Orion123

Lego Lord Of The Rings sets ideas

I don't know if there's any other topic about this so if there is can someone merge this with it? Anyway, I came up with the set ideas for The Lord Of The Rings sets (If they ever make it) a while ago and finally decided to post them. Here you go:

Wave 1:

Balins tomb: Includes a dwarf sized skeleton, tomb, Frodo, Gimli, Aragorn, Gandalf, 6 orcs and cave troll in a room with pilars, rocks, a balcony, and a well. $70

Amon Hen: Includes The crumbling castle thing, A bunch of trees, Aragorn, Boramir, Lurtz, 7 Uruk Hai, Legolas, and Gimli. $ 60

Warg Ambush: Includes 3 wargs and 3 riders, 3 horses, King Theoden, Rohan swordsman, and Aragorn, and a green 12 x 12 baseplate. $ 20

Uruk Hai Camp: Includes Merry, Pippen, Grishnakh, Ugluk, 2 orcs, 3 Uruk Hai, 3 Rohan men, Eomer, and Treebeard. $ 30

The Black Gate: Includes The Black Gate, 10 orcs, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Gandalf, Merry, Pippen, 2 rohan men, troll, and 2 Gondor men. $80

Osgiliath: Includes Osgiliath, 6 orcs on rowboats, Gothmog, Faramir, and 4 Gondor men. $40

The Caves: Includes a bunch of rocks, Bilbo, and Gollum. $10

Wave 2:

Weathertop: Includes the weathertop, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippen, Aragorn, and 7 Ringwraiths. $30

The Bree: Includes: Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippen, Bartender, some men, all inside the Bree. $20

The Tunnels of Osgiliath: Includes the tunnels as an add on to Osgiliath From the first wave, Frodo, Sam, Gollum, a Ringwraith on a Fell Beast, and 2 Gondorian Men. $30

The White Wizard: Includes a bunch of Trees, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf. $15

Rohirrim Battle Pack: Includes 5 Rohan Swordsmen. $10

Gondor Battle Pack: Includes 5 Gondor Swordsmen. $10

Orc Battle Pack: Includes 5 Orcs and a troll. $10

Uruk Hai Battle Pack: Includes a swordsmen, a crossbowmen, 3 scouts and a berserker. $10

Shelob’s Lair: Includes a tunnel filled with webs, Frodo, Gollum, Sam and Shelob. $30

Cirith Ungol: Includes the tower, 5 orcs, a mostly naked Frodo, and Sam. $30

Turned to Stone: Includes Bilbo, 5 Dwarves, and 3 trolls. $20

Wave 3:

Moria: Includes the entrance, with The Giant squid thing, The great hall, the bridge of kazad dum, the balrog, Legolas, Borimir, Merry, Pippen, Sam, 4 orcs, and the Balrog. $100 (Connects with Balins Tomb)

Lothlorien: Includes Lothlorien, Galadriel, Aragorn, Frodo, Legolas, 4 Elves, and 6 Orcs. $50

Helms Deep: Includes Helms Deep, 7 Rohan crossbowmen, 4 Elven swordsmen, Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Theoden, and 10 Uruk Hai. $90

The Last March Of The Ents: Includes Orthanc, Merry, Pippen, Saruman, Wormtongue, Treebeard, 5 Ents, 10 Orcs, and the floodgate. $150

Mount Doom: Includes Mount Doom, Frodo, Sam, Gollum, and the Barad-dûr (Room inside has Sauron). $90

Minas Tirith: Includes Minas Tirith, The Peleanor Fields, the docks, boats, Gandalf, Merry, Pippen, Disguised Eowyn, Eomer, The Witch-King Of Agamar, King Theoden, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli,

Denothor, Faramir, Gothmog, 30 Orcs, 12 Gondorian Soldiers, 11 Rohirrem Soldiers, 14 horses, 15 of the Army Of The Dead, 13 Civilians, 3 Mumikil, Grond, a Fell Beast, and 1 Warg. $300

The Last Alliance: Includes 9 Elves, 9 Men, 18 orcs, Isildur, Elendil, Sauron, and Elrond on a grey 12 x 12 baseplate with a bunch of rocks. $80

Smaug’s Lair: Includes Bilbo, Smaug, a bunch of tresures, and a tunnel. $50

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

Orion Out :skull:

While these are great ideas, your set size/minifig count to price ratio is way off. Lego would never release an $80 set with 20 minifigures. Lego has released very few sets with 20 figures. The only one I can think of was the Minifigure scale Death Star, and that was $400. That Minas Tirith set would A) never be released and B) if it was, would be around $1000 dollars.

I understand that these are sets that you would want, but these are sets that we would never get (at least the way they are). If I were you, I would review all of these, and considerably reduce the number of minifigs you have listed for each set. The most would probably be 20, and that would be for Minas Tirith, Helm's Deep, or The Black Gate.

Edited by SWMAN

Very good idea, but I find that if TLC were to start a brand new line, they'd have to start off with small sets like they did with Indy and test the waters to see if the franchise would work.

P.S. I think this could be moved to the history+adventure forum.

Seems to me your going to have to MOC all these sets yourself. I am a huge Tolkien fan and would have loved Lego to have had that license but at this point they have given us everything we really need through the castle line (with the exception of elves - which ofcourse they will) to do LOR MOC. I'd love to see someone start producing some large scale LOR MOC's. What Lego would have produced for these sets would have never been able to satify the AFOL community.

While these are great ideas, your set size/minifig count to price ratio is way off. Lego would never release an $80 set with 20 minifigures. Lego has released very few sets with 20 figures. The only one I can think of was the Minifigure scale Death Star, and that was $400. That Minas Tirith set would A) never be released and B) if it was, would be around $1000 dollars.

Lol, a minifig scale death star would't be a big as the moon

that death star where you are talking about is the deathstar play set! :tongue:

anyway, i would't never come treu.

but nice idea

It's a good idea, but I don't think it'll happen. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan, and I wish they would make these, but it just won't happen. Lego is more likely to make Eargon stuff.

Lol, a minifig scale death star would't be a big as the moon

that death star where you are talking about is the deathstar play set! :tongue:

anyway, i would't never come treu.

but nice idea

I know I am referring to the Death Star play set. It is minifigure scale. You can play with it using your minifigures. The previous ones had been UCS sets, but this one was made to play with.

I was not giving a new idea. I was referring to the current Death Star with minifigures.

Dwarfinator. I don't think Lego would make Eragon stuff over Lord of the Rings. While the Eragon books are popular, only one movie was made and it got terrible reviews. I think it's unlikely they will make more of them. However, Lord of the Rings is popular in both book and movie form, with the movies being more popular today. They would make huge money off of LOTR.

Edited by SWMAN

Nice set ideas but it is not going to happen :sceptic:

I have made more MOCs based on LOTR then any other theme as I can recall.

Did they ever attempt to make Lord Of The Rings Lego?

The way Lego sets are, with Minas Tirith we would get maybe 2 gondorians. All we could hope for (if we even GOT lotr) is maybe a small set with 5 minifigs and low cost that could be used for battlepacks. But I doubt we are getting the liscense. I hope so...

jifel

Dwarfinator. I don't think Lego would make Eragon stuff over Lord of the Rings. While the Eragon books are popular, only one movie was made and it got terrible reviews. I think it's unlikely they will make more of them. However, Lord of the Rings is popular in both book and movie form, with the movies being more popular today. They would make huge money off of LOTR.

That's true. The movie was terrible. Even if they were going to make some, it would probably end up like the Avatar line.

As a Hobbit license is far more likely [it having not come out almost a decade ago, it being a guaranteed box office hit, and it being aimed at children, as opposed to LoTR], here's my ideas for two years of Hobbit-y goodness -

Year One

An Unexpected Party - A long table, wall section with a round door and window, accessories, and Bilbo, Gandalf, and Thorin. Think Jungle Duel in the Shire, sort of. Small set.

Travels through Wilderland - A cart with pony and flickfire catapult, Fili and Kili [identical apart from recolored helmets], Dain and two Wargs. Around $15.

Gollum's Cave - A brick-built rock with little compartment feature, a cave shore with walls and maybe a few stalagmites, and Gollum and Bilbo. About $20.

The White Council - A big dais with white trees, sort of like what the Council of Elrond looked like. This is more of a fig party, as it features Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Galadriel, Elrond and Cirdan. $40. Kind of like the Army of Vikings, parts-count wise. Maybe a little guard tower with an Eagle perch.

Out of the Frying Pan - A forest [two trees] with three trolls, a fire, a minifig-sized frying pan, and a big brick-built rock that reveals treasure [coins, a crown, and a new sword mold for Sting, possibly a GITD piece]. Includes Bilbo, and Dori and Nori in addition to the trolls. $60.

Into the Fire - A sort of 'two-sided' set. One side is the Great Goblin's cave, with rocks, an orc-y standard, and a door to the other side. The other side is the edge of Mirkwood, with trees [maybe some sort of feature that makes the trees look like they're burning], a goblin fire-cart, and a perch for Eagles, with a catapult to send them flying. Includes the Great Goblin, Gandalf, Gloin, Bilbo, Thorin, an orc, and an Eagle. $80-100.

Year Two

Beorn's Manor - Another long table, one or two apiary things, a new donkey mold. Includes Beorn, Bombur [new fat person mold, attaches like a cape], and Bilbo. Small scale set.

Barrels out of Bond - A portcullis that drops into the water, a little chute to send barrels out of, and a trap door. Similar in layout to Chuchilla Cemetery Battle. Includes Bilbo, Balin, and Dwalin, as well as 3 barrels. Around $15.

Spiders of Mirkwood - Two trees, with a bunch of connection points for the spiders and webbing. Includes a web trap to catch minifigs in. Includes Thorin, Bifur, Bofur, and two brick-built spiders. Around $20.

The Forestking's Palace - The palace itself is sort of like the bunker from the Battle of Endor set. Includes a banquet hall, prison, and guard tower. Includes Bilbo, Ori and Oin in the prison, Thranduil, and Lego-las! Around $40.

The Battle of Dol Guldur - A classic Lego dark fortress, but with all the weird curves and spikes of Mordor. Sort of like Scorpion Prison Cave. Includes a catapult to besiege it with, and a feature to make the fortress crumble when some pins are removed. Inside the fortress, there should be a laboratory. Includes Gandalf, the King of the Eagles, one orc, one zombie, and the Necromancer [he needs a zombie].

The Lonely Mountain - A great, open-up mountain, similiar to what's in Volcano Base but bigger, with one or two doors [including the secret door as a play feature]. A couple tan plates attached to it give the owner space to make a great Battle of Five Armies. Includes Smaug, Thorin, Gandalf, two Orcs, Bard and a generic Man of Dale, and two Bilbos, normal Bilbo and a trans-clear invisible Bilbo [used to sell the set]. Has to be big and grand. Around $100.

This way, a fig-hungry AFOL needs all the sets to get all the figs, as all thirteen dwarves are in different sets.

While a Hobbit License would be great, it doesn't offer the big battles that the LOTR does. However, a Hobbit license could lead into a LOTR one.

Some great ideas. I would love a lego Galadriel.

Maybe Lego could go back to a classic castle theme and have a fantasy LOTR as well. ( A vain hope i know )

What about Bag End ? That would be cool and its the start of the adventures.

I have another set idea:

Pie in the Sky Contains 12 bajillion orcs and 5 gajillion elves and some complimentary LSD. RRP $12.50

:sing:

While a Hobbit License would be great, it doesn't offer the big battles that the LOTR does. However, a Hobbit license could lead into a LOTR one.

I gotta say, I beg to differ - assuming that we're counting the Hobbit and the White Council as one thing [like what'll be done for the two Hobbit movies], Lord of the rings only really edges out by one big battle. Lord of the Rings has Helm's Deep, the battle of the Pelennor, and the Black Gate. The Hobbit has ousting Sauron from Mirkwood and the Battle of Five Armies [more factions than any other battle listed]. What would be best for battles, IMO, would be a Silmarillion license, but that never gonig to happen :tongue:

Pie in the Sky Contains 12 bajillion orcs and 5 gajillion elves and some complimentary LSD. RRP $12.50

Is it being marketed as a battlepack or a gateway drug?

Edited by hewkii9

Very appealing ideas, but the prices are far too optimistic.

This has to be the #1 most desired Lego licence amongst fans that I've seen.

As a huge LOTR fan I have thought about LEGO LOTR many times myself.

I enjoyed reading your list of set ideas and many of those ideas have also crossed my mind.

However, as many other people have discussed, most of these sets would just be way to massive to be made in minifigure scale (at least at a reasonable price). I was thinking that sets like Helmsdeep, which would be too big to be released as one set, should be release as multiple, smaller sets. Helmsdeep would become:

Helmsdeep Gate Defence: Includes Helmsdeep's main gate with stone projectiles, the stone ramp leading up to it and the hidden door in the wall next to the gate. Minifigures: 2 Rohan peasant warriors, 3 Uruk engineers with battering ram and 1 urukhai warrior. -$35

The Deeping wall: Includes a section of the deeping wall and a mechanism that makes a section of the wall explode. Minifigures: 1 uruk engineer carrying large metal explosive, 1 uruk crossbowman, 1 uruk berserker with ladder, Legolas and Gimli. -$35

The Hornburg: Includes the main keep and courtyard outside of the keep with statues, the tower of the hornburg, the secondary walls around the courtyard, and a small armory with weapons. Minifigures: King Theodon, Aragorn, 2 riders of rohan, 4 horses, 1 uruk engineer with ballista, 3 urukhai warriors. -$100

The Glittering Caves: Includes section of the glittering caves on an 8 by 16 baseplate (with lots of shiny crystals), and supply crate with food. Minifigures: Eowyn, Rohan child. -$10

Rohan Battle Pack: Includes Gandalf, Shadowfax, Eomer on horseback, 1 Rider of Rohan, 1 Rohan bowman, 1 rohan peasant warrior, and supply crate w/ tent. -$20

Urukhai battlepack: Includes 1 Uruk berserker, 3 urukhai warriors, 2 uruk crossbowman, 1 uruk engineer, supply crate with weapons, Isengard banner. -$20

Grand total: $220

However with this approach many of the sets on your list would have to be cut. It is a shame that LEGO LOTR will probably never happen; it would be the perfect combination. By the way, I think I remember seeing a megabloks LOTR set several years ago at TRU; it was really pathetic.

Your ideas are all great but sadly I just can't see a LoTR license for Lego in the foreseeable. Especially without a current movie or animated series to support it. Maybe when the Hobbit movies are released? If it does come to pass then I suspect the set prices and brick counts will be more like what you get with Lego Star Wars.

I know I am referring to the Death Star play set. It is minifigure scale. You can play with it using your minifigures. The previous ones had been UCS sets, but this one was made to play with.

I was not giving a new idea. I was referring to the current Death Star with minifigures.

it isn't minifig scale, the UCS falcon is minifig scale

that death star ISN'T MINIFIG SCALE its a PLAYSET

Anyway LotR will never be a theme from TLC because its about war.

Anyway LotR will never be a theme from TLC because its about war.

What about Star Wars? And Castle? And isn't agents like the war between good and evil? Same with Harry Potter!

Edited by Orion123

What about Star Wars? And Castle? And isn't agents like the war between good and evil? Same with Harry Potter!

ye, but LotR is from a movie and in the movie ia a lot of violance and blood AND LotR is scary for kids aged 0-9/10

star wars is violance but no blood

castle and agents are just themes

(agents is like james bond)

and they don't make any HP lego anymore

ye, but LotR is from a movie and in the movie ia a lot of violance and blood AND LotR is scary for kids aged 0-9/10

Why do they have to base it off the movie? The book isn't all that gory.

Remember that scene in a new hope? In the cantina? Obi Wan slices that guys arm off. There's a pool of blood and an arm on the floor. Aren't there a bunch of people with arms cut off?

Anakin

Luke

Vader

Cantina Guy

Mace Windu (Or however it's spelled, I lost interest in star wars.)

Count Dukou (again spelling)

etc

Sorry for getting off topic just wanted to point that out :tongue:

in star wars is just one time blood thats ad the cantina

You obviously don't know a lot about Lord of the Rings if you think that the only thing it's about is war and violence. :laugh:

If LOTR became a LEGO theme, which it most likely won't (but who knows, with the end of the starwars lisense and the hobbit movies coming out), TLC would definitly down-grade the violence, just like they did with starwars.

But anyway, lets try to keep this thread on topic. :classic: