Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #101: Into the Woods

13898192680_2a6bd5773b_o.jpg

-The following Quest is for Chosen Heroes Only! If you'd like to join the game, please check out the

FAQ section-

Three new, inexperienced, but eager heroes meandered about the ever changing city of Eubric in hopes that one of them knew where the Apothecary was. There employer, the mysterious Kianu, was waiting for them in an alley behind the establishment. These three heroes were...

The Party

13749538635_9a402bbb2a_t.jpg

Deus Spiranius (Lego Spy)

23 year old male human Ranger

Level: 1

Power: 4

Defense: 0

Health: 6/6

Ether: 0

Gold: 10

Equipment: Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

Darksten (Comrade Commander) *Party Leader*

35 year old Male Human Ranger

Level 4

Power: 10

Health: 10/10

SP: 2

Gold: 25

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 6); Sand-Worn Hide (SP: 2)

Inventory: Potion x3, Remedy x2, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, Utility Knife (roleplay item), Grand Potion x2, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia. Fang of Kos (roleplay item), Soma, Safety Blanket (SP: 1, protects from Afraid, backwear)

MKV6.jpg

Hoang Anh (hoanganhbeo)

20 years old Male Human Knight

Level 3

Power: 7

Defense: 3

Health: 12/12

Gold: 105

Equipment: Steel Sword(WP:4); Shield (SP: 2); Safety Blanket( SP:1, immune to Afraid, backwear)

Inventory: Remedy x3, Bedroll, Grand Potion, Poison, Sword(WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Soma

Walking along the cobblestone streets, the party hears the hustle and bustle of early morning activity in the city. People haggling with merchants, children running about, horse hooves trotting along on the stone. It seemed like a normal day in the city for once. The trio finally make it to the Apothecary and head around the back, only for a curious sound to fill their ears: singing. The aria of a young woman drifted out of the back alley, and as the party approached they could hear it more clearly.

"...Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight,

Waiting on the doorstep, for the cold starlight,

There my pretty lady, River-woman's daughter,

slender as the willow wand, clearer than the water?"

As the party enters the alley they get a closer look at their employer. A young woman, no older than 16 sits on crate, her top worn and simplistic, but charming, and her hair as fiery as dragon flames. A small flock of animals gather around, seemingly listening to the young woman as she sings. At the first sign of the party, the critters dash off, seemingly disappearing. The young woman turns to the party, looking surprised.

13390396404_4ed60a3844_o.jpg

"Well, you guys are fashionably late."

She jumps of the crate she's sitting on, and grabs her staff, only for the party to note that something was different about the girl.

14018373117_885e168034_o.jpg

She was a taurian, a satyr to be exact.

"Morning lads, the name's Kianu. I'm the one that posted the notice in the hall. I'm glad someone answered my plea, even if it could be me just overreacting.

So, perhaps I should answer your questions before we head off? We've got a little bit of a hike before we reach the Murkwood."

OOC: Wilkomennen, Bienunvenue, Welcome!

For some of you, this is your first quest, others your second, so if you got any questions, or are a little confused, feel free to ask me. I'm here to make sure you guys get everything. :classic: As well, since this is your first quest, Lego Spy, let me explain how to interact with things out of battle. If there's a character you wish to speak to, an item you wish to look at or interact with, simply bold your decision, like so! Feel free to try it on some of the items in the background, or on Kianu herself if you wish to ask her something. Generally when asking an NPC a question, bold the question so your QM knows what you want an answer back to. :wink: Also, if I screw up or miss something, please let me know. :blush: I am only human, so I do intend I'll muck up some battle rolls or something or another.

I went through your inventories and fixed a few things, but Lego Spy, how did you get that potion? If you bought it from the Marketplace, you should be down five gold. If someone gave it to you, that's okay too. I just need to know since your class starts off with a single smoke bomb, no potion included.

You guys have 24 hours to confirm. Let's get started! :sweet:

Edited by Kintobor

"I'm here," Deus said as he walked up.

OOC: Someone in the Rules and FAQ thread said I got one at the start... :look:

Edit: The Rules state that every new hero gets a potion.

Edited by Lego Spy

OOC: I'm not sure where you got this, but unfortunately you don't get a potion. I've fixed your stats accordingly. If you'd like to do some shopping to spend your ten gold and get a potion, I'll allow you to since this is your first quest. Also, as a recommendation, pick up a bedroll while your at it. You might use it this quest, you might not, but someday you might just need one and you'll be happy it was one of your first purchases. :wink:

OOC: Quoted from the Rules & FAQ thread:

"Inventory: List your other items here. All heroes start with one Potion. Each job class also gets one specific item (for their effects, see Items):"

As Darksten joins up with the group headed out on the quest, he sighs as he sees the knight once again join the party. "Hopefully this time will be better..." Yet there is a glimer of hope as Darksten spots the shape of a bow strapped to the newcommers back. The creature standing before him was a new sight, half women, half beast. Darksten wasn't sure what to think.

"Good morning Kianu, it is nice to meet you. I know time is short, but can you tell us about what your father was looking for before he went missing?"

As Darksten waits for a reply, he begins to search the crates/boxes/barrels stacked up in the alley

OOC: It does say in the rules (first page, under equipment) that all new heros start with a potion in addition to their class item.

Edited by Comrade Commander

"Good morning Kianu, it is nice to meet you. I know time is short, but can you tell us about what your father was looking for before he went missing?"

As Darksten waits for a reply, he begins to search the crates/boxes/barrels stacked up in the alley

Darksten looks through the crates, but finds nothing of interest: just various herbs, and ingredients for basic brewing. Although while looking around them, he finds a single gold coin shining like a star on the ground. Lucky you!

Kianu sighs, looking worried.

"Well, my dad, er, Roruk, as some people know him as, is the Guardian of the Murkwood. For as long as our family can remember we've guarded the Murkwood from threats and evil entities. My dad would've helped during the invasion, but the blasted spiders and all... that's besides the point, my dad went off into the forest to investigate some strange occurrences in this filthy, foul place known as the Misery Mire about a week ago. It's a dirty old swamp that's rumoured to be haunted. He told me that the animals of the forest were in danger of an encroaching force moving through the Murkwood. He... hasn't returned. I'm not experienced enough to go into the Misery Mire alone, so I thought you guys at Heroica could help me find him, and now here you are!"

She begins to look a bit better. She seemed to have put a lot of faith in Heroica.

Darksten happily pockets the single coin, but before he strolls back to the conversation, He peaks in the window to see what is going on in there

"You will have to forgive me as I have remained isolated for quite sometime, what invasion do you talk of? is that the encroaching force the animals were in threat of?" Darksten says to Kianu.

Darksten hoped the old man had taken care of the spiders already... cause he had signed up to Heroica because he wanted to use his skills in battle, yet it seemed he had only been employed so far as a bug exterminator..

Darksten happily pockets the single coin, but before he strolls back to the conversation, He peaks in the window to see what is going on in there

"You will have to forgive me as I have remained isolated for quite sometime, what invasion do you talk of? is that the encroaching force the animals were in threat of?" Darksten says to Kianu.

Peeking into the window, Darksten can see into the back room of the apothecary. A man seems to be keeping stock of his wares. Nothing too important was going on today in the city it seems.

"The Invasion of Luosh. It happened about a year ago. It's nothing to worry about now, and it's not the force the animals are talking of. The Proggs, a race of scorpion-like creatures invaded the city with the intent to eventually take Uland. Of course, a group of heroes came to the city and showed them what for! I hear the Proggs are still around, their zealot leaders having been killed, and their race leaving their war mongering ways. In fact, I hear they've got a city beneath this one. I still don't trust them to be honest. Kind of weirds me out knowing their beneath my feet, you know..."

Kianu looks suspiciously at the ground around her hooves.

Edited by Kintobor

Darksten can't help but glance at the ground himself, but catches himself and quickly looks up hoping no one noticed

"Well if the invasion is not the encroaching problem, do you have any ideas what is?"

Darksten can't help but glance at the ground himself, but catches himself and quickly looks up hoping no one noticed

"Well if the invasion is not the encroaching problem, do you have any ideas what is?"

"There's been a few issues with the spiders in the area. Ever since Aranoc died during the invasion, the spiders have been acting strange. Oh, Aranoc was the Murkwood Elder, he sort of was like the alpha spider, if you know what I mean. There's also the prospect of ghost potentially getting my dad if the Misery Mire is haunted...

We'll head off once our knight speaks up. It'll be a two day trek to Murkwood. I hope you packed a lunch!"

Kianu holds up a water skin and a bag full of trail mix, rather proud of herself.

"Don't worry if you didn't. We'll stop off at a famers market and pick up some snacks for the open road."

Edited by Kintobor

"It would be spiders again" Darksten thinks to himself. "But better them than ghosts" He continues to think as he looks at the tools of war the party had with them

"Sounds good, we best not waist any additional time. We can talk more along the way"

"I think I'll pick something up at the farmer's market," Deus spoke up, "I gave my last carrot to a rabbit back at Heroica Hall."

"Say, Kianu, any idea how far into Murkwood we have to travel?"

"I think I'll pick something up at the farmer's market," Deus spoke up, "I gave my last carrot to a rabbit back at Heroica Hall."

"Say, Kianu, any idea how far into Murkwood we have to travel?"

"Oh, you met Oswald? Yeah, he can be a bit snarky at times. He's not the most polite of the critters around Eubric, but he's definitely one of the most reliable.

To be totally honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure. However, I do know the general location of the Misery Mire. The path to the Misery Mire though does lead right past the Thicket, which is where I live. We'll probably wind up stopping there shortly, if nothing but to rest shortly."

"It would be spiders again" Darksten thinks to himself. "But better them than ghosts" He continues to think as he looks at the tools of war the party had with them

"Sounds good, we best not waist any additional time. We can talk more along the way"

At least they are not as huge as Kos, right?

"Oh, you met Oswald? Yeah, he can be a bit snarky at times. He's not the most polite of the critters around Eubric, but he's definitely one of the most reliable.

To be totally honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure. However, I do know the general location of the Misery Mire. The path to the Misery Mire though does lead right past the Thicket, which is where I live. We'll probably wind up stopping there shortly, if nothing but to rest shortly."

If we have to rest, I just want to say that Deus doesn't have a Bedroll

"It would be spiders again" Darksten thinks to himself.

Darksten is surprised when the knight responds, it is almost as if he had read his thoughts...

"Well, that is everyone I believe. Best we get going so we can make those stops along the way."

With the party now present, Kianu pats herself down, ensuring she has everything.

"Well, seems like we're all here! Look's like I'll be leading the way, since I'm the only one who knows where we're going, so let's head out."

Kianu has joined the party!

The party follows Kianu out of the alley and out of the city, but not before making a quick stop at the farmer's market for supplies. Shuffling through the crowd, the party manage to pick up some food for the open road: an apple here, some raisins there. After leaving the market, the party heads for the Three Gates's area, passing by a few Town Watch members who don't seem to care too much about the gate. The party passes through and out to the open road. Kianu motions them off the road and on to the grass, looking a little giddy.

6163668670_eaa0fd7c3e_b.jpg

"Okay, first of all, wow, I'm with Heroicans, and this is freaking awesome! Okay, calm down Kianu... second of all, I guess I should show you our route."

She unfurls a map from her satchel and opens it for the party to see. Uland in small scale stares back at them, the many little towns, forests, and mountain ranges seemingly looking back at them.

heroica-map3.jpg

"As you can see, we're right on the Eubric Highway. We'll be taking a one day hike which I hope will get us close to Bric'lin. We'll then be taking the road to Luosh but cutting from the Highway and entering the Murkwood and taking a quick break at my place in the Thicket. From there, we're heading straight for the Misery Mire."

She folds the map up and crams it back into her satchel full of other oddities.

"Well, let's get going, guys!"

The party begins their trek down the Eubric Highway. The sun is warm, and the breeze soft and pleasant. The young satyr accompanying the party pulls out her pan pipes after strapping her staff to her back and begins to play on them, a soft melody trailing into the wind. Things were starting off uneventful, but the weather was too nice to not at least enjoy. The music suddenly stops as Kianu scratches her head, her tiny horns visible for once, poking out of her skull. She looks a little concerned about something.

"I just realized I know nothing about you guys. I don't think any of you even told me your names. So... perhaps we could get to know each other a bit better while we're walking? It'd probably pass the time a lot quicker."

The Party

13749538635_9a402bbb2a_t.jpg

Deus Spiranius (Lego Spy)

23 year old male human Ranger

Level: 1

Power: 4

Defense: 0

Health: 6/6

Ether: 0

Gold: 10

Equipment: Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

Darksten (Comrade Commander) *Party Leader*

35 year old Male Human Ranger

Level 4

Power: 10

Health: 10/10

SP: 2

Equipment: Crossbow (WP: 6); Sand-Worn Hide (SP: 2)

Inventory: Potion x3, Remedy x2, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, Utility Knife (roleplay item), Grand Potion x2, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia. Fang of Kos (roleplay item), Soma, Safety Blanket (SP: 1, protects from Afraid, backwear)

MKV6.jpg

Hoang Anh (hoanganhbeo)

20 years old Male Human Knight

Level 3

Power: 7

Defense: 3

Health: 12/12

Gold: 105

Equipment: Steel Sword(WP:4); Shield (SP: 2); Safety Blanket( SP:1, immune to Afraid, backwear)

Inventory: Remedy x3, Bedroll, Grand Potion, Poison, Sword(WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Soma

13390396404_4ed60a3844_o.jpg"Down from the door where it began..."

Kianu

Level 3 Female Satyr Cleric *Immune to Poison up to 1* *Listens to Darksten*

HP: 8/8 (6+2)

Ether: 11/11 (6+2+3)

Equipment: Elderwood Branch (WP: 4, Wood Staff, suitable for Kianu), Woodland Gown (Ether: +3, grants immunity to Poison up to 1 damage, Body wear, suitable for Kianu), Satyr's Pipe (Grants the user animal talk, accessory, suitable for taurians)

Inventory: Tonic, Potion

OOC: I'll give you some time to roleplay and get to know each other better, including Kianu.

"Aye, forgive me. I am still getting used to the social aspects of working for Heroica after having spent so many years alone in the woods. The name is Darksten. I am a ranger by trade, and I hail from just outside the Eubric Forest.

To be honest, I am looking forward to getting back into the woods after our last contract." Darksten says to the girl.

"I'm Hoang Anh. Everyone thinks I'm weird because of my name. :blush:

Actually, I'm from the Ji Pei. This is my secret, so don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Good to see another man who appreciates the woods"

Deus nodded, "There are too many people destroying the forests these days," he muttered sadly.

OOC: What disadvantage do I have without a Bedroll exactly?

"Aye, forgive me. I am still getting used to the social aspects of working for Heroica after having spent so many years alone in the woods. The name is Darksten. I am a ranger by trade, and I hail from just outside the Eubric Forest.

To be honest, I am looking forward to getting back into the woods after our last contract." Darksten says to the girl.

Kianu giggles.

"Nah, it's alright. I'm still trying to recover from my blatant fan-girling back there.

I've been through the Eubric forest before. There's a small town in there called Taurost. It's quant, you know? You ever been there?

Mind sharing the story? I'd love to hear what you've done."

She looks at the ranger inquisitively.

"I'm Hoang Anh. Everyone thinks I'm weird because of my name. :blush:

Actually, I'm from the Ji Pei. This is my secret, so don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Hehe! It's a weird name, but I like it. I'm guessing your not from around here?"

Deus nodded, "There are too many people destroying the forests these days," he muttered sadly.

OOC: What disadvantage do I have without a Bedroll exactly?

Kianu crosses her arms, looking a little upset.

"I feel your sorrow, ranger."

OOC: You won't be able to rest and restore health should the opportunity to do so arise. :wink:

Kianu giggles.

"Nah, it's alright. I'm still trying to recover from my blatant fan-girling back there.

I've been through the Eubric forest before. There's a small town in there called Taurost. It's quant, you know? You ever been there?

Mind sharing the story? I'd love to hear what you've done."

She looks at the ranger inquisitively.

"I have been there from time to time. I prefer to keep to myself in my cabin, but I have gone there to trade fish and other supplies. There is also an apothacary in town who sells me medicine I cannot make from the woods around me.

It is actually how I first heard of Heroica. There had been some attacks in the area and a few heroes came to help the local population. The town's memory has started to fade because folks come and go so often, but when I heard the story I had been looking for a new adventure so I made my way to the guild to sign up"

"I have been there from time to time. I prefer to keep to myself in my cabin, but I have gone there to trade fish and other supplies. There is also an apothacary in town who sells me medicine I cannot make from the woods around me.

It is actually how I first heard of Heroica. There had been some attacks in the area and a few heroes came to help the local population. The town's memory has started to fade because folks come and go so often, but when I heard the story I had been looking for a new adventure so I made my way to the guild to sign up"

"I remember being there a few times. It's a quiet little place, not the kind of town where anything exciting happens. Although, I'm certain you've been on an adventure or two yourself? Mind sharing the story of one of your more recent missions?"