Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

WIPs and Finished MOCs

Hey all, I keep saying that I have stuff I want to show, but really don't have time to do write ups or photo shoots, so I snapped a couple quick pictures last night and uploaded them so I could prove that I really do still build with lego! :P I actually have been busy building my town.... and 2 new ships.

Here is the the finished model shelf, all of these i have yet to show here and I will get a write up in the next month or so of each.

The Shelf

Here is the current ship I am still trying to scrounge up pieces to finish:

she is the Christine

Next is the Governor's Mansion

And then there is the pilot house

And then there is the Harbor Battery, next to it is a random house, and behind it is a still unnamed Brig.

Next is Fort Danielle

Then there is the dockyards (i actually have a photo sesion for this, but need the time to upload and do a writeup story.)

And then there is the evil traders association building.... I have yet to name the traders.... but what would a colonial town be without its profiteers? This is their HQ it Port Danielle and their warehouse. Notice that it is fortified to some extents... just proves they are evil. LOL.

Next we have a bag full of troops that are waiting to be deployed... behind them is another 55 troops awaiting assignment, but you cant see them either lol.

And finally the reason why I haven't done the photo shoots is really lack of space, here you can see a picture durring the construction of the trade building.... my basement is a mess and there is lego everywhere! I am trying to build away the mess... but it seems to be not going anywhere... just when I think I have used a ton of parts.... more appear. You can also see some of my creations are getting overwhelmed by the lego tide... as some of you may recognize my "treetop tower" in the masses of bricks.

anyway just thought I would post and show what I have been up to lately.

You've been quite busy Mr SkaForHire, these WIPs are looking quite interesting!

So what's next for them? How shall you progressed them further?

You've been quite busy Mr SkaForHire, these WIPs are looking quite interesting!

So what's next for them? How shall you progressed them further?

well many of them are complete and they just need pictures... but ultimately they need to be set up in a town setting in a couple months after i complete a good deal of "mundane" buildings to make the rest of the town. and then by the end of summer I am going to have a large battle scene, where depending on my wargamers the future of Port Danielle will be at stake.

I won't give the plot away on why there will a cataclysmic clash in my newly build city just yet (or who will be the two sides clashing), but I will say that my non story line reason is that no matter where I move to for my next semester I will most likely not be able to transport my collection en masse to the new destination. Most of it will have to go into storage. (The funny thing is those pictures are my secondary collection. One day I will have to go snap a shot of my real ship collection at my mom's house.) I am going to destroy the town because its easier to pack away...

so why build it in the first place? because it makes for good pictures, good story, and most important building with lego relieves the stress of school.

Stress relief is always advisable, a bit of relaxation always allows for some rejuvenation. You're so lucky that creating MOCs give you that, as for me its rather the opposite because I'm already creating.

Anyway... As thse WIPs...

Fort Danielle looks like it could use some more development as it appears the flagpole has collapsed X-D and its lacking the all important garission.

You have been very busy Mr. SkaForHire.

Didn't know you had that many pirate MOCs.

Some of these really deserve a thread for themselves.

And I like that bag of troops!!!

Yeah, a thread for each of them would be good, but all of those at once would be too much. Would have been good to have the WIP threads created when creation of the MOCs begun. But alas, time does not always permit for such documentation.

well many of them are complete and they just need pictures... but ultimately they need to be set up in a town setting in a couple months after i complete a good deal of "mundane" buildings to make the rest of the town. and then by the end of summer I am going to have a large battle scene, where depending on my wargamers the future of Port Danielle will be at stake.

I won't give the plot away on why there will a cataclysmic clash in my newly build city just yet (or who will be the two sides clashing), but I will say that my non story line reason is that no matter where I move to for my next semester I will most likely not be able to transport my collection en masse to the new destination. Most of it will have to go into storage. (The funny thing is those pictures are my secondary collection. One day I will have to go snap a shot of my real ship collection at my mom's house.) I am going to destroy the town because its easier to pack away...

so why build it in the first place? because it makes for good pictures, good story, and most important building with lego relieves the stress of school.

Are there any role playing rules you'll using specifically or you're just going to reenact a historic battle?

P

Actually, the flagpole on the fort is not collapsed, it folds up its actually about four different flag poles that go in different directions, shelf size made me fold it up. :)

Now that I think about it, bonapart, I guess I have not posted much in a long time... and probably some people have never seen any of my MOCs lol. I think I have posted four or five here but they were all last year I know that. But I have been busy lately, and plan on giving each one its own write up and thread (probably at a rate of one or two a week starting in a couple weeks)

as for garrisons... well phes you saw the bag!!!! :) I still need more though it seems

Are there any role playing rules you'll using specifically or you're just going to reenact a historic battle?

P

I do game design (or at least used to, mainly board games but some table tops... I have been trying to find funding for launching my company for a couple years now) So I have my own set of rules I have been play testing on and off for a couple years. Brickwars is fun, but i think it needed an extra mile for the hard core gamer. If I can't get my rules squared away in time, i think we may just use a modified brickwars.... and of course with full destruction! also it will probably be squad based with multiple players playing squads against me "dungeon mastering" the whole imperial force. (they will probably play different pirate bands)

For ships (which I am debating doing a "last battle" with them too) I have used Evil Stevies rules... which are quite fun, but I want to work out a more tweaked version of that also. I think cannon caliber and weight would be an interesting add... (which reminds me, anyone remember a thread that debated what size the lego cannon would be if they were to scale? I have been looking for it...)

But if I do a full out battle with my ships this summer I will have to rent a conference room or something.... as I have at least 25 lego hulled ships and many more. I probably actually don't have the minifigs to man those vessels though either lol.

anyway I tend to design stuff that will be useful for war gaming right now since I know its getting messed up later, so I have not been as detail oriented as I have been in the past.

Actually, the flagpole on the fort is not collapsed, it folds up its actually about four different flag poles that go in different directions, shelf size made me fold it up. :)

Now that I think about it, bonapart, I guess I have not posted much in a long time... and probably some people have never seen any of my MOCs lol. I think I have posted four or five here but they were all last year I know that. But I have been busy lately, and plan on giving each one its own write up and thread (probably at a rate of one or two a week starting in a couple weeks)

as for garrisons... well phes you saw the bag!!!! :) I still need more though it seems

I do game design (or at least used to, mainly board games but some table tops... I have been trying to find funding for launching my company for a couple years now) So I have my own set of rules I have been play testing on and off for a couple years. Brickwars is fun, but i think it needed an extra mile for the hard core gamer. If I can't get my rules squared away in time, i think we may just use a modified brickwars.... and of course with full destruction! also it will probably be squad based with multiple players playing squads against me "dungeon mastering" the whole imperial force. (they will probably play different pirate bands)

For ships (which I am debating doing a "last battle" with them too) I have used Evil Stevies rules... which are quite fun, but I want to work out a more tweaked version of that also. I think cannon caliber and weight would be an interesting add... (which reminds me, anyone remember a thread that debated what size the lego cannon would be if they were to scale? I have been looking for it...)

But if I do a full out battle with my ships this summer I will have to rent a conference room or something.... as I have at least 25 lego hulled ships and many more. I probably actually don't have the minifigs to man those vessels though either lol.

anyway I tend to design stuff that will be useful for war gaming right now since I know its getting messed up later, so I have not been as detail oriented as I have been in the past.

My brother and I have looked through Evil Stevie's rules and saw that it needs some tweeking also. :-/

We're trying to come up with something a lot different (i.e. more realistic and more complicated), but with the aid of Microsoft Excel, which i know real well. You should check out rules for Pirate Gaming thread.

Here's the cannon caliber discussion thread. X-D

Holy Smokes!!! 25 lego ships. X-O

Yeah, you should start posting threads on the MOCs *y* definetely.

Maybe update the list of what you have in the your Fleet and Army Listing *y*

It says you only have 8 ships. X-D

P

My brother and I have looked through Evil Stevie's rules and saw that it needs some tweeking also. :-/

We're trying to come up with something a lot different (i.e. more realistic and more complicated), but with the aid of Microsoft Excel, which i know real well. You should check out rules for Pirate Gaming thread.

Here's the cannon caliber discussion thread. X-D

Holy Smokes!!! 25 lego ships. X-O

Yeah, you should start posting threads on the MOCs *y* definetely.

Maybe update the list of what you have in the your Fleet and Army Listing *y*

It says you only have 8 ships. X-D

P

it says eight because thats what I had here, i added 3 more. In my main collection i have around 20... long story short is when I moved out for college, I left my lego behind, and then after a year started to miss it and began to rebuild. I have rebuilt too much lol... i have the hulls and masts to make about 6 more large ships here.... just not enough pieces to build the ships lol. I am moving back home temporarily soon and thats where my ships will collide... both "fleets" lol.

I will take a look at the pirate gaming thread, I think i have read or contributed to it before... also thank you for the cannon link

In the future will you take a picture with the flags unfolded?

In the future will you take a picture with the flags unfolded?

Yeah, I will not in the near future but sometime after graduation in a couple weeks.

Good luck with your graduation then. It will be great to see these MOCs in all their presented glory one day!