Tamamono

Party Lines Mafia - Day Six: Cloture

3LQn8jm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 23, 1994

New Brickland

Night

Ka2cm3n.png

A dark figure enters the legislative body once again...

bK7weuc.png

Only to find Rep. Gerald Hatley (Goliath) goofing off.

DXl0mWb.png

He procures a pen from his rumpled suit. "Using the power vested in me by the people of LEGOLAND, I President and also King Gerald Hatley IV sign this bill into law! No longer will the citizens of Silver City have to pay a hat tax! And everyone will love me forever and I'll finally have friends!"

I8jt23e.png

"Wait, I just realized I don't know how to write my name..." he says.

"Oh God!"

A light flashes...

LByRJuo.png

Only to get a pretty embarrassing photo of Gerald sobbing at the Speaker's desk.

January 24, 1994

New Brickland

Mid-morning

W5EZxS2.jpg

"I am deeply ashamed that I pretended to be President - and also King - using our legislative body's Speaker's seat... It was wrong of me, despite it feeling so real. Needless to say, I will no longer be your representative.

From now on, I won't have to pretend - I am formally announcing my bid for President! A regular Loyal guy like me - I shouldn't have much of a problem. Except for my uhh... difficulties with written documents. I'll get that straightened out!"

January 24, 1994

New Brickland

Mid-morning

76MGqmE.jpg

The remaining legislators hang out in a circle, eyeing one another suspiciously...

0G2iO4E.jpg

Despite it being perfectly quiet, the Speaker brings his gavel down hard. "Order!"

"He's coming! He's going to announce what Davy was!"

SUCaxr9.jpg

Everyone turns, filled with an icy dread. Deep in their hearts, they know what happened...

joBzrl0.jpg

"Great job, morons! That is, if you were trying to impeach a Loyal!"

avcW1sZ.jpg

"We haven't got much time left! It is absolutely paramount that we start impeaching those nasty Octan goons again! I expect one voted out of office today - no excuses!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In office:

The Speaker:

5jpmdrA.png Siegfried Dixon - Representative from New Brickland: played by Speedy

The Old Dogs:

4GuyyJ0.png "Tiny" Peter Rutherford - Representative from Brickshire: played by TPRU

The Legislative Veterans:

9pFILPh.png Addie Tremain - Representative from Galactic City: played by adventurer1

VsewC2i.png Lloyd Spalding - Representative from Super City: played by Lego Spy

p84sBN2.png Bobby Benedict - Representative from New Brickland: played by Bob

BT44Jw8.png Bjorn Borchard - Representative from Owlville: played by badboytje88

The Freshmen:

PcNoVsX.png Archie Matthews - Representative from Galactic City: played by Adam

HFcIbOR.png Molly Callaghan - Representative from Brickshire: played by Mencot

Out of office:

i1uTfwT.png Douglas London - Impeached Day One - Octan

X4RYdjD.png Carol Nottingham - played by Calanon - Impeached Day One - Loyal

ttppHrb.png J. Leroy King - played by jluck - Photographed Night One - Loyal

JHDS9RS.png Winnifred Karchevsky - played by Walter Kovacs - Photographed Night One - Loyal

8RNqZ2v.png Jacob Palacios - played by JackJonespaw - Impeached Day Two - Loyal

g6bOfXf.png Bryant Laughlin - played by Brickelodeon - Photographed Night Two - Loyal

kGJQcov.png Stanley Figurelli - played by Stickfig - Impeached Day Three - Octan

CyXhKYY.png Sinclair Viola - played by Scaevola - Impeached Day Four - Octan

wZrZjlO.png Maurice Teichman - played by mostlytechnic - Photographed Night Four - Loyal

en5wnDn.png Pierce Davy - played by Piratedave - Impeached Day Five - Loyal

Q69vFEg.png Gerald Hatley - played by Goliath - Photographed Night Five - Loyal

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal Representatives or the Octan Corporation. To win the game, the Representaties must remove from office all the Octan Lobbyists, while the Octan Co. needs to outnumber the Reprsentatives. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to impeach a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of impeached players, as well as those who are removed from office, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are out of office, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning from the host on your first offense, and a removal from the game on your second.

12. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

I thought for sure Pierce was scum, especially considering the range of emotions he went through yesterday. As for Gerald, that's a shock as well. I'm thinking Gerald was a Vig kill, since he was a prime suspect and the scum wouldn't want to get rid of him because they hoped we would spend the entire day going for him.

Top of my list is Addie, although my scumdar is completely broken at this point. I'm getting somewhat of a town read on Bjorn and Archie. I don't know what I'm getting from Molly, but Lloyd and Tiny are also a bit fishy to me, just out of pure intuition. I'd like to hear what some other people have to say.

Well, talk about a double shock. Both Pierce and Gerald were loyal. I really thought they were both scum, both were at the top of my list. Now I don't know what to think. :sceptic:

Bob and Molly are still on my list, the rest, I really don't know now. Lloyd seems noob, Archie gave us the info about the bribe attempt, Tiny post few posts but contributes in those few posts, and Bjorn is......well Bjorn.

Hmmm. It's too bad about Pierce. The case against him wasn't all that strong, but his non-defence yesterday and his lack of play all the way along put us in an awkward position.

For today? I'd love to just come out and say the uncleared names, since it's less than half of us, but it would give the scum a roadmap to finding power roles, if they don't know them already. We had a town reading on one of the uncleared names, but personally, it doesn't mean all that much to me with how they've been in public and private. Sometimes you have to not rely on these roles too much.

That said, I don't want to be the obvious leader today. You folks should use what you know from the public record.

But, what Archie said before about being contacted, the scum may have recruited someone. Unlucky for them being recruited to the losing team...

That sucks.

This bribething, is it for real! I know One the Octans would absolutely want to bribe, Molly stands up and points the speaker

Yes, you Mr Nixon. You would be the perfect one, if this bribething is true.

You know everything, you probably know the PRs. But this is just speculation.

There was just one catch(kill) last night, thats 2 nights in a row like that.

But this is just speculation.

Yes, it is, because you don't know much.

It's been discussed, and the conclusion we came to is that standard rules are that power roles are unrecruitable, and I have a power role, therefore I should be unrecruitable.

It's not 100% something we can know, but I prefer to work out the probabilities, and that's where things are.

Wow... I really feel let down by Pierce not being Octan. I really thought he was Octan with his lack of defence...

My guess is the last remaining Octan is either their leader, and will come up as Loyal, or is a comfirmed loyal but then turned Octan. We might even have 2 Octanians left...

Hmm, Pierce (looking at a previous game in particular) goes about defending himself as town while being bandwagoned a little strangely, though it really seemed the evidence was sufficient. Then again, we didn't really have a better option. :sceptic:

What I'm wondering is whether Gerald was a scum kill, or a vig kill. A mafia kill seems like it would have been a poor choice.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about the rest of you ( :tongue:), though highest on my scum list are Tiny and Bobby, although Molly has been playing a bit 'undercover' for much of the game...

It's been discussed, and the conclusion we came to is that standard rules are that power roles are unrecruitable, and I have a power role, therefore I should be unrecruitable.

Out of curiosity, where and when did this discussion take place?

Wow... I really feel let down by Pierce not being Octan. I really thought he was Octan with his lack of defence...

My guess is the last remaining Octan is either their leader, and will come up as Loyal, or is a comfirmed loyal but then turned Octan. We might even have 2 Octanians left...

What is the average number of scum players in a game this size?

Gerald was an ideal scum target. He basically outed himself as the blocker on day two or three. Anyone who genuinely thought he was scum can be said to have not been paying attention. Or are part of a ridiculous scum ploy.

Out of curiosity, where and when did this discussion take place?

This is just bad play. Either you're scum, or you weren't part of the conversation. Assuming the scum team has half a brain and you're not on the team, they can see that you were not part of that conversation.

Really, some questions being asked in thread this game, it is a case of people either being scum, or not being prudent about the information they want. A question like that would be far more appropriate for PM. Or would you like me to simply list the town group to you?

The only cover for that is that I try to do some public disagreements with townies to put some distance between myself and my allies. Keep scum guessing. But sometimes townies just blab too much.

So you are practically admiting that our vig is dead?!

2 kills, both loyal.

And your saying Gerald was the blocker! Ofcourse the scum knows all this but what else are you gonna blabber out here today?! Whats up

What are you talking about? Who's talking about the vig?

I said Goliath was blocker, the scum 99% knew it, and every townie who was paying attention should have too. Saying that doesn't make any difference, but it does give us reason to look at who was so sure he was 'scum'. And we can not debate about vig kills and scum kills. That was the scum. Because they knew he was the blocker. Do you know what the word blab means? If I said it yesterday, that would have been blabbing. Today, it's clearing things up and giving better targets.

I usually use the 3:1 rule, meaning with 18 player, three or four max.

Yea but two nights in a row, two loyal down and not another images taken. I see both as Octan hits, especially Maurice.

And you can actually continue your "clearing" cause all it sounds to me now is bla blablaa blablaa.

The last scum in my opinion, now that Pierce turned loyal, is Mr Bobby. Can't be anyone else.

Not everyone is in on private discussions, but pointing that in public tells scum you aren't part of that group. A very bad idea. We need to find scum today, not impeach another townie.

Everyone needs to keep up the discussion, it's all we have to go on. Mr Speaker and Molly, I don't really see how the above three posts help anyone.

Everyone needs to keep up the discussion, it's all we have to go on. Mr Speaker and Molly, I don't really see how the above three posts help anyone.

The fact is that our speaker is not what he seems to be.

Says the guy who has been proven so far to know jack. Good call :sarcasm_hmpf: It's great that you have said nothing of value all game, but amazing that you attempt to underline that fact in the late game. Not sarcasm, it's actually amazing. I'm stunned at your passionate commitment to broadcasting your lack of knowledge.

I'm town, I haven't been recruited (as far as my PM box has shown me), if you have an ounce of anything contradicting that, tell us. Seriously, lay it out. Your bold claim is enough to make scum target you if you are telling the truth and actually know. Rather, you are playing worse in the late days than in the early days (no small thing, considering how much you railed against me as I led lynches on two Octans), saying stuff without any reason other than that you fetishise a person with a reputation above your own. This is going to kill you (figuratively), but I'm right, you're wrong, and this is just going to place you a rank lower in people's reputation of you than it already is when I'm shown to be correct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's in bad taste to punch down, but how much of this stupidity am I expected to take?

Not everyone is in on private discussions, but pointing that in public tells scum you aren't part of that group. A very bad idea. We need to find scum today, not impeach another townie.

I was under the impression that this discussion Speedy had with someone was not in PM, and was instead in thread or from a previous game with a converter role. I understand now that that wasn't the best thing to say, and I'm sorry about my mistake. :sceptic:

"But you know speedy, your comment isn't part of this game, so get back to the game"

You are starting to look like the Best option.