Sign in to follow this  
oDDerFisken

My shipwrecked pirates

I've made another MOC.. not sure it's a vignette though.. But I'd like someone to tell me the definition of a vignette. For another time :-$

I decided to follow the pirates from my other vignette and their story after they made a mutiny on their captain.

The pirates from Captain's Mutiny killed the too soft piratecaptain James. But they forgot who could read the map. They ended up in a storm and since no one could read the map they couldn't find out where the reefs were, so they sank the ship. They rescued themselves on to a small cliff island and manage to salvage some parts from the ship. Including a part of the mast and one of the sails. Now they have made a cover from the sun.

But how long will they survive on the small island without food and fresh water? Do they now regret that they killed Captain James though he was very soft for a pirate?

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

Of course they've lost their hats during the storm. So this is how they look now

image007.jpg

Before the pirates got stuck on the island it looked like this

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image011.jpg

I've made the island from scratch by small plates and bricks. It took a great amount of time to make it so i was satisfied with it *sing*

This is how the bottom of it looks

image012.jpg

The folder when public

Hope you like my little story and my MOC.

Comments are very velcome *sweet*

Edited by oDDerFisken

I like how you used only ship parts to make the tent and such, nice work.

Pretty sure it's a MOC, usually vigs are 8 x 8 only...

--Faramir

I've made another MOC.. not sure it's a vignette though.. But I'd like someone to tell me the definition of a vignette.

I also have the same trouble determining whether a creation is a MOC or a vignette. There was one particular creation I named MOCETTE: Money Can't Buy You Everything because it seems somewhere in between a MOC and Vignette.

I believe you may have invented an all new section of creation Mister Phes, should we chirsten the "MOCETTE" with a bottle of wine over the bow. Or perhaps a competion in making pirate mocettes, in which case i enter my imperial burial...

I love it!

See what happens to you for your choice to become greedy, savage pirate scum! *points cane at all the pirate members of the forum*

It may only be a small MOC Odderfisken but it's nice looking little atoll and the way they are clinging to the remnant debris of their ship is firstly a good show of their imminent plight and desperation and also a clever way to make an MOC out of only bits and pieces of pirate lego.

Thumbs up!

I also have the same trouble determining whether a creation is a MOC or a vignette. There was one particular creation I named MOCETTE: Money Can't Buy You Everything because it seems somewhere in between a MOC and Vignette.

Okay.. so I've made a mocette.

I'm glad you all liked it. I think I will follow this one up with another MOC with the pirates further fate. But i haven't decided what is going to happen with them now. >:-)

I believe you may have invented an all new section of creation Mister Phes, should we chirsten the "MOCETTE" with a bottle of wine over the bow. Or perhaps a competion in making pirate mocettes, in which case i enter my imperial burial...

Oh my! I've accidentally coined a new phrase in LEGO terminology due to my ignorance of what's defined as a vignette!

Okay.. so I've made a mocette.

I'm glad you all liked it. I think I will follow this one up with another MOC with the pirates further fate. But i haven't decided what is going to happen with them now. >:-)

Yes I quite like what you've done - I think it's the sail that really emphasizes what's happening here and it's a great touch. It really gives the sense of being shipwrecked with the survivors using anything they can get their hands of for shelter.

i would not call it ignorance mister phes, in another topic on the forum there was a similar question of it being a moc or vig... i say if its so disputed why not have the middle ground of a Mocette, although by definition aren't all vig's going to be a MOC unless from a packet...

a definition of a MOCETTE, something that is disputed in its discription of being both a MOC and Vignette, also includes scenes made with many mini-figs that does not meet the definitions of a Vignette -feel free to add to or adjust.

How does that sound? So for example my Imperial Burial, and Boneparte's English Square could be included as Mocettes... now its a matter of finding out if it will catch on. I quite like the idea...

So are we to have a competion?

If mocette does become a new term, congrats to oDDerFisken for making the first official piece of its kind! I can only hope those pirates find a friendly face in those waters.

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

I can only hope those pirates find a friendly face in those waters.

Well that's what I haven't decided yet >:-) .. and since they are pirates, and they made a mutiny on their captain I'm not sure i will let this have a happy ending *skull*

Well that's what I haven't decided yet >:-) .. and since they are pirates, and they made a mutiny on their captain I'm not sure i will let this have a happy ending *skull*

Have you got names for these pirates yet? If you're going to make them part of an ongoing story you might like to give them some form of identity.

i would not call it ignorance mister phes, in another topic on the forum there was a similar question of it being a moc or vig... i say if its so disputed why not have the middle ground of a Mocette, although by definition aren't all vig's going to be a MOC unless from a packet...

I suppose you've got somewhat of a point there. Although the definition given to me was Vignettes are usually 8x8 or 16x16.

a definition of a MOCETTE, something that is disputed in its discription of being both a MOC and Vignette, also includes scenes made with many mini-figs that does not meet the definitions of a Vignette -feel free to add to or adjust.

Well it's a starting point at least!

How does that sound? So for example my Imperial Burial, and Boneparte's English Square could be included as Mocettes... now its a matter of finding out if it will catch on. I quite like the idea...

Yes, we shall find a way to let it proliferate into popular AFOL culture X-D

So are we to have a competion?

Competitions require competent people to run them. But this might be an interesting idea for our next one.

Good! *y*

I wouldn't recommend using that 2x3 yellow slope in the sand, for consistency's sake. :-/

As for the sail, it's a great touch! But where did you get it? It looks to me like the SES one - do you have it?

As for the sail, it's a great touch! But where did you get it? It looks to me like the SES one - do you have it?

Unfortunatly I haven't got the Skulls Eye Schooner.. The sail is from the Renegade Runner - my online ship :'-(

What does using a sail like that do to it's condition?

I imagine in the longer it would put an annoying curve in the sail down the bottom there.