Renegade Clone

Imperial Military Forces

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

11805618973_d619400b60_c.jpg

Hi everyone, was working ages ago on this idea, but with the release of the Imperial gunners I can finally finish it off! Hope you like it :laugh:

Very Nice! I'm guessing this is all Wookiepedia checked and approved?

Good job managing to get all of the imperial troopers, whether through BL or through the sets.

Nice! Are Sandtroopers not included because they are just a variation of Stormtroopers?

Nice Work!

Maybe update the Scout Trooper to the new (better) version? Also what about the Royal guards? Sandtroopers are also my favourites with their nice pauldron variations and the latest versions are awesome (with the scuffed up armour) so it's a shame not to include them. It could also be extended with Imperial droids.

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

I mostly used the good old' Star Wars Technical Commentaries (sadly dying out, I remember when it was the go-to place before wookieepedia :blush: ).

The new torso & legs from the 75033 seem to be the overalls that the Imps wear sometimes (these naval troopers with shoulder emblems for instance) which are the same as TIE pilot flightsuits - they aren't seen in the films wearing kepi hats like the minifig in the microfighter star destroyer though.

I'll probably add the Royal Guards (standalone division from the other military forces). I only skipped sandtroopers because of the three ranks (orange>white>black) TLC has made over the years.

I'll probably add the Royal Guards (standalone division from the other military forces). I only skipped sandtroopers because of the three ranks (orange>white>black) TLC has made over the years.

i would have to agree with you on the sandtroopers since it would be pricey to get only select few of each rank

24602315402_1bf114ac16_c.jpg

I thought that my original diagram was well overdue for an update :grin:

There may be a First Order version coming in the near future too...

Edited by Renegade Clone

Great update, weapons technician is new to me, but I see it is a Rebels thing. The only thing that looks wrong is that the ISB officers should have black trousers.

Great update, weapons technician is new to me, but I see it is a Rebels thing. The only thing that looks wrong is that the ISB officers should have black trousers.

I tried the ISB officers with black legs but in Lego form it just does not look right. White legs look much better IMHO :classic:

Awesome update!

Im considering getting the tyiderium and re-enlisting it into imperial service, so a chart of which minfigs is handy for figuring out what a competent shuttle crew should be

very nice. How many officer ranks have been made? Is it too few for a complete rank chart?

This is a particular interest of mine. There aren't many, unfortunately, but it's worth noting that there are two relatively recent variations of the imperial officer with 3 blue and 3 red insignia squares (i.e., captain/commander rank). Once has two code cylinders (from tie fighter 9492), the other has one code cylinder (star destroyer 75055), so you can have some variation in officer ranks using those two. There's also an admiral figure with six blue and six red insignia squares, and a Grand Moff figure (but it's a little dated and looks weird next to other figures).

A lot of fan sources claim that the two-code cylinder officer with six total insignia squares should be a lower rank than the one-code cylinder officer, but there's essentially no basis for this claim in the movies. It's also directly contradicted, at times. In virtually every situation where we can discern ranks from the movies, more code cylinders tends to mean higher rank, so I'd treat the two-cylinder version as a superior rank.

You also can make lieutenants fairly easily if you just cover up some of the insignia squares with a tiny dark bluish gray sticker.

Been using previous versions for reference the last few years as they are great for someone who is a bit OCD about troop building. Love the latest update but shouldn't the bottom right military intelligence figure be the tan mini figure?

Just out of interest, to follow up on Mamma Mia Bricks point, is there a reason you keep some of the older variations in your collection? You obviously put a lot of time and money (all those dual modded legs!) into these but keep older prints that can easily be updated for very little money. For me the blue AT-AT driver is a better looking version, if not one of my favourite imperial troopers, so do you keep older versions out of preference?

What Minifig is that Pilot with the atmospheric flight suit? Whats the official name or in which set did it came?

Is it the V-Wing Pilot only with a different head?

Also, I am triggered by the old AT-AT Pilot as well. The new one is just so much better.

And the Imperial Hovertank Pilot might just be the ugliest star wars minifig of all time. The Helmet mold is just wrong and combined with the print it looks like his face got smashed in...

Edited by BigEl