Simon_S

Mount Up! Big Battle Bambi

You know, Mitgardians might have wolves, bulls or chobos to ride on, Kaliphlinites have their armadillos, Nocturnus their worms and snakes, but we in Avalonia have our...

Big Battle Bambi

The Big Battle Bambi is related to the usual deer, and is only found rarely in the avalonian forests. The difference: it's way larger than the other ones. Simon of Nalderic, the bravest of all Avalonians (which is again the bravest folk in historica, so he basically is also the bravest man of all people in historica) managed to capture and train one. Now he rides on it and with its help he will seize the lordship over the whole world!

14597966208_b163971461_c.jpg

14761610516_b253afbb51_c.jpg

14598094297_ed7deedbc9_c.jpg

I hope you like it and thanks for looking :wink:.

Simon

That's so pretty Simon, but it doesn't look like an animal you would see on the front lines. :thumbup: Edited out.

Edited by lego3364

Great entry Simon, I like the way you did the antlers, and it is instantly recognizable from the brick build :thumbup:

Good job building those legs, they look just right for a deer. And great job on that base! Though, your ambitions seem a little lofty. Conquering the entire world? Talk like that will get stabbed by a drow!

That deer looks really good!

That's so pretty Simon, but it doesn't look like an animal you would see on the front lines. :thumbup:

It would make for excellent venison!

Love the eyes and the baldric. Great work here, Simon. Would love to see a wing of these guys in similar fitting riding out of a misty wood.

Nice little build, very cool design and nicely detailed! Can Simon also hook up a sleigh and delivery toys during the winter to all the good little kids in Historica? :laugh:

That's so pretty Simon, but it doesn't look like an animal you would see on the front lines. :thumbup:

Man, have you never seen a deer attack a person, like in a video or something? Frightening.

Great brick-built creature, Simon, and excellent work with the landscaping too :sweet:

Congrats on getting it front-paged :wink:

Man, have you never seen a deer attack a person, like in a video or something? Frightening.

Can't say I have. :classic:

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up. :look:

Yeah Congrats!

Edited by lego3364

I don't get to this section of the boards often, but builds like that will make me a fan pretty quick! Well done, that looks fantastic! I especially like the horns, legs, and scenic base. Very well put together scene.

I don't get to this section of the boards often, but builds like that will make me a fan pretty quick!

This whole sub forum is filled to the Gil's with this kind of stuff man! A break for LotR does a body good.

Hilariously fantastic! Time to set a hunting party to grab her mom

Haha, thank you :classic:.

Those horns look great... Amazing job Simon

Thanks Gunman!

That's so pretty Simon, but it doesn't look like an animal you would see on the front lines. :thumbup: Edited out.

Thank you!

Very cool entry simon, I love the horns!

Thanks mate :classic:.

Great entry Simon, I like the way you did the antlers, and it is instantly recognizable from the brick build :thumbup:

Thank you Scaevola. I also like the look of them, but I don't like how fraglie they are :laugh:.

Good job building those legs, they look just right for a deer. And great job on that base! Though, your ambitions seem a little lofty. Conquering the entire world? Talk like that will get stabbed by a drow!

Thank you, the legs were the most difficult part, so I'm happy you like them. You really think it's "a little lofty"? I mean, it's still Simon of Nalderic, the bravest warrior in Historica :wink:.

That deer looks really good!

It would make for excellent venison!

Thank you.

Love the eyes and the baldric. Great work here, Simon. Would love to see a wing of these guys in similar fitting riding out of a misty wood.

Thanks mate. Yeah, it would be cool to build a whole army of them.

Awesome stuff Simon! Love the base especially, actually!

Thanks LV!

Nice little build, very cool design and nicely detailed! Can Simon also hook up a sleigh and delivery toys during the winter to all the good little kids in Historica? :laugh:

Thanks ME. Also, thanks for the idea :laugh:.

Great brick-built creature, Simon, and excellent work with the landscaping too :sweet:

Thank you. I think it's actually my first build that made it to there. Yeehaw!

Can't say I have. :classic:

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up. :look:

Yeah Congrats!

Haha, I also haven't seen it before.

Thats funny and awesome at once :wink: Can you also make a wolf?

Thanks. Of course I could, but wolves are too stereotypic for mounts and they fit better in Mitgardia than Avalonia...

I don't get to this section of the boards often, but builds like that will make me a fan pretty quick! Well done, that looks fantastic! I especially like the horns, legs, and scenic base. Very well put together scene.

You should definitely come here more often. It's great and you improve your building skills so fast.

This whole sub forum is filled to the Gil's with this kind of stuff man! A break for LotR does a body good.

Yes, I totally agree.

Could've sworn I'd commented in this! Looks great, I looove the idea and you nailed it! The colors are great too.

Thanks mate!

Great build! I love the idea and the antlers are quite well done. :thumbup:

Thanks mate

Sweet build Simon, the horns and shape of the head are spot on! The posing is great too, although i feel like the stick legs are a touch spindley. (But legs are haaard, so i totes get it as a solution :wink: ) Congrats on being frontpaged! :classic:

Love it, Simon! The horns are great, and the saddle and helm make it look like an official mount, as opposed to some random wrangled animal.

How stable are the leg connections? I'd probably want to rip my hair out placing them in perfect position with my big, fat fingers!

Congrats on the front page spot!

Sweet build Simon, the horns and shape of the head are spot on! The posing is great too, although i feel like the stick legs are a touch spindley. (But legs are haaard, so i totes get it as a solution :wink: ) Congrats on being frontpaged! :classic:

Thanks Gabe. I also didn't know how to do them, so I looked at real deers and this was the solution which fitted the proportions still the best. Thanks :classic:.

Love it, Simon! The horns are great, and the saddle and helm make it look like an official mount, as opposed to some random wrangled animal.

How stable are the leg connections? I'd probably want to rip my hair out placing them in perfect position with my big, fat fingers!

Congrats on the front page spot!

Thanks Jason! The legs aren't really stable, but they're still better than the antlers. Photographing the MOC wasn't a problem because of stabilty, but I wouldn't want to take it to a convention. Thanks :classic: