Sign in to follow this  
Blockburn

Mitgardian Embassy in Fuchal, Avalonia

Hello citizens of Historica!

I, Kārlis von Blockburn have completed my embassy for Mitgardia! It is located in Fuchal, which is in Avalonia.

The most striking feature of the building is the second floor, which consists of two parts, a rocky top and a wooden house with a thatched roof. This is done to show the mixing of the mountainous landscape of Mitgardia with the more wood based construction of Avalonia.

This is a depiction of me greeting some local warriors and welcoming them to our small embassy.

6793299845_6a1b02fc1a.jpg

This is an overall shot of the embassy.

6793297001_e300a7049d.jpg

Here is a neat little detail of the side.

6793301151_a63ce8e6d1.jpg

There are some more pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62915113@N05/

Thank you for your time lords and ladys.

C&C appreciated!

Not a bad start at all.

Good put on scenery with the troops.

You made a good solid fundation for the building but perhaps a little more combination between colors on the wall, timber section and roof, will benefit the overall of the MOC, other little advice, something Ive learned on EB is that the more detail on the field is better, you could improve it, with some rocks and more vegetation.

Again nice building. :classic:

Agreed with Niku some more plates varying in size would look good, it does have a classic feel though, I guess with the prefab corner pieces and trees and flat baseplate, a change from the heavily detailed mocs. I do like how you've got the building mixed in with the mountain and the stone timber half is good, the action outside is nice too.

This build feels right though. As, they could have made this set in the main line of Kingdoms. I like it. Sometimes simple is just as good as detailed. So many of us used 1000s of pieces, I like that this was not as much. Although I dislike most of the prefab trees, and always have :) personal preference though.

I like the way you build the tree into the side and used the panels to give a nice angle to the building. The scene you set up with the figures is really nice too :classic:

I like the nice compact fortress. It is a good design. I would extend the roof 1 brick out to each side and down to cover the side the studs showing from the wall. Nice fig use too!

A very pleasing, harmonious looking embassy Blockburn! :classic: It's nice and compact and i like the idea of contrasting stonework with wooden construction. I agree with some of the other comments regarding the landscaping, that can really lift your moc. You have made a good start with the tree growing out of the side of the structure, just extend that kind of detail out in the surrounding landscape and it will look amazing. The other thing you might want to consider is your rooflines - overhanging eaves look much more realistic and provide more opportunity for ornamentation as well. :thumbup:

Edited by gabe

Thanks for the feedback everybody! I did think while building it that it could do with some more detail, but that is not exactly my strongest point (though I have slowly been working on it).

I love this build! So cute, small, and simple, but very nice. Seriously, it is very nice looking. Would like to see it from a couple of different angles though. Really like your black knight. :classic: