Sign in to follow this  
Clone Commander

Secret Agent Man!

Hey everybody I was just wondering if any of you people that like action LEGO would like a James Bond theme for Lego. Some possible sets could be the boat chase scene from Live and Let Die, and the car chase from the beginning of Quantom of Solace. What are your opnions on this idea?

Yeah, it would be nice, but Agents are pretty close. I'm pretty sure there's a thread discussing the similarities somewhere.

It was concluded that Agents was styled after many spy films and thus after James Bond, the original super spy.

James Bond is a bit too adult for Lego's tastes, so I think that would be out of the question. But Get Smart, that would probably be more their style. Of course it'd be difficult to license a TV series that's been off the air for almost 40 years. Ah, well. We (meaning I) can hope!

Activate the Cone of Silence!

*hums Get Smart theme*

Edited by Capt. Redblade

I like Agents. It's the perfect catch all. It can easily be James Bond. It can be MOD Squad. Mission Impossible. Charlie's Angels. I have been toying with the idea that agents could also be used to come up with some great Dirk Pitt (Dirk Brick) MOC's for those Clive Cussler fans out there of which I am most certainly one!

I think the real question should be, will TLG release an Agents set where Chase wears the dinner jacket from Indy's Shanghai Chase?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=973pb530c01

I think that would be an excellent compromise - I just can't think of what kind of scene/story/idea would justify him wearing it! :laugh:

I don't know if that'll happen. The Agents seem pretty comfortable in their jumpsuits.

How does this even belong in the Action themes forum? :sceptic: If produced, JB would be a licensed theme, not a Lego action theme.

Anyway, I'm not a big JB fan and prefer Agents way over a possible JB theme. :sadnew:

Agents ON! icon10.gif:thumbup:

But Get Smart, that would probably be more their style. Of course it'd be difficult to license a TV series that's been off the air for almost 40 years. Ah, well. We (meaning I) can hope!

Activate the Cone of Silence!

I agree with you on this one, the first line came out just in time with the movie and I was disappointed with the initial sets after seeing the movie.

I agree with you on this one, the first line came out just in time with the movie and I was disappointed with the initial sets after seeing the movie.

I'm lost. Can you explain? :wacko:

The first Agents line was released in June of 2008, and the movie, Get Smart, with Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway, was released then as well; a spy movie in the same month as the spy theme.

Understand now? :wink:

EDIT: Funny, I just remembered the Maxwell Smart reference I used in the RA when my review got passed: "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIIFE!!"

:grin:

Edited by Strikerâ„¢

I'd rather them explain how a Get Smart license would be better. Sorry, I just don't understand how.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Get Smart is silly and funny and almost cartoonlike (Ok, so I can imagine Fuse saying "Missed it by that much") with shoe phones and cones of silence. I have to make one for an Agents HQ.

James Bond is about bedding the female sidekick and hiding guns in opera glasses. The only sequence I can think of that would fit lego is sledding downhill on a cello in its case....

And besides, Get Smart is a cult classic. Do you know just how many people have heard of James Bond? Well, I think it's a safe bet that just as many people have heard of Get Smart. Plus, in Get Smart, the plots are much more absurd and can be resolved in half an hour. And don't even get me started on the characters. (And I mean that in a good way.) Get Smart is the kind of tongue-in-cheek humor you see in all the Lego games. They can turn it into light-hearted whimsy without P.O.'ing any hard core fans. With the other licenses, there'll always be a few critics who don't like that TLG turned a dark Indiana Jones movie into a hilarious, child-friendly entertainment product. I want to see Max's apartment, what with the invisible wall, net in the ceiling, and lamp head-bonker. OK, now I'm tired after all this writing. I'm going to go rewatch How To Succeed in The Spy Business Without Really Trying.

"Shtarker! Ve don't 'aaaahhh' here!"

Edited by Capt. Redblade

I don't think TLC is ready to create Agent 86 quite yet.

From,Go Cubs Go! :grin:

Edited by Go Cubs Go!