Sign in to follow this  
jimmynick

Red Menace Mafia: Day One - Ice Station Zebra

Players only, please!

14868529019_f5f7b42d92_o.png

15068898335_4985e30e38_o.png

Jacob Neumann walked through the mess at breakfast the next day, oblivious to the conversation around him.

14882340857_35dec55572_o.png

"This is the 80s; why are there two women on our submarine?" asked one voice.

14882340937_f9fe94e18d_o.png

"I think it's so we all have distinct hairstyles," proposed another in reply.

14882196229_5066e637a0_o.png

In the next room, the galley, Commander Neumann found a horrible sight: someone out cold, dead with his head in the freezer. It was the USS Portland's yeoman, Lloyd Stanton (Lego Spy).

"Who will help me with my paperwork?" Neumann asked ruefully to himself. He abandoned Stanton's body and rushed back to his own cabin.

14882340747_4a82d9a9e2_o.png

Neumann's paperwork had gone from bad to worse. Someone had ransacked his cabin, evidently looking for something.

But Neumann found something in the pile and called for a meeting in the control room.

15066035556_589ea4a443_o.png

Thaddeus Mortimore, Lieutenant Commander, stood by to support Neumann and the crew.

"I hate to inform you all of this," began Commander Neumann, "but I have found the dead body of Lloyd Stanton (Lego Spy) in the galley. He was a Plot Device. In addition, someone went through all my papers. But I have found a scrap of paper with reference to a KGB colonel on board this submarine."

"I have decided to lock down the USS Portland. It is now your task to weed out the Soviet Spies from the Loyal Sailors. Good luck."

"Say, Thaddeus, do you know what happened to Dom Fiore and Gary Messina? They're on the crew manifest but aren't present."

"I think they stayed behind when we left Rio, Jacob," replied the Lieutenant Commander.

The NPCs:

15063852855_3cd861a1e6_o.png Jacob Neumann (jamesn) - Commander

15063852815_3b062de018_o.png Thaddeus Mortimore (Tamamono) - Lieutenant Commander

The Players:

14869959227_b611ccd287_o.png Monty Thornton (mostlytechnic) - Cook

14869922208_40191ca265_o.png Philip Dabney (PirateDave84) - Crewman

15053458321_7e1b5d9c5d_o.png Jeremy Hollis (jluckhaupt) - Crewman

15053458311_fe8eaf2a06_o.png Adrienne Walton (adventurer1) - Doctor

15056508315_becf75ac8a_o.png Christopher Milton Poindexter (CallMePie) - Fire Control Officer

14869783629_1fe5263c89_o.png Trevor Knowles (TrumpetKing) - Nuclear Engineer

14869847450_326fac00f0_o.png Patrick Nash (Peanuts) - Nuclear Engineer

15056508265_f72ff4850b_o.png Spencer Delgado (Speedy) - Quartermaster

15056146782_dff345a645_o.png Malcolm Cooper (Mencot) - Radio Technician

14869958937_1e4a062c0f_o.png Edward Grey (Endgame) - Sonar Technician

14869783459_f98924f11f_o.png Claire Novak (Calanon) - Steward

14869922038_73fa893d37_o.png Boris Benson (Bob) - Torpedoman

14869783419_3b11e1776a_o.png Jerry Bergeron (JimBee) - Torpedoman

The Dead:

14882348940_0f6cfbc4c8_o.png Lloyd Stanton (Lego Spy) - Plot Device

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned either with the Loyal Sailors (Town) or the Soviet Spies (Scum). To win the game, the Loyal Sailors must kill off all of the Soviet Spies, while the Spies need to outnumber the Sailors. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game hosts. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of Rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Someone went through all your papers but somehow managed to leave behind one of their own papers, completely giving away their presence on the ship?

Silly Russians. Tricks are for Germans.

Soviet spies? On our ship? How the hell did this happen?!

They probably crawled on board while we were sleeping. It's a well-documented fact that Russians are amphibious.

Someone went through all your papers but somehow managed to leave behind one of their own papers, completely giving away their presence on the ship?

Silly Russians. Tricks are for Germans.

Good point, Firefly. Looks like these commies are not the smartest. I hope they don't touch anything in the reactor room, that might end up bad.

Soviet spies? On our ship? How the hell did this happen?!

Does it matter, Buttercup? They're here, and we're gonna find and kill these commie schweinehunds.

Thank god were in lock down because you know we could very well flee this tin can ... Not that we're submerged or anything ...

Silly captain!

Where is the dead body? I must see how he died because I am the ships doctor (even if he is just a plot device) and the knowledge could help us find those nasty Russians. If he was shot that's really bad because everyone knows nuclear reactors don't like bullets.

A murder? Here? on this tiny little sub? Uh oh... Y'know, I once heard a Chinese saying, "A courtyard common is never swept." I think it applies fully here, even though I have no clue what it means.

So it looks like we have a pretty big job ahead of us...

Uh oh... Y'know, I once heard a Chinese saying, "A courtyard common is never swept."

I once heard an American saying. "People who say Chinese sayings are communists."

I'm watching you.

I once heard an American saying. "People who say Chinese sayings are communists."

I'm watching you.

I realize both are technically part of the Asian continent, but Russia is part of Europe, too, or so I've heard... It's kind of complicated geography.

-Sings loadly and badly-

I'm back in the USSR uuuh, You don't know how lucky you are, boy

BACK IN THE US

Back in the U... -someone taps Malcom on the back and tells him about the situation-

WHat murder here, who died, who killed, SOVIET SPY!!?

. . . _ _ _ . . . Help . . . _ _ _ . . .

I who though this was going to be an easy thing, I didn´t sign up for this, the russians were suppose to be outside the sub... Which we would torpedo! Not inside our sub.

Dude, the is way not cool. Like, I won't be able to sleep for a week. This is why I never surf in the USSR!

Note:

Great stuff!

Players only, please!

Please don't post in the game thread if you are not playing. The Confirmation and Discussion thread is here.

Where is the dead body? I must see how he died because I am the ships doctor (even if he is just a plot device) and the knowledge could help us find those nasty Russians. If he was shot that's really bad because everyone knows nuclear reactors don't like bullets.

Actually, Surgeonfish, it's not that much of a problem. If someone were to shoot the reactor, I'd be more worried about a ricochet hurting somebody than about the damage to the reactor.

Also, it's pronounced nucular.

Actually, Surgeonfish, it's not that much of a problem. If someone were to shoot the reactor, I'd be more worried about a ricochet hurting somebody than about the damage to the reactor.

Also, it's pronounced nucular.

Well thank you Mr Walking Encyclopedia. I'm glad your confident the reactor will be ok. But I'm not ok with a murder running around, if it's actually possible to run around on a sub, on a Nucular sub.

And it's 'Dr. Surgeonfish' if you please.

Plot Device role! Damn! Some people just get the worst roles! Poor guy, but we must remain resolute in his departure. It's imperative that we all be extra careful!

Someone check the sonar! Perhaps there's a Russian sub nearby.

Someone check the torpedo bay! Perhaps they're going to blow up the sub!

Someone check the Lieutenant Commander's Quarters! Perhaps his room was ransacked as well.

Someone check the radio room! Perhaps the spies are trying to send a secret message to reinforcements!

Someone check the galley! I'm actually rather hungry.

Ah, troubled yet again by the Red Menace. Let's see if we can't just wipe them out in two days, beating the old record :sweet:

Oh no! Not the plot device!

So, spies. Los espionajes. Life in Mexico was much simpler.

Plot Device role! Damn! Some people just get the worst roles! Poor guy, but we must remain resolute in his departure. It's imperative that we all be extra careful!

Someone check the radio room! Perhaps the spies are trying to send a secret message to reinforcements!

Radio room checked. This is my casa, and no commies get in or out without me knowing ´bout it.

-Looks on an item on the floor- Hmm what is this, a penny. Hey I found a penny, I am lucky... No this is not an penny, hmm an kopek, where did this come from? Oh well what where I saying, yes no one gets in or out of the radio room without my knowledge!

Ah, troubled yet again by the Red Menace. Let's see if we can't just wipe them out in two days, beating the old record :sweet:

Sound like a plan :wink:

Oh no! Not the plot device!

So, spies. Los espionajes. Life in Mexico was much simpler.

Sí, yo comprendo. Hablas español, aa great me too.. not so much but my parents are from spain :laugh:

Radio room checked. This is my casa, and no commies get in or out without me knowing ´bout it.

-Looks on an item on the floor- Hmm what is this, a penny. Hey I found a penny, I am lucky... No this is not an penny, hmm an kopek, where did this come from? Oh well what where I saying, yes no one gets in or out of the radio room without my knowledge!

Sound like a plan :wink:

Sí, yo comprendo. Hablas español, aa great me too.. not so much but my parents are from spain :laugh:

Spain? Nice bro, if we get off this boat alive I hope to hit those beaches. Oh and uhhh...if you search my stuff just know that those pills are for medicinal purely medical medicine-y purposes!

Spain? Nice bro, if we get off this boat alive I hope to hit those beaches. Oh and uhhh...if you search my stuff just know that those pills are for medicinal purely medical medicine-y purposes!

Medicine, hmm what kind of pills. Migraine pills like Miegerot is good in take a double dos, mixing it with so other epinephrine or dopamine based medicine and listening to some rave music...in a medical medicine-y purpose way only, ofcourse :wink: I think I have some Old skool rave c-cassettes back at the rack.

Bah, a spy!? We must find him (or her, since this sub is apparently totally PC like that).

Now, how to help as a cook? I shall keep you all well fed! And perhaps at breakfast today I'll serve both black tea and coffee. Anyone who drinks coffee is obviously a good American, and the tea drinker must be the Ruskie spy! Job done in one meal!

Oh, and if you want, there's lots of ice cream available. See how the freezer door is open with Lloyd's head in there? Well, all our ice cream started melting so better eat it quick.

All the other food is fine. The big freezer is still un-contaminated with dead bodies. (and let's keep it that way! When we find the spy he goes out the torpedo tubes) Only the small ice cream freezer got opened.

Maybe I better take a look at those pills to make sure they are for purely 'medicinal' purposes.

Bah, a spy!? We must find him (or her, since this sub is apparently totally PC like that).

Now, how to help as a cook? I shall keep you all well fed! And perhaps at breakfast today I'll serve both black tea and coffee. Anyone who drinks coffee is obviously a good American, and the tea drinker must be the Ruskie spy! Job done in one meal!

Oh, and if you want, there's lots of ice cream available. See how the freezer door is open with Lloyd's head in there? Well, all our ice cream started melting so better eat it quick.

All the other food is fine. The big freezer is still un-contaminated with dead bodies. (and let's keep it that way! When we find the spy he goes out the torpedo tubes) Only the small ice cream freezer got opened.

But I like tea. After I've had at least three cups of morning coffee that is, and of course I prefer green tea. Isn't black tea a British thing?

And I'd like a triple scoop sundae for breakfast please.

Interlude

15083291596_5f7b4fdb8d_o.png

Some of the crew sat down for lunch. No-one was really hungry, though, given this morning's sordid events in the freezer.

14919733098_3f5ebb8c39_o.png

Meanwhile, in the control room, Commander Neumann stared blankly at his Captain's Log.

"Say, Thaddeus, I wish Lloyd hadn't got himself offed by some KGB scummo. I have no clue what to do with this thing. I have a table of the submarine's depths from the past 12 hours and I need to find our average depth. There's got to be an easy way to do this."

Lieutenant Commander Mortimore took a look at the Log.

"I think I know what our average depth is, but I'll let the crew have a go as well. I'll show them the data."

Time Depth

0000 100m

0100 150m

0200 125m

0300 100m

0400 150m

0500 200m

0600 225m

0700 200m

0800 150m

0900 175m

1000 150m

1100 125m

15106341175_a8b0a7cc2d_o.png

Mortimore continued, "The 3 people who, in the next 36 hours, give me an average depth closest to my answer might get a little prize. Get to it, then."

Voting is now open.

Hmm I don´t think that it is that easy!

I don´t know russians that good but never heard of a tea drinking commie. The british as Adrienne pointed out:

Isn't black tea a British thing?

The japanese have their tea, heard of turkish apple tea drinking... but never of russian tea culture from the 17th century.

I think they drink vodka, yea that is what the russians drink. So if someone stinks of old, bad Vodka, that is our commie spy. :sweet:

Hey Patric, have you seen Trevor anywhere? Is he down at the reactor or something?

Does the fact that our Cap and Lieutenant Commander are wearing airforce uniforms making that they arn´t sure what our average depth is :sarcasm_smug::excited: