Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

Voodoo Head heads

So, with the

, I got inspired and designed two System-based Voodoo Head heads that could be used on replicas of the prototypes themselves, or custom Voodoo Heads.

Click the head of your choice for more pictures and parts inventories.

17060970158_2a9745c039_c.jpg

Skinny head

17248191071_00a477bdc7_c.jpg

Bulkier head

If anyone wants to use these heads in their own creations, or has even designed heads of their own design, feel free to share them here! Maybe we can start our own tribe on Voodoo island :classic:

Edited by LewiMOC

Not sure which i like better, though gravitating to the first one due to eye eyes and the second one due to the bulkyness.

Any chance of having the middle version of the bulky second version with the head and eyes of the first? :3

Any chance of having the middle version of the bulky second version with the head and eyes of the first? :3

It'd be easy to give the second one eyes like the second - just replace the 1x3 plates with 1x2 plates and you'll have space for the lamp bricks :)

That didn't take long.

Nice though. They have a lot of character.

Thanks!

Edited by LewiMOC

Those are very... creepy, but awesome at the same time. :P

Well, the originals weren't exactly warm and happy :P

Also, any chance you are going to try replicating some of the Voodoo Head builds in the video, would be interested to see the walker...

It'd be easy to give the second one eyes like the second - just replace the 1x3 plates with 1x2 plates and you'll have space for the lamp bricks :)

Ah ok :3

Also, any chance you are going to try replicating some of the Voodoo Head builds in the video, would be interested to see the walker...

The first head was an attempt at the generic head design that quite a few of them shared. But, I may have a go at replicating some of the others, sure!

This is sweet. May need to order some bricks just so I can have some Doo Heads.

And then MoC with them of course. I'm all on board with calling the Doo Heads Great Beings.

This is sweet. May need to order some bricks just so I can have some Doo Heads.

And then MoC with them of course. I'm all on board with calling the Doo Heads Great Beings.

No need for it, just use LDD.

Thanks for the head Lewi.

zh45jVD.png

Larger res: http://i.imgur.com/iIt2eRC.png

Edited by GK733

I think I see why they were scrapped, those things are creepy! Although in a kinda cool way. Really like the mocs seen here. Now if anyone could do that motorized thing with the chains...

Well, here's my first custom Voodoo Head: SWORDS! Great name eh?

17258634225_1e407ed728_c.jpg16638417423_e0e196667d_c.jpg

Tried to go with period-appropriate parts and recolours (except for in the head of course), and of course built him in a similar style to the rest. I'd imagine he'd be a little flimsy IRL, however.

Edited by LewiMOC

Well, here's my first custom Voodoo Head: SWORDS! Great name eh?

17258634225_1e407ed728_c.jpg16638417423_e0e196667d_c.jpg

Tried to go with period-appropriate parts and recolours (except for in the head of course), and of course built him in a similar style to the rest. I'd imagine he'd be a little flimsy IRL, however.

Well, it's not like the original names were more creative: "Kick" and "Axe", anyone? :grin:

Is there a way to make a Doo Head head out of pure Technic instead of bricks? I got an idea for a self-MOC.

Edited by MonkeyChud

I just watched the video and figured to post here, very interesting concepts, I would love to see more technic in gen 2 Bio. *Sigh* It's still really cool to see what my childhood hobby actually evolved from.

My favorite Doohead was the googly-eyed punchy guy.

Yeah, he was called Kick. No, I'm not joking, the guy who punched people was called Kick.

I just watched the video and figured to post here, very interesting concepts, I would love to see more technic in gen 2 Bio. *Sigh* It's still really cool to see what my childhood hobby actually evolved from.

We already have more technic on smaller and medium sets than... well ever before. If the rumors about of only one of them having a gearbox on winter wave I'd bet they have some awesome functions to make up to it.

I'm confused here, where were all of the Slizer's and Throwbots in all of this? Were those themes just made to be temporary from the beginning? Like an appetizer?

I'm confused here, where were all of the Slizer's and Throwbots in all of this? Were those themes just made to be temporary from the beginning? Like an appetizer?

Three years is usually the limit for a theme, and many go for less. Heck, Voodoo Heads was apparently conceived as a "flash-in-the-pan" theme, and BIONICLE was initially planned for a single year. Throwbots went for two years, which is not at all bad.

Roboriders, however, was, I believe, a placeholder, mandated when Dooheads/BIONICLE took longer than expected (perhaps as a result of Faber's inspiration.)