def

The Cosplay Party- A Eurobricks Mafia School Game

15098257209_39f230c9dc_o.png

Want to play mafia on Eurobricks but have no experience? Already a player, but want to play a simple, no frills mafia game? This is your chance.

Anybody can play, but you must be willing to be online daily for the course of the game, which will occur over most of October.

Post here with your desire to play, as well as if you are a male or a female character.

Looking forward to some new blood!

If ever you need more people by the end of sign ups I would not mind playing; I'll give precedence to the newer players though.

If ever you need more people by the end of sign ups I would not mind playing; I'll give precedence to the newer players though.

The number of players will be equal to those who apply.I don't see it ballooning to 30 or anything.

I'm in... been waiting for a Mafia School for a bit.

P.S. - I suppose I'll play a male character. :classic:

I wouldn't mind giving mafia a try if you need people. Despite being male, you can seriously toss me a male or female character and I'll run with either, I really don't care all that much. :tongue:

I really need to learn after blowing it on red mafia last time. I will happily play as long as there are openings! To those that haven't played, you want in on this!!

Edit: being male would be my preference :classic:

Edited by jluckhaupt

If you fail this game, you can't play anymore? If so, I won't join but if it isn't that way, I will join! :classic: I would also like to be a male character. I really need some practice on this mafia type of games, I want to see how I can improve too.

So far, it's:

1. PirateDave

2. Stickfig

3. Captain Settle

4. Kintober

5. Lind Whisperer

6. jamesn

7. Pyrovisionary

8. jluckhaupt

9. TheLazyChicken

10. mostlytechnic

Signups will be open for a week or two, to make sure we avoid people posting things like, "I missed the last mafia school game! When's the next one?!" since Mafia School is about twice a year.

I will join this game; I have no preference as to the gender of my character.

Edited by Scaevola

I'm up for this if you still need people, I definitely need help after the last game.

Gender is your choice as I've played both.

1. PirateDave m

2. Stickfig m

3. Captain Settle m

4. Kintober m/f

5. Lind Whisperer m/f

6. jamesn m

7. Pyrovisionary m/f

8. jluckhaupt m

9. TheLazyChicken m

10. mostlytechnic m/f

11. Scavola m/f

12. Adventurer1 m/f

13. Lord Duvors m

14. Xenophobic Monoxide m

I could also sign up for a Mafia School (if approved) because it could be fun with an easier game to improve my skills and the other fact I suck :wink: .

And gender to play doesn´t matter.

I could also sign up for a Mafia School (if approved) because it could be fun with an easier game to improve my skills and the other fact I suck :wink: .

And gender to play doesn´t matter.

Not necessarily, but I had a hard time pretending to be the "giddy schoolgirl" I was assigned. In fact, my role caused my day 1 lynch.

I'd very much like to play. I feel like it was about time I tried to play a Mafia game, it sounds fun. Gender doesn't matter to me.

Alright, 16 is enough for a healthy game. We can take a few more players (hint hint, anyone out there who wants to give it a shot). I'll keep this open till the end of the month.

1. PirateDave sd

2. Stickfig m

3. Captain Settle m

4. Kintober m/f

5. Lind Whisperer m/f

6. jamesn m

7. Pyrovisionary m/f

8. jluckhaupt m

9. TheLazyChicken m

10. mostlytechnic m/f

11. Scavola m/f

12. Adventurer1 m/f

13. Lord Duvors m

14. Xenophobic Monoxide m

15. mencot m/f

16. Cutcobra m/f

Before we start, let's talk about what you folks want in the game. I haven't set up any roles or anything yet. I'm going to describe this as though you all know nothing about mafia (since I have no idea what experience new players have).

There should be a roughly 3:1 town:scum ratio, which would be 12 town, 4 scum. With that, roles would be, loosely:

Town

-doctor (protects from kill each night)

-cop (investigates whether a player is town or scum)

-blocker (prevents a player from using a night action)

-9 vanillas (no night action)

Scum

-Godfather (reads as town to the cop, no night action)

-2 Goons (one of which must perform a night kill)

-blocker (same as towns)

At 16 players, that's a pretty plain set up, and to be honest, the one I'd recommend. It would normally last about 4-5 game days.

If you wanted to add a serial killer (very common in EB games), I can, but that would weigh things to the town or scum. Since the SK is most likely to kill town (roughly 3:1) I would make it 12 town, 3 scum, 1 SK. But, scum would get an extra role (maybe a role cop of sorts, to confirm if someone has a night action) and town might get a weak doctor to prevent the SK kill, or a psychiatrist to 'cure' the SK, or a one-shot vig.

That would complicate things a fair bit without being outrageous. Any opinion on how simple of a game you'd like to play?

I'm fine with a good basic game with just the 'usual' roles (no SK) but I can see how it may be beneficial to expose the newcomers to the SK role early on as it is very likely they will encounter one in their first (or early) game as it's so common to have one. Learning how to manage the role or spot the SK could be beneficial.