Wedge09

The Graybridge bottleneck

Hello all, this is my latest freebuild: Graybridge bottleneck. After building Setting an ambush... and the trap is sprung! I wanted to build some medieval finished things and I thought that it would be nice to see as it was or it will be, who knows, the same location. :classic:

The Graybridge bottleneck, an obligatory passage on the main street which goes through Erilea, is fortified and strictly controlled by a permanent garrison, whose task is to monitor the comings and goings on th street below. This fortification is a key point for anyone trying to conquer Erilea.

C&C are always welcome and I hope you Enjoy! :sweet:

14527304795_75c71c9878_c.jpg

14523939041_6d4bfa6644_c.jpg

14340740289_a98f6113d1_c.jpg

14547425723_52d8f0788d_c.jpg

14527353095_a53b91b462_c.jpg

I love the mottled effect, and the way the crenellations actually provide plausible cover! Looks great, the only weakness I can see is the lack of a gate.

Nice castle Wedge! The towers and the road look great. The rock slope looks a little to smooth though. Maybe adding a few Inverted slope in places might look better.

Really liking the mixture of grays.

Edited by lego3364

Nice job with the SNOT work for the Avalonian flag colors on the back!

Nice work, I like the towers. However, I agree with lego that the rockwork is too smooth, and blends in too much with the fort

I like the SNOT flag and the general shape of this build. I think it's cool that the rocks are smooth and blend with the structure as it seems like a defensive feature. But at the same time, a little more color in the rocks would still maintain the effect while also avoiding any kind of glossing of the rocks and towers.

I like the shape the different arches create, very nice.

Nice clean snot work there, beautiful moc and nice mix of old and bluish gray (I think?). Well done mate..!

The two shades of grey mixed together is so amazing!!! Congratz on the beautifull result!

Nice build Wedge, the use of the old and new grey really works well! It's a very clean design and I like the second level of the castle leading to the top of the rock bluff. Very cool, though I wonder if having the rock in dark bley would have the castle more striking. Anyways, great work!

I love the mottled effect, and the way the crenellations actually provide plausible cover! Looks great, the only weakness I can see is the lack of a gate.

Thanks Carson Haupt. About the gate, this part should be the front part, which opens on a sort of court where there is the real gate, this was the bigger idea. :classic:

Nice castle Wedge! The towers and the road look great. The rock slope looks a little to smooth though. Maybe adding a few Inverted slope in places might look better.

Really liking the mixture of grays.

Nice! I like the smoothness of it, and the use of old grey with bley!

Nice job with the SNOT work for the Avalonian flag colors on the back!

Thanks lego3364, Lord Vladivus and MKJoshA :classic:

I like the SNOT flag and the general shape of this build. I think it's cool that the rocks are smooth and blend with the structure as it seems like a defensive feature. But at the same time, a little more color in the rocks would still maintain the effect while also avoiding any kind of glossing of the rocks and towers.

The glossing effect is somewhat searched, but anyway thanks. :classic:

I like the shape the different arches create, very nice.

Thanks Torgar. :classic:

Nice clean snot work there, beautiful moc and nice mix of old and bluish gray (I think?). Well done mate..!

Old and new gray Gunman, you are right! :classic:

The two shades of grey mixed together is so amazing!!! Congratz on the beautifull result!

Thanks a lot Damaximus! :classic:

Nice build Wedge, the use of the old and new grey really works well! It's a very clean design and I like the second level of the castle leading to the top of the rock bluff. Very cool, though I wonder if having the rock in dark bley would have the castle more striking. Anyways, great work!

The gate is builded in the same stone as the the cliff so same color? :wink: Anyway, thanks a lot MassEditor. :classic:

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "searched?" Did you mean researched?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "searched?" Did you mean researched?

Yeah, maybe I should have used sought, sorry. :classic:

Ah. Yeah, so you mean you meant to achieve a glossing effect. I can see why. The idea is camouflage eh?

Very nice build! I really like the way the castle and rock blend together! It looks like the castle was carved straight out from the rock!

The upper level is nice, with the wrench for a door handle. :classic:

Very nice build! I really like the way the castle and rock blend together! It looks like the castle was carved straight out from the rock!

The upper level is nice, with the wrench for a door handle. :classic:

Thanks adventurer1 :classic:

Ah. Yeah, so you mean you meant to achieve a glossing effect. I can see why. The idea is camouflage eh?

Right. :classic:

The finished castle looks very good, I like the clean style you used :thumbup: The SNOT sand green/dark green slopes for the Avalonian colors are really cool. I like the smooth road as well :classic:

The two shades of grey mixed together is so amazing!

However, I agree with lego that the rockwork is too smooth, and blends in too much with the fort.

I agree with both of these comments - it might have been just enough if the rockwork had been a single grey color, and the mixture of greys limited to the wall. That way the wall looks like blocks or bricks, and the stone looks like a natural sheer face. Excellent MOC though!

The finished castle looks very good, I like the clean style you used :thumbup: The SNOT sand green/dark green slopes for the Avalonian colors are really cool. I like the smooth road as well :classic:

Thanks a lot soccerkid6, glad you like it :classic:

I agree with both of these comments - it might have been just enough if the rockwork had been a single grey color, and the mixture of greys limited to the wall. That way the wall looks like blocks or bricks, and the stone looks like a natural sheer face. Excellent MOC though!

Thanks nstickney :classic:

Very nice structure! I like how you've mixed the grey/bley very well to achieve a polished look and still get a nice amount of variation :classic:

I agree however that the natural rocks could have been differentiated a bit more from the quarried rocks. Maybe some vegetation/green plates on the rocks would have been an idea?