Sign in to follow this  
bjj8383

[MOC] Toa Mangai (group)

Hi-Rez Gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=565256

toa_mangai_-_1.jpg

{ DISCLAIMER: These models contain painted, modified, and non-Lego pieces. If any of these make you run crying to your mommy, consider skipping this one. }

{ DISCLAIMER: I am not a creative or artistic guy. I've borrowed lots of ideas for these. See list at bottom of the post. }

For those unfamiliar: The Toa Mangai are the cannon group of Toa who guarded Metru-Nui, including Lhikan. We know next to nothing about them. I've remained true to the established elements of the toa, the presence of Lhikan, Tuyet, Nidhiki, and Naho, their known weapons, and the fact that we know one of them had a Kakama. Everything else, as far as I was concerned, was up for grabs and invented by me.

{ DISCLAIMER: "B-b-but... those aren't the masks listed on the wiki!" Those were chosen via poll well after Bionicle was dead. My personal head-cannon overrides such a tiny and uninformed representation of the fandom. }

{ DISCLAIMER: "B-b-but... the wiki says that one mask is the Mask of Fusion, not Mechanics!" Those fannon-to-cannon Kanohi are largely ridiculous and I've rebelled against them since Day 1. }

{ DISCLAIMER: "B-b-but... Toa of Plantlife are green and BLUE!" One problem there. Plants. Aren't. Blue. }

toa_mangai_eethra_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_galacia_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_honura_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_kintok_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_naho_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_nidhiki_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_nirari_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_siramar_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_thi_1b.jpg

toa_mangai_tuyet_1b.jpg

Thanks to: Whom I took inspiration from: Ben/Chromega ; Munkeymunkey ; Fenrek ; lots of others, I'm sure.

Check out my other galleries including the Toa Hagah (updated) and the 42 Rahkshi! http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jimmybob83

These models contain painted, modified, and non-Lego pieces. If any of these make you run crying to your mommy, consider skipping this one. }

Sure, some people don't like modified pieces and some of them react strongly to them but this statement just comes off as passive-aggressive and immature, sorry.

Anyway, the MOCs are interesting (especially Kintok but that's mostly because I miss the classic brown-and-tan color scheme) but I can't help thinking they don't fit with Lhikan's aesthetic too well (but I know that having 11 Toa with the Toa Metru build would've a bit boring :wink: ).

Toa galacia is definitely my favorite here, the torso build in particular really sells it for me. Plus I dig the arm blades. Nice work on these.

Sure, some people don't like modified pieces and some of them react strongly to them but this statement just comes off as passive-aggressive and immature, sorry.

Anyway, the MOCs are interesting (especially Kintok but that's mostly because I miss the classic brown-and-tan color scheme) but I can't help thinking they don't fit with Lhikan's aesthetic too well (but I know that having 11 Toa with the Toa Metru build would've a bit boring :wink: ).

They aren't supposed to fit with Lhikan's build. These Toa all came from different locations and different teams to defend Metru Nui in a time of crisis - they are not "related."