Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

AFOL Survey Quarter 4

The LEGO Community Team has shared the AFOL survey Quarter 4 and kindly asked to get feedback from as many as possible (takes only a few minutes).

Here is the link

Thanks for the link.

That was an interesting one and these surveys always set me thinking about joining or starting a LUG myself.

Thanks for the link! Some of the questions were kind of confusing (for instance, for "how many years have you been a part of the LEGO fan community, I put six, because while I've been a fan for over a decade longer, it wasn't until 2006 that I really engaged with other members of the community). Also, I'm surprised how much I've spent on LEGO in the past three months (upwards of $80), though I suppose a lot of that was on a gift card.

I put ten myself as I engaged a lot in the official LEGO forums from about the age of 14 and moved over to AFOL things between 17/18.

Makes me wish again that there was a LUG in upstate NY :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the link, if it wasn't for EB I woud never know where to find these :classic:

Thought this survey was a bit more interesting than some of the others in the past. Definitely AFOL/TFOL focused.

I answered High to the question about value received on purchases in the past three months, but I think they'll take that answer the wrong way -- most of my purchases recently were of sets on clearance!

I answered High to the question about value received on purchases in the past three months, but I think they'll take that answer the wrong way -- most of my purchases recently were of sets on clearance!

I answered "Low" to this question because of the high retail prices for LEGO in Australia. Unfortunately, there was no where to put a comment and have a little rant about this. :hmpf_bad: And the only currency options were USD, GBP or Euro. What about AUD, or at least a drop down box?

On the positive side, it's great that LEGO does take an interest in the AFOL community.

My answers to both volume and value in the past three months were heavily skewed by the VIP Brick Friday Invite-only sale. I spent a good deal of money at the event, had the luxury of paying North American prices AND got 20% off so I really can't complain.

In latter questions, though, it was interesting to discover that there was such a thing as the Maine Coast LUG. Despite living in New England for decades, I'd never heard of them. As it turns out web-wise, they only have a Facebook presence so I shouldn't be surprised that they never pinged on my radar (my personal goal is to be the last person in North America to NOT have a Facebook account).

Thanks for the link. I always partake in these surveys. I think there is a group trying to get a LUG here in Nebraska, so that'd be neat, but so far only can be involved through EB!

We spent a lot on LEGO in the last 3 months, but that was because of double points in October for Christmas..so that number is surprising for sure...

Done.

I think the survey might be skewed somewhat; I spent about US$150 in the last 3 months, yet, that was probably 60% of of the total I spent all year. Maybe a question that asked if this was more or less than a normal amount in that timeframe would have been useful? Who knows...

Also the "value" question was odd, because most of that $150 was deep clearance from non-LEGO Brand stores, yet my purchases the rest of the year were mostly from LEGO Brand stores.

Lastly, it reminds me that I should try harder to contact my "local" (local I think) LUG. Like a post above me, it seems to have little web presence, and I didn't get a response back through their Facebook page. I wonder if any of them are on here?

EDIT: Oh yeah, thinking about what AAnchir said above I agree that I don't understand that question. I put only the time that I followed LEGO online, but I've been an FOL for all my life, with maybe a 20% dark age time period(s) from when I started around 6-8 years old.

Edited by TheWarden

Thanks for the link. My only comment to value would be to weep :( when I convert USD prices to GBP and realise the massive difference :( The UK retail market makes me sad...don't take my Lego away :(