Hello Everyone in the Chicagoland area.

The LEGO store at Woodfield Mall will be receiving all of the new sets this coming week.

Agents

Castle (no Good Wizard or Dwarf Mines as of yet)

Coast Guard

Racers

Batman

Creator

Mars Mission

Yeah, I was disappointed to see no Wizards or Mines either.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted!!!!!

If a mod reads this, would you be willing to change the name to "Chicago Area" and leaave off the new products. Just so those of us in the Chicagoland area can keep each other posted? Thanks!

Not so much a new product, but America's Best Train and Hobby in Itasca had a few of the older Batman sets, Like Bane w/ the Bat Tank and the Killer Croc sets in stock. This guy sells his regular priced LEGO at 20% off, so even with the slight markup, you still come out ahead. Killer Croc w/ the hovercraft was $15.99. He had the Harry Potter and the OotP Hogwarts too and I think they were $99.99, but not sure how many were left.

If a mod reads this, would you be willing to change the name to "Chicago Area" and leaave off the new products. Just so those of us in the Chicagoland area can keep each other posted? Thanks!

Sheesh :hmpf:

:tongue:

Thank you. Sorry, I forgot to say please.

You're welcome! But, next time you forget to say please, you're banned! :laugh:

I didn't notice. It was a very polite request.

Chicago News On!!

Baby dont you wanna go

Back to that same old place

Sweet home chicago!

(Although Im English :tongue:)

(Sorry for the Random post) :thumbup:

bluzman2web.JPG

Edited by Joey Lock

LEGO Woodfield:

New Impulse sets - Troll, kayak, street cleaner, crystal hawk

New Bionicles

Spongebob Emergency room

The TRU in Schaumburg, on Golf Rd., as of 6pm, Saturday the 26th of July:

3 Troll Battle Wheels

4 X-Wing fighters

2 Peril In Peru

2 Hoth Bases

2 Mission 8

I asked the girl at the Target on Higgins and Meacham about the new Clone Wars sets, and if the exclusive Hover Tank was available yet. She told me that they came out on Sunday the 27th? I don't know if she knew what she was talking about, but she did know that there was a limited edition set that they were going to carry...so...who knows. I will check back tomorrow morning.

Hi...new member here!

First off...does anyone know how many posts it takes to get the ability to post new topics here? I understand the 'no newbie for-sale posts' rule, but I'm actually looking to BUY an 8421 Mobile Crane somewhere (at a reasonable price...maybe $150 ish, shipped to Chicago). Was that ever released in the US? I'm also thinking about the big bulldozer, which I'm surprised is no longer a current model. Anyone know of places where they're available at/below MSRP? I'd like to open a WTB thread, but I can't...yet.

My wife & son are going to the new Lego "Discovery Center" tomorrow (me gotta work :thumbdown: )...man, that place is pretty expensive!! If available, they might pickup a 7678 Droid Gunship and/or...cross fingers...a 7679 Republic Tank Fighter. I hear that although that's currently listed as not available in the US, that might change SOON.

Lets keep this Chicago thread going & keep each other up to date. I haven't found a US-centric forum this 'usable' re. finding buy/sell/trade boards or the like.

Edited by deandome

Hi...new member here!

First off...does anyone know how many posts it takes to get the ability to post new topics here? I understand the 'no newbie for-sale posts' rule, but I'm actually looking to BUY an 8421 Mobile Crane somewhere (at a reasonable price...maybe $150 ish, shipped to Chicago). Was that ever released in the US? I'm also thinking about the big bulldozer, which I'm surprised is no longer a current model. Anyone know of places where they're available at/below MSRP? I'd like to open a WTB thread, but I can't...yet.

My wife & son are going to the new Lego "Discovery Center" tomorrow (me gotta work :thumbdown: )...man, that place is pretty expensive!! If available, they might pickup a 7678 Droid Gunship and/or...cross fingers...a 7679 Republic Tank Fighter. I hear that although that's currently listed as not available in the US, that might change SOON.

Lets keep this Chicago thread going & keep each other up to date. I haven't found a US-centric forum this 'usable' re. finding buy/sell/trade boards or the like.

If i state correct you can make a new topic in here after 200 posts.

You can find the rules in the member guidelines.

You could also try and find one on Bricklink.

Good luck on finding one :wink:

10020 Factory set Custom Car Garage now available at LEGO Woodfield (Taj Mahal too).

Boat loads of newer PAB pieces, including Tan 1 x 8 and gray 2 x 2 tiles.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

And if I am correct, 7678 is a Target Exclusive first, some time in October along with Mission 7. We will have it soon!

Edited by stash2sixx

Thanks for all the effort on whats up in the Chicago area. I live in Madison,WI. I read Walmart has some sets on clearance...but definately not around here. Anything clearanced at your Walmarts? Do you know if that small shop you mentioned still has any Harry Potter Castles? Might be worth the drive. Thanks!

The two Walmarts near me never really have any LEGO, mostly Megablocks. So, I have no clue what is on clearance because I don't go in there anymore.

As for the hobby shop, no, they are sold out of the Hogwart's castle. I sent someone over a few weeks ago and they got the last one because the lady told me so.

And I encourage anyone living in the TRI-STATE area (LOL) to please post and include info.

Monday the 13th, if everything comes in at LEGO Woodfield....

Mail vans

Sandcrawlers, yes I said sandcrawlers.

Monday the 13th, if everything comes in at LEGO Woodfield....

Mail vans

Sandcrawlers, yes I said sandcrawlers.

Hi there my friend!

Thosa Sandcrawlers, are they on sale :cry_happy:?

And thanks for updating this post!

CopMike

When they come in, I will check the price and repost here so everyone knows.

Price is $99.98 USD!

Edited by stash2sixx

FYI...

Both Target exclusives will become available at the Woodfield LEGO store on Sunday the 19th. Agents Mission 7 and the 7679 Clone Hover Tank, from the Clone Wars, are available on the 19th.!

Thanks for your Chicago updates. I used to frequent Woodfield, but lately I've had better service and selection at the Northbrook store. Northbrook Court, the mall where it is located, is sparsely attended, so the store puts more sets on sale. I haven't been there in a few months; when I return, I will post what I find there.

Not so much "more on sale," but less people frequent there to buy items..

By the way, more Sandcrawlers are now in stock at Woodfield LEGO.

Edited by stash2sixx

Chicago/Schaumburg Area:

TRU Golf Rd.: Shipwreck Hideout, or whatever it's called, the set with the female pirate figure

LEGO Woodfield: NEW STUFF like the three mini Creator sets (Castle, Pirate, Fireman), CITY Horse Trailer with SUV, many new Racers products, Red Technic truck, green Creator car and yellow Creator plane. And of course, PIRATES!!!! Brickbeard's Ship, Loot Island, Kraken Attackin', Imperial's fort (modular build), Cannon Battle, & Both impulse sets. Sorry, I cannot remember exact names at the moment, but I know enough people are interested and I wanted to get this info up tonight.

And yes, there are still a boatload of 10144 Sandcrawlers on sale at $99.98.

Woodfield:

Peril in Peru

Shanghai Chase

Fight on the Flying Wing

Clone / Assassin Droid Battle Packs

Count Dooku's Solar Sailer

Just went today, and some good stuff on sale.

Bionicle 2008 Canisters are all 50% off

The Grand Prix set is 50% off as well, for $29.98

The other Speed Racer Set, with the Command Center Truck is selling for $19.98

Troll Warrior Impulse is $1.74

Street Sweeper is also $1.74

Grievous was $44, I think.

And I think the UCS AT-ST [Not sure about the name, it's the walker in the jungles with the Ewoks. <_<;;] for $44 as well.

Boeing plane was selling for $50 or so.

Troll Battle Wheel for $19.98

Mars Mission base for $44.

[-The Alchemyst-]

Woodfield and Northbrook LEGO stores got in the new 10195 AT-OT/Dropship today. Not much new on PAB, seen it all before.

Was at Woodfield this weekend and decided to buy one of everything that they had in their PAB wall, along with a few things that weren't out on display. UNFORTUNATELY...I'm still trying to figure out my resizing of pictures and just realized that I can only upload 7 at a time, so I need to do a little more research into this. If only I knew someone who lived nearby and was a picture wiz on EB???

More to come...

Sorry, I really am.