yes, I'd love to know.

Were the Rogues simply the mafia? Or some sort of new faction that came up after Zed died?

They were a third faction that was present throughout. They had to outnumber both the Werewolves and the Village. Likewise, the Werewolves had to outnumber both the Rogues and the Village.

Will we get an opinion on how we played, JimButcher? Although I already know that I wasn't the best... :sceptic:

Edited by Alopex

I wanted to lead you to believe Rick was the bomb, but I figured you'd see right through that and it would get Rick killed. You killed him anyway, but Ron was the bomb. :blush:

Well, you certainly had me fooled! I was planning on killing Ron if I hadn't been neutralized. Before you told me Ron was the investigator, I had actually constructed a chart and used logic to determined that Ron was the bomb and Flitwick was the investigator. However, when you told me otherwise, I didn't know that you would lie to me, so I was confused.

Actually, I kept a printout of all the characters on my desk and wrote notes by their names. This is the first time I've done that, and in this game of stage names it really helped. Actually, I think the stage names backfired a little. A few days before the end, I matched everyone's name to a role and set up a kill-list. But even if I had lived, Harriet's lying would have screwed that up.

Sign in to follow this