Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

Xmas Starfighter and Vulture Droid

Welcome to my Xmasified version of 7256 Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid. To Xmasify this set, I used the red Obi Wan's starfighter as a base and worked from there, since the color scheme worked better. My biggest and favorite change was to change the side panels into holly-like plants. I also changed the color scheme on the Vulture Droid, but this was difficult to work around, since the side wing pieces only come in brown and light blue.

4195995305_32fb23bbb4.jpg

4195995837_7dd0bba6f3.jpg

4196750370_b57de17da4.jpg

4195996787_5056a95c90.jpg

Please excuse the blonde hair, I couldn't find the right color. :tongue:

4195996899_79c03751bd.jpg

Yes! The wings actually open and close. This is my favorite part of the version.

Gallery Link for high-resolution pictures, more angles coming later.

Enjoy!

-Inky

Very clever and well done. The colour scheme is great and the xmas lights are a very nice touch. I like your work.

An Excellent entry Inky! :cry_happy::wub:

Mine is dwarfed now....as usual... :cry_sad:

I really like the holly wings and the vulture. :laugh: The Trade Federation is really getting in spirit! :laugh:

Really nice job and good luck!

CommanderFox

Wow :thumbup:

Nooooo! Those posts are not the Jedi way, KimT! :sing:

Great entry, Inconspicuous.

You chose a difficult set to Xmasify but you did well - and you're actually the first one who really changed the colours! :thumbup:

Love the wings of the ETA-2 Fighter! :cry_happy:

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

Wow great entry Inky! This one is definitely has the most christimasy feel to it which is great! I like the wings for the starfighter they are really cool.

Good luck!

I like it. :thumbup: Way to go all out on the color scheme, and nice idea with the wreath as a wing flap. One suggestion, though- the dark bley Vulture droid head sticks out among the red and green, so maybe you could take the sticker off of that piece and put it on a different colored piece like that head? Also, those medium blue vents are cool, but why are they there?

One suggestion, though- the dark bley Vulture droid head sticks out among the red and green, so maybe you could take the sticker off of that piece and put it on a different colored piece like that head? Also, those medium blue vents are cool, but why are they there?

Since the front and back pieces are blue and gray they have a contrast. If both were to be green, it would look a bit odd, and sacrifice the sticker. If I had the piece in red, I might give it a shot, but otherwise I'll leave it as is.

I didn't notice the medium blue vents. I thought they were green. :grin: Building at night with insufficient light has it effects! I'll hopefully change that by the time the contest is over.

Thank you for the kind comments to all that have dropped by. :sweet:

Entry accepted.

Good luck when the voting starts!