Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

Review: 7621 Indiana Jones - Lost Tomb

My first set review on here, so please bare with me!

I found this set next to the Duplo in TRU in Portsmouth (UK) and couldn't resist! Price was �17.99, which I kinda expected given the size of the box (same as AT-ST).

Front of the Box :

7621BoxFront.jpg

Back of the Box :

7621BoxBack.jpg

Contents of the Box :

7621Contents.jpg

Look at all them stickers!!! :'-(

Minifigures :

7621Minifigs.jpg

Quite an interesting build ... quite liked the big statues although getting those stickers in the right place on the wedge was somewhat tricky. I found that the little red ball on the end of one of the pins that keep these statues upright falls of with some ease ... probs just a slightly mis formed piece I guess?!

Temple :

7621Temple.jpg

There's quite a bit of play value in this set ... there's a trough at the top which contains all of the snakes and when Indy gets near the treasure, they can be released, showering everyone with snakes. hehe

Before the Madness :

7621TempleFigs.jpg

You can also knock over the statues, which in turn, knock down the walls, which on one side will reveal a skeleton!

All hell breaks loose :

7621TempleMess.jpg

Oh ... and here's the star wars link :

7621StarWarsHieroglyphics.jpg

And here are the spares ... oddly, there are spare stickers!? I searched the instruction booklet several times trying to find where these went, but to no avail!

Spares :

7621Spares.jpg

Noticed a few inconsistencies between the box and the set too, such as different coloured 1x1 round bricks at the top of the temple - box shows dark red, set delivers dark blue.

Overall, I'd give this 7 out of 10 ... quite how they managed to get Indy to stay like he is on the box with that whip, I'll never know. It just goes back to being coiled in an instant!!

thank you SO much for this excellent review Big Pete! :'-)

I love this set! *wub* Marion looks great, it comes with HEAPS of snakes, and lots of great tan peices! *wub*

But I hate that the skellies have the new arm kind! >:-( *n*

Apart from that, I love this set, will you review Temple Escape aswell?

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

He's doing a review of Temple Escape now.

my camera battery just died so it's recharging!

I'll do the review and add pics later ...

Thank you Big Pete *wub*

This set looks very good, it looks well built and the statues are nice. The ark looks great and the Star Wars hieroglyphic is classic :-D

Just a two things:

Is Marion's face double sided? It looks like a calm face on the back of the box.

Where do the snakes come out?

And about the stickers, have you tried putting them on the long bricks above the breakable walls?

Once again, thanks very much *wub* *y*

Thank you Big Pete *wub*

This set looks very good, it looks well built and the statues are nice. The ark looks great and the Star Wars hieroglyphic is classic :-D

Just a two things:

Is Marion's face double sided? It looks like a calm face on the back of the box.

And about the stickers, have you tried putting them on the long bricks above the breakable walls?

Once again, thanks very much *wub* *y*

Marion's face is double sided and the snacks come out right under the sticker that has R2-D2 and C-3PO with the Egyptian.

yes it is ... I never noticed until I just checked! :-$ Will post a pic of the alternate face when my camera battery is charged :)

They sit on a pivoting plate behind the Star Wars heiroglyphics. You press down on a brick at the back and the plate drops and they fall out from underneath.

well, yes ... that was where I guessed they were meant to go ... but really ... there is no mention of this in the instructions!

Edited by Big Pete

NOOO! :'-(

patients my young indy loving friend *sweet*

anyway thanks for the reveiw i wasnt going to get this set but i just might, it's a coin toss between the truck chase and this one, which one do you guys think i should get?

Great review!!

I love this set *wub* (Not only because of Marion though :-D )

It has the ark that is very cool , SW humor and lots of snakes

A very cool set and perhaps my favorite so far *sweet*

Damn, 3 out 4 Indy sets reviewed and isn't even 08 yet X-D

P

Thanks for the review! It looks awesome, and 10 snakes! Is that box the Ark though?

Thanks again!

~Peace

Thank you for the great review! Looks like a very nice set, so many snakes!!

This is great, thanks for the review...but they're using a new skellie? I thought those were just for the reanimated dead...not just skeletons. Unless that skeleton is supposed to be reanimated? Either way it makes me sad :'-(

That marion is beautiful *wub* Worth it for the set alone! And that SW reference is great X-D

Thanks for that cool review, Big Pete! *y*

A very interesting set with a great playability and that SW sticker

Marion's other face!

7621AlternateFace.jpg

That is an amazing figure!!!! I'm definitely getting that! Thank you!

*wub*

Thanks for the review! It looks awesome, and 10 snakes! Is that box the Ark though?

Thanks again!

~Peace

Yes, the ark is the box in the center.

could you take a photo of the ark?

thanks oh and the inside too pleese *sweet*

The ark doesn't have an inside. It's just one brick built box.

LOL! Those Star Wars heiroglyphics are awesome! Were those in the movie? Or is this just a joke by the Lego designers? That would be the first time TLC showed any kind of reference humor! The rest of the set is great too, even the skeleton and the stickers. YES, that's right, I actually like those things. I like the new skellies because of their posability (I'm a big supporter & user of stop-motion) and I think there's nothing wrong with stickers. I mean seriously, why does everybody hate stickers so much??? :-| Sure, they are a pain in the megablocks to put on and, sure, they come off after a while and are never usable again, but hey, you don't have to put them on, even better, you can save them (like I do) and use them for your mocs! Could somebody tell me, please? I'm just curious. However, as I said, nice set! I might even get one. Gotta love that marion with the carot torch X-D and that arc is neat too! By the way, are all parts on it golden? Some more pics on it would be nice as soon as your camera is recharged! ;-) Thanks.

Peace Out!

LOL! Those Star Wars heiroglyphics are awesome! Were those in the movie? Or is this just a joke by the Lego designers? That would be the first time TLC showed any kind of reference humor! The rest of the set is great too, even the skeleton and the stickers. YES, that's right, I actually like those things. I like the new skellies because of their posability (I'm a big supporter & user of stop-motion) and I think there's nothing wrong with stickers. I mean seriously, why does everybody hate stickers so much??? :-| Sure, they are a pain in the megablocks to put on and, sure, they come off after a while and are never usable again, but hey, you don't have to put them on, even better, you can save them (like I do) and use them for your mocs! Could somebody tell me, please? I'm just curious. However, as I said, nice set! I might even get one. Gotta love that marion with the carot torch X-D and that arc is neat too! By the way, are all parts on it golden? Some more pics on it would be nice as soon as your camera is recharged! ;-) Thanks.

Peace Out!

As far as I know, those insignias on the arc are in the movie, too. But I don

This and Motorcycle Chase were the two sets I've wanted from the start. I like how you get lots of snakes, and I'll add my snakes in too, for a Brickfilm. Sometimes I like the stickers, but all my world city ones got hard and fell off :'-(

I like the R2-D2.

Could you take a pic of any hieroglyphics in this set(Not the ones on the sticker sheet.)

Thanks. I want to decode them.