VBBN

Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion

Offiical Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion Topic

Sets:

Agori:

Metus

[Picture]

Seeker of champions!

Fast-talking and smart, Metus dreams of finding a Glatorian to fight and win for his ice tribe in the Atero arena. Armed with an ice axe and shield, he searches Bara Magna for just such a fighter and is ready to meet any challenge!

• Fully articulated limbs allow you to pose your ice element Agori Bionicle for work, battle or display!
  • Send him into battle with the Ice tribe Glatorian #8982 Strakk!
  • Measures 5" (12cm) tall!

Raanu

[Picture]

Wise leader of Vulcanus!

Raanu might seem harsh, but this village leader has to be tough to help the people of Vulcanus survive in a dangerous world. Armed with a fire blade and shield, Raanu is smart enough to know what it takes to win in the arena.

• Fully articulated limbs allow you to pose your fire element Agori Bionicle for work, battle or display!
  • Send him into battle with his allied Glatorian #8979 Malum!
  • Measures 5" (12cm) tall!

Zesk

Tarduk

Atakus

Berix

Glatorian:

Edited by VBBN

Okay, since this news has been floating around the 2008 topic, I figure we should make a sepertae topic for it. Here is what we have so far:

Glatorians.

Vastus.

And their will be a childs book.

That's all We have so far. Thanks to Tyranide for the info. Discuss here.

More infos:

There will be 2 story books (which might be longer than past books) in summer, 3 kids book throughout the year.

The story starts in the middle of the 2008 ending.

There will be a 2001-2008 character who plays a central role in 2009 (I wouldn't be surprised if Greg says it's Mata Nui).

At least we'll see the Matoran universe in the 2009 serial.

Bionicle 2009 is different than other years.

There'll also be a new movie.

But more info I have not.

There will be a 2001-2008 character who plays a central role in 2009 (I wouldn't be surprised if Greg says it's Mata Nui).

I wouldn't be suprised if it was a Toa all Turaga-ized... an old mentor / storyteller type character.

I'm thinking that might be possible as well - especially since I'm also begining to think that Takanuva's destiny at the end of 2008 will be to turn into a turaga. :classic:

I wouldn't be suprised if it was a Toa all Turaga-ized... an old mentor / storyteller type character.
I'm thinking that might be possible as well - especially since I'm also begining to think that Takanuva's destiny at the end of 2008 will be to turn into a turaga. :classic:

Actually, Greg has stated:

7. Will we know of Takanuvas destiny by the end of the year?

7) I think not, most likely, as I have future plans for him beyond 2008

So yeah. Takanuva next year.

It doesn't take place on the Red Star.

It doesn't take place on the Surface.

I think it was confirmed that the residents could see the Red Star from where they are, but not too sure.

That's all I've got.

I heard that Bionicle was going to go back to it's roots in 2009, after 08's "final battle". As an alienated Bionicle fan I hope it's true. What's the story on this?

It doesn't take place on the Surface.

I don't believe that this was confirmed.

I heard that Bionicle was going to go back to it's roots in 2009, after 08's "final battle". As an alienated Bionicle fan I hope it's true. What's the story on this?

I don't believe that this was confirmed.

Actually, the comment about "Bionicle going back to it's roots" was made by Greg F himself. He said that you can expect "the sense of mystery from coming to a new place for the first time," much like Bionicle first was back in 2001. He also said that it's gonna be different, so be prepared. :wink:

He also said that it's gonna be different, so be prepared. :wink:

Oh no, the fan bitching in the future is already casting ripples down the timestream...my ears...MY EARS! :tongue:

Not from me. Personally I think Bionicle has gotten really, really stupid, and any change from this point forward can only be an improvement.

Edited by Algernon

i can't agree more :thumbup:

:wink:

(Algernon just won a quote of the year award and would like persmission to go in ma sig)

i do expect ol' Taks to be in next year, he is the main character of bionicle :classic:

Not really.

i can't agree more :thumbup:

(Algernon just won a quote of the year award and would like persmission to go in ma sig)

Go ahead. :P

Takanuva is NOt returning next year as a turaga. I asked greg, and there will be no matoran universe in 2009.

yeah i know its not set in mata nu, dont mean taks cant appear

i think this will happen

2008 ends on a cliff hanger and then we jump onto a new story in a new place with new peeps, (but Taks might be there for a reason we dont know) and as this new story goes on we learn what happenend at the end of the final battle, get what im saying?

i wouldnt worry we wont get one i dunno who would buy it at that price :laugh:

well maybe not in scale anyway :thumbup:

Nooo, no Mata-Nui set plz. I preferred him as a rock.

Well you're in luck, because that's exactly what he is.

Yeah - a rock that also happens to be the Matoran Universe. Which means there's no way that he'll ever be a set. :wink:

Edited by Grevious

Don't underestimate LEGO when it comes to screwing up their own storyline for the sake of what will sell.