Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

AoM: Barracks Phase 1 - Recruitment

Sir Gareth left Avalonia in hope of uniting the four guilds against the Drow. He currently travels throughout Mitgardia in search of those strong enough and willing to join his cause.

It was during these travels, that he discovered a small camp of Huns. Before the warriors willingly swore their loyalty, he challenged them to a test of their strength. While neither bested Sir Gareth, for he is a highly experienced knight, they did impress him. He cheerfully accepted their pledge of allegiance; delighted to recruit such skilled soldiers.

15329284270_52f0c2c2c8.jpg

15512896521_b933c26960.jpg

15329154069_567a957da7.jpg

15515637172_60037a96cf.jpg

I threw this together to show off my brand new Hun Warriors (I finally found a case of CMF Series 12 at Target :excited:) I had a lot of fun building this and writing the story. My favorite part was posing the minifigures, but I enjoyed making the snow too.

And finally, those Avalonians, Mitgardians, Kaliphlians, and Nocturnians wanting to join Sir Gareth's cause, please post your pledge of allegiance in the comments. For everyone that does, I will try to build a vignette of Sir Gareth meeting your character.

The colours of Sir Gareth's flag are dark green, green, and red, as his army currently consists of Avalonians, Mitgardians, and Nocturnians. But as Kaliphlians join, I will add dark blue.

Historica united can defeat the Drow once and for all!

C&C are welcome!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Cassius would be honored to pledge some men to your cause.

Also, nice build! I really need to get some series twelve now!

Thanks, ~ Carson Haupt ~. If you don't mind, could you please PM me a pic of your men?

Nice build, when Lord Rohan returns from his travels, he would be honoured to join in your adventure!

Thanks, TheRedViper. Sir Gareth would too be honoured to have Lord Rohan join the cause!

Very nice! Can I send a proxy in my place?

Cheers, Lord Vladivus. You can send a proxy in your place. Sir Gareth thanks Shadowmere for joining.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Nice barracks phase 1 :) Edward von Graystar pledges his allegiance to the cause :)

Thank you! Sir Gareth is pleased to have another Mitgardian join the cause :)

Ugh, I really need to get some of those CMFs!

This is a nice little vig, perfect for barracks 1. :thumbup:

Lord Baconius would be glad to pledge to your cause. While he is busy on a quest in his own kingdom or would else join you himself, he would gladly send a legion of men to assist you.

Ugh, I really need to get some of those CMFs!

This is a nice little vig, perfect for barracks 1. :thumbup:

Thank you, mrcp6d!

Lord Baconius would be glad to pledge to your cause. While he is busy on a quest in his own kingdom or would else join you himself, he would gladly send a legion of men to assist you.

Thanks for joining, Lord Baconius. Just PM me a pic of your men.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Nice one! Alfadas would like to send some men.

Thanks, Alfadas!

Shay would be happy, to fight evil next to his brothers. I'm in

Sir Gareth would like to thank Shay. It's great to see so many Mitgardians joining.

And a word to all. I'm working on vigs of Sir Gareth recruiting your characters. But, I could really use pics of who you're sending. I've already gotten them from a few of you. Thanks everyone!

Edited by Sir Gareth

I, Alfadas, am the one in the pic, and my men are just random vikings (either from the Vikings theme, or from the CMF's, or just some random Norse people). Hope that helps, otherwise I am happy to send some pics.

I, Alfadas, am the one in the pic, and my men are just random vikings (either from the Vikings theme, or from the CMF's, or just some random Norse people). Hope that helps, otherwise I am happy to send some pics.

Thank you, Alfadas. That's very helpful!

Nice build, I'm going to have to pick up one of those Hun minifigs :)

Thanks, Scaevola! They're definitely worth picking up.

Nice work here! You've got me wanting some huns now. :D

Thank you, Jakorin! Good luck finding them, I've only scored 2 so far. Bricklink's probably your best bet.

Lord Magnus pledges his allegiance too Sir Gareth.

Sir Gareth gladly accepts your pledge.

Now if only some Kaliphlians would join... :wink:

Cool build and use of the Hun minifigs, Sir Gareth :wink:

Nice job with the snow and rock-work as well, and great details with the barrel and bag :thumbup:

Cool build and use of the Hun minifigs, Sir Gareth :wink:

Nice job with the snow and rock-work as well, and great details with the barrel and bag :thumbup:

Thank you, Garmadon! :classic:

This build makes a perfect background to showcase minifigures. I like the simple patches of snow and ice.

I finally found a case of about 20 CMF Series 12. I bought 5 that I felt out correctly: 2 wizards, 1 fairytale princess, 1 jester, and only 1 Hun warrior. I am just glad I found them at all, as stores around me never carry them. The Hun is definitely a nice figure and worth getting for the brigandine torso and accessories.

Stian's travels may cross paths with Sir Gareth, and we are united in a common cause in bringing peace to Historica and destroying the Drow.