Sign in to follow this  
Junpei

Is There Really an L-motor in 42009?

I was looking on S@h at 42009, and I saw that it says: Also includes a rotating superstructure, 8-wheel drive, 5 axles, 10 wheels and a detailed V8 motor with moving pistons, and 8882 LEGO Power Functions XL-Motor.

What's up with that? It seems pretty deliberate to be a mistake.

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

Definitely a L-Motor!

Yep, I had it in my hand last night while I was looking through the box, the L motor that is :grin:

Edited by Tubby

Interesting. I found that the product description writer for the website also made a mistake in the product description for the Friend's Mia Magic Tricks set. Website says coins, cups, scarves included with the accessories but they are not in the set when I bought it. I think the original set design plan was to have them. Along the way it was changed and no one passed the info to the marketing department.

I was looking on S@h at 42009, and I saw that it says: Also includes a rotating superstructure, 8-wheel drive, 5 axles, 10 wheels and a detailed V8 motor with moving pistons, and 8882 LEGO Power Functions XL-Motor.

What's up with that? It seems pretty deliberate to be a mistake.

The XL motor is not the only mistake. It is not 8 wheel drive either. 8 wheel steering, 2 wheel drive.

Oh yeah, you're right. It's funny because Lego described 42005 Monster Truck as: with extreme 4-wheel suspension, all-wheel drive, flame detailing and monster-size rubber wheels! and it doesn't even have any wheels driven!

Oh yeah, you're right. It's funny because Lego described 42005 Monster Truck as: with extreme 4-wheel suspension, all-wheel drive, flame detailing and monster-size rubber wheels! and it doesn't even have any wheels driven!

Yeh I read that and thought it was dodgy

Probably but why do you ask? Are you planning to build it with your own parts? I mean if you buy the set you get a L-motor so no need for a substitute.

I wouldn't. Lifting the crane boom seems to be a lot of work, even for the L-motor.

Great set by the way. Mine came last Friday and I had a blast building it!