Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Imperial Harbour with a very interesting difference

impharbour1.jpg

I found this Imperial Harbour on Brickshelf.

What I find really interesting is the creator has set about building a historic fort but adding futuristic elements like the antennas and satellite dish.

Check out the Brickshelf Gallery.

Well. Um... Lets just say that the creator has a very er- different look on things. I can't say I like it mach because as you all probably know, I like pirate/imperial navy MOC's to be realistic. A good effort though.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-D

Wow, great find! this guy is funny check his other creations...

impgunboat0.jpg

impfrigate1.jpg

striker5.jpg

in fact his whole profile is worth browsing! AND HERE IT IS

This reminds me of Port Block, have you heard of it before? i am sure it would have graced your pages before... in case it has not, here is a link... check out the pool of pearl, oh and the author has quite the sense of humor and is worth reading the glossary page...

Ah, Pirates meet Space, now that´s fine.... *sweet*

We Space heads talked about The-Librarian´s great ElectroPunk creations right here.... :-D *y*

Wow, great find! this guy is funny check his other creations...

Well I was going to save them for other threads... pir_bawling.gif

Well, it's a very interesting look to Imperial Guards theme, but I sincerely prefer the "classical way" |-/

That's one find Mr Phes. Very different.

Although it would seem to me, it's not futuristic elements being added to the past, but the other way around.

Still nice to see those minifigs in this futuristic setting.

Do we know the builder?

i am curious to find out if you have seen fort block before?

Yes, I think so. Remind what the link is and I'll double check...

Well, it's a very interesting look to Imperial Guards theme, but I sincerely prefer the "classical way" |-/

Yes, I'm in agreeance as I don't particularly like the melding of history with futuristic elements.

I love this! I have a big grin on my face from the pictures. It reminds me of the TV series Firefly in a way - in that series you have essentially have characters from a Western doing Western stuff but with spaceships and advanced tech'. This is like that, it's the future, but they dress classically. It's brilliant!

Dr. S.

Firefly was the best! SO ANGRY IT ENDED SO SOON! for those that are interested the movie is more easily seen and is call serienity. Highly recomend it!

Mister Phes, here is another link to port block, HERE

and below a picture of the creation these creations reminded me of

sg1-03-n.jpg

Oh, I like that Stargate!

Wow, two threads started for my models without me having to do anything!

Thank you for the interest!

That's one find Mr Phes. Very different.

Although it would seem to me, it's not futuristic elements being added to the past, but the other way around.

Still nice to see those minifigs in this futuristic setting.

Do we know the builder?

I've never posted on Lego boards before...so I doubt it!

And you've hit the nail on the head - this is all supposed to be futuristic with historical elements rather than vise versa. I promise if I had intended to build a historical setting, I wouldn't have been so anachronistic!

I love this! I have a big grin on my face from the pictures. It reminds me of the TV series Firefly in a way - in that series you have essentially have characters from a Western doing Western stuff but with spaceships and advanced tech'. This is like that, it's the future, but they dress classically. It's brilliant!

Dr. S.

Never thought of that similarity, but you're right! And I'm glad you liked them so much!

Thanks again for the coments! I realise they won't be to everyone's taste but bear in mind that they're not supposed to be historical!