Sign in to follow this  
George G.

MAELSTROM!

Here's my entry for the contest :pir-classic: It was a quick thing because I only found out about the contest with less than a week to go!

I know I'm definatly not going to win, but if i do then I'd choose the set over the game. Thanks.

5919413831_a5e5458e1c.jpg

I have chosen to recreate the scene from At Worlds End when the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman get caught up in a *shout it Gibb's voice* MAELSTROM! *stop shouting in Gibbs voice* :pir-sweet:

5919975732_d999e50fc3.jpg

I built the scene in micro-scale, in a box! It's so tall because I built the maelstrom fairly deep.

Also, the water on top is not random, it is identical on all four sides becuase I wanted the "spinning" effect in the water to be present.

5919975932_5396e71003.jpg

Both the Pearl and the Dutchman are missing parts of their masts - and parts of their hulls :pir-grin:

5919976276_995ef340b6.jpg

Here are the two ships. I'm not really sure how accurate I made them, can you tell me?

5919976550_34f21af717.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my last minute entry :pir-blush:

Edited by George G.

Nice minis, and very original, although I'm not sure what thr clips on the side of the Dutchman are for. Good luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

Nice minis, and very original, although I'm not sure what thr clips on the side of the Dutchman are for. Good luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

Are you talking about the two clips on the side of the cabin? If so, I put them on to make the ship have it's curved shape and act as the promenant cabin sides(see here http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070815160140/pirates/images/f/fc/CayCovedutchman.jpg&imgrefurl=http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/File:CayCovedutchman.jpg&h=375&w=500&sz=171&tbnid=5Ne7A7mJ8L8X4M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dflying%2Bdutchman%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=flying+dutchman&hl=en-GB&usg=__sSCY5xSse_iiDPHcovge2iVQU0w=&sa=X&ei=mEkZTqqFA9GHhQeV1pjNBQ&ved=0CEoQ9QEwBQ)

I used a clip instead of a tile because I thought it looked more 'boney' :pir_laugh2:

Original last minute entry, George G. :pir-wink: I think you've achieved the spinning effect pretty well. The boats are also well done. I especially like the Black Pearl as that one looks quite recognizable for such a scale. The Flying Dutchman looks a bit like a modern warship to me, but it still works though. Good luck!

Very nice, I love your microscale pearl and dutchman, they're quite detailed for being such small scale.

That mini-scale ships are so cute! I love them, and the water is well done as well - I'd only maybe enrich its colour with white round plates a bit, as such big waves in the sea are usually full of foam. Such models always make impression on me, as they are usually full of innovatory ideas for using technic parts and some other tiny bricks - such as minifig hands :pir-blush:

I also like that the ships are not placed evenly vertically, but leaning towards each other.

Why is the stand so big? I think it should be either thin, or maybe more decorative? Try something pirate style, or maybe like this?

PHOTO

Edited by Toltomeja

Great mini build.

Better get it

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

......soon

Job well done,i love the building techniques used on the dutchman,all the best for the contest.keep on brickin :jollyroger:

Edited by Dat zombie