SlyOwl

Charyblantis

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 63b

"So thar we were, battlin' the mighty whirlpool for nigh on a full moon, when with a great plop we plunged twenty fathoms down into the depths. But nay, to our surprise we did not die (bar Cannonball Jack, who got etted by a shark), and found ourselves in a strange city full o' golden treasure. Took it all, we did, but pursued we were, by creatures, half men, half fish, half plant. But we fled away, to live and fight another day!"

charyblantis1.jpg

charyblantis2.jpg

charyblantis3.jpg

The name is derived from Charybdis, a whirlpool in Greek mythology, and Atlantis (obviously) :pir-tongue:

That is magnificent! I really like the story and how you worked it out in a MOC. The details are also very nice and the whirlpool effect is good. I also like you creatures. Is it for the "Whale of a Tale" contest?

Do you build your MOCs so well just so they can be put on the frontpage? :pir-laugh:

Great work SlyOwl, :thumbup:

I really like the scene above water, but I love the scene in the ocean. :pir-wub:

Those "water creatures" look really interesting.

But what's up with the shark on the left?

Its teeth are on his head?... :pir-tongue:

Realy stunning creation all togheter. :pir-classic:

Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Great work as usual SlyOwl. I love the details and

half men, half fish, half plant
so the creatures are 1 and a half :pir-laugh: .

Awesome work as usual Sly!

I simply love the flippers on the mer-people and that beautiful jellyfish. Are the flippers attached with rubber bands?

Stunning!

Incredible work as usuaL Slyowl, this must be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com as soon as possible.

You really are a master builder.

I agree with all the above!

This is another incredible piece of work, packed with never-seen-before-techniques and details.

I especially like the atlantis 'natives' with those inventive leggings, the whirlpool, which turned out really good and the ship, the sails and the hull are very nicely done.

Great job, as always! :thumbup:

You Sir, are the king of the two-levels MOCs !

I really love your work and especially the sunken city with all its details.

Holey Moley thats one nice MOC, As usuall you deliver us a perfect Masterpeice

Impressive! I like how you took two great creations and bound them together. A great moc all around, well done!

SlyOwl, you have delivered another excellent MOC, I love the Merpeople, the whole underwater city looks great too. The top level is just as impressive with the nice whirlpool and angled action really delivers the story to the viewer.

Definitely a good idea to have two of each figure when attempting this MOC, not always an easy thing.

Bravo

Thanks all! :pir-sweet:

Is it for the "Whale of a Tale" contest?

Sure thing!

Do you build your MOCs so well just so they can be put on the frontpage? :pir-laugh:

Nope, the frontpage exists for my MOCs :pir-laugh: J/K

But what's up with the shark on the left?

Its teeth are on his head?... :pir-tongue:

I needed a bit of variation, particularly as I don't have any other colour sharks/swordfish/rays/Agents sharks. I wanted to do a hammerhead shark, but dark grey is quite limiting, and I didn't want to put too much effort into it.

Great work as usual SlyOwl. I love the details and so the creatures are 1 and a half :pir-laugh: .

Pirates are renowned for their mathematical prowess :pir-grin:

I simply love the flippers on the mer-people and that beautiful jellyfish. Are the flippers attached with rubber bands?

One flipper fits into each side of the torso, and the elastic band covers up the base the technic pins. The third flipper was an afterthought, as they looked a bit silly with just 2, but the trans supports also hold onto the top of the technic pin on it.

You Sir, are the king of the two-levels MOCs !

It's just to get 2 MOCs in one contest! :pir-wink: It's structurally quite challenging though, and I'd have preferred not to have used the trans clear windows up the side, and have the whole thing resting on the parthenon/temple thing, but it wasn't going to work easily.

Definitely a good idea to have two of each figure when attempting this MOC, not always an easy thing.

Yeah, it limited me to my most basic torsos :pir-hmpf_bad: I considered having their clothes torn in the second one (one yellow arm/leg e.t.c.), but for consistency's sake I chose not too. Lucky for me I have 2 Castle Advent Calenders.

Thanks again, everyone! :thumbup: