Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG- Quest #96: Tying up Loose Ends

[Prologue: Captain Patricia's Office]

8231631943_b11169989e_b.jpg

"So... Things have starting to move again. Fortunately for us, Purple has not been sitting still, good, good. Very well, call for the Heroes, it's up to them to finish this Job. One way or another. For our sakes, for Eubric's sake, it better work out, in Strivvi."

12364804964_2a8fd85e6b_z.jpg

[Present Day: Somewhere in Eubric's Warehouse district.]

Captain Patricia of the Town Watch asked for the five active heroes that had been to Strivvi, to go there again and settle matters, to find out what it is the Wolfgang wanted, and deal with them there, and discover the purpose of the mysterious Keystone and why it was so important to the Wolfgang. The Heroes chosen for the quest were:

12253343083_9e0c671fa8_t.jpg Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

31 year old male human Regulator

Level 31 *Immune to Fire, Water, Lightning, Wood, Earth, Wind, Light, Darkness, Poisoned, and Doomed* *Negative Effects Last One Round* *Battle Style: Chaotic*

Power: 51 (31 + 20)

Defense: 26 (4 + 6 + 4 + 12)

Health: 61/61 (7 + 30 + 12 + 6 + 6*)

Gold: 51

Equipment: Pheles Rod (WP: 20, user has a 1/2 chance to generate an Aura, doubling the user's maximum health but drawing all attacks to them, fire, ice, lightning, earth, wind, light, darkness elemental staff), Robust Shield (SP: 12, shield), Amulet of the Court (Suitable for anyone, negative effects last only one round on the wearer, immune to water, lightning, and wood, accessory), Rat's Hide (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, backwear), Galactic Armor (Suitable for anyone, SP: 6, +6 max health, immune to fire, earth, wind, light, darkness, and doomed, bodywear), Helmet of Azzurat (Suitable for anyone, SP: 4, immune to poison, headwear)

Inventory: General's Dagger (WP: 7, pierces SP, cannot be upgraded, dagger), Tiger Claws (WP: 15, double WP against humanoids, darkness elemental, dual strike, daggers), Desert Cloak (Suitable for anyone, immune to fire, backwear), Sylvania's Cowl (Suitable for anyone, grants Animal Talk, headwear), Pickaxe, Shovel, Agni Bomb, Ambrosia, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Elixir, Gaia Bomb, 3 Grand Potions, Health Core, 3 Mulled Wines, Neutralizer, Nostrum, Phoenix Essence, 3 Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Scroll of Arc Frailty (50/50 chance to inflict the fragile-effect to all enemies for ether equal to the number of enemies)

ava-ellaria3.jpgEllaria Arbour (Sandy)

22 years old female human Druid

Level 26 1/3 *Immune to Sealing, Poisoned and Bleeding*

Power: 41 (26+12+3)

Defense: 3

Health: 42/42 (9+25+7+1)

Ether: 38/38 (5+25+5+1+2)

Gold: 198

Equipment: Ignis Fatuus (WP:12, fire- and lighting-elemental staff), Black Bandana (Power +3, pirate lingo; headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, protects from sealing; bodywear), Sterile Gloves (immunity to poisoned and bleeding, handwear)

Inventory:

Weapons Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:8, wood-elemental crossbow), Pan Flute (WP: 7, instrument), Wizard's Staff (WP:1, fire-, wind-, water- and earth-elemental staff),

Artefacts: Tricorne (SP:3, headwear), Ranger's Quiver (WP: +1 to bows and crossbows. Suitable for rangers, beast warriors, infiltrators, and winged warriors), Spirit Robe (Renders wearer invisible to the enemy for the first three rounds of battle so they do not take free hits; backwear)

Spell Items: Scroll of Inspiration (Inspired for rest of battle, 10 ether, 50/50 chance) Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Serenade of Water (Causes Water damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Battle Song)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 4 Health Cores, 6 Tonics, 6 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, 1 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, 1 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrum, 2 Soma, Ambrosia Deadly Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 3 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, 3 Pumpkin Bombs (Causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used.)

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass

BoominghamMock2.jpg IMG_1583-1.jpg Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Level 30 Paladin *Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness* *Pierces SP From Front Row* *SP Ignored From Back Row*

Power: 49 (Level 29 + WP: 14 + Power Bonus: 5)

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 10 (SP: 7 + SP: 3)

Health: 53/53 (Base HP: 10 + Level bonus: 39 + Class bonus: 11 + Permanent bonus: 3)

Ether: 29/29 (Base Ether: 0 + Level/Class bonus: 29)

Gold: 176

Equipment: Scupperer (WP: 14; Darkness-, Fire-elemental; inflicts Bleeding (-5) and Poisoned (-10); great sword) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Tome of Affluence (+10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle; Immune to Fragile, Sleep, Weakened, and Blindness; Immune to Darkness-, Fire-elemental; accessory), Counterstrike Gloves, Mopag Helm (SP: 3; headwear), Chains of the Pongcanis Chief (Hero Pierces SP if fighting from Front, Enemies ignore SP if hero fights from the back row, cannot be removed in battle)*Pseudo's Blessing (+4 Power; not an artifact)*

Inventory: Frozen Saber (WP: 9; Light-, Ice-elemental; inflicts Stunned; great sword), Lullaby Wand (WP:6, Inflicts Sleeping Effect)

Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (Power +4; Ether -6; headwear)

Garnet, Sapphire, Amethyst

Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile; costs 5 Ether; 50/50 chance), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragility, Scroll of Sealing, Bolero Of Fire (Cause Fire damage equal to the minstrel's level to all enemies per round for as long as the song is sung. Costs 10 ether per round. Minstrel Song)

Mulled Wine, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immune to Ice), Fireball Whiskey (Immunity to Fire One Battle OR 20 Fire Damage All Enemies), Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Hamantasch (Lucky, Blessed), Admantite Shard (1/4 of a piece of Adamantite), Milk, 5x Mead, x2 Nostrum, Ambrosia, x2 Smelling Salts

Bedroll

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg Nyx (played by Pandora)

19 years old Female Human Battle Mage *Natural Respite* *Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind, Poisoned, Confused, Hexed, Sealed, Asleep, Fast Asleep*

Level: 30 1/4

Power: 45 (WP 15 + Lvl 30)

Defense: 8 ([Robe of the Archmagi + Bright Polish] 4 + 4 [Helmet of Azzurat])

Health: 41/41 (Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +5 [Advanced Class], +2 [Grand Zoot's Cookie])

Ether: 42/42(Base 5 [Mage], +29 [per level], +1 [Advanced Class], +5 [Robe of the Archmagi], +1 [Doomshroom] +1 [Doomshroom])

Gold: 582

Equipment: Zee Standard (Staff, WP: 15 Ice, Light and Darkness Elemental, Necromancers Raise Enemies with 2 extra levels), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:4, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Mirage Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elements and confused- and hexed-effects), Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Helmet of Azzurat (SP:4, immune to poisoned, headwear).[/color]

Inventory: Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:14, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Lullaby Wand (WP:6 Sleep effect), Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Dagger of the Blue Assassin (WP: 4, Aims become Hits).High Heels (+1 Power), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Chef’s Apron (Bodywear, Immunity to Fire and Poisons), Phoenix Dress (Max. Ether +5, full ether restored upon revival, immunity to Fire and Lightning, suitable only to female mages, clerics, chi monks, minstrels and necromancers; bodywear), Desert Cloak (Immunity to Fire-, Earth- and Wind-elemental damage; backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; essential in deserts to avoid dehydration; accessory). Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light), Amethyst (Darkness) X2, Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Opal (Ice).Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Arc Sealing, Scroll of Blindness.2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Ambrosia, 4 Deadly Venoms, 4 Phoenix Essences, 3 Cosmic Essences (Revives a knocked out ally with full health and ether and gives them the blessed-effect), Potion, 3 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core.Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Rudra Bomb (100 Lightning Elemental damage to all opponents), Skadi Bomb (100 Ice Elemental damage to all opponents), 2 Chaotic Bombs (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bomb 'X2' (May be combined with a bomb to get it to ignore SP), Pumpkin Bomb (Causes stunned, poisoned, asleep, blinded, sealed and confused to all enemies).2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones.

skrall_avatar.jpgskrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 33.75 *Favors Ancient and Humanoid enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, and Confused* *Gains 3x experience*

Power Bonus: +2 WP

Defense: 8

Health: 47/47

Gold: 207

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12/24 vs. Beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from fights, accessory)

Inventory: Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP, light, lightning, water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Wooden Shield (SP:5), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"), 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Minimizing Dust, 4 Bone, 6 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, Potion, 3 Grand Potions, Phoenix Essence, 6 Phoenix Incenses, 4 Meads, 2 Nostrums, 1 Smelling Salt, 2 Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 1 Deluxe Skeleton, 2 Remedy, Jinxy Juice, Blind Fury

-

12363523883_13cd83cddf_c.jpg

The Guardsman that picked them up and lead them through the city to the place they now were, was waiting in front of an unassuming warehouse. Of course it had to be a warehouse, what else would it be?

12363795654_7e4239e295.jpg

"So, if everyone is quite sure everyone is accounted for and is everything seems to be in order...?"

Heya guys, welcome back! Please check if everything is right with your stats, a partyleader will be decided on shortly. If at any point your stats get rearranged, don't freak out, it's because I've decided which of the varied ways of handling stats you guys used I like the best.

Edited by Scubacarrot

I forgot to edit the description of the Pheles Rod. It only has a 1/2 chance of activating each round, so I suppose I shouldn't have an aura right now either. Thanks for having us back Scuba. :sweet:

"Aye, I'm here."

Atramor scratched his head.

"Another warehouse, huh? If there are angry monkeys in there again I'm gonna be pissed."

Edited by CallMePie

"Why don't we send the guard in first this time then?"

The ogre nodded in greeting to the Regulator.

"Been a bit of time hasn't it, Atramor? See you've outfitted yerself nicely for our expedition."

Skrall plucked the apple off the crate and munched down, while waiting for the rest of the party.

Ellaria caught up with Boomingham as he made his way to the warehouse.

"Lawrence, wait! Onto another adventure together, eh? We should be careful, lest they start spreading rumors about the two of us." She gave the old knight a wink.

Then they arrived and saw the others.standing in front of the warehouse. She saw something blue and gleaming inside the boat and took a closer look to see if it was anything valuable.

"Good day, everyone! Let us pray our second foray into Strivvi will be a more successful one."

"That it has. Still feels like yesterday we killed that damn floor, though..."

He shrugged, adjusting his hat on top of his helmet.

"Aye. It sure as hell ain't light, but when everyone starts tryin' to beat the crap outta me it keeps me alive."

Boomingham looks at the warehouse, and then at the guard. He raises an eyebrow and chews on his lip. "This is awful familiar." He looks at his fellow heroes. "As are all of you. Can say that its more of a pleasure to see you again than it is to see any of this."

OoC: Like I said in my own quests/R&D, it's a very busy weekend for me, but I'll be back in it full force tomorrow evening or Monday! I apologize for the inconvenience!

Skrall plucked the apple off the crate and munched down, while waiting for the rest of the party.

The Ogre ate the apple in a single bite. However, upon munching it down, Skrall notices that the apple is rotten inside, ew! Skrall is poisoned for 1.

She saw something blue and gleaming inside the boat and took a closer look to see if it was anything valuable.

Ellaria looks into the longboat, and sees a variety of objects, a rusted anchor, some iron chains, a closed barrel, an old plank, a variety of nails, a few planks... Other than everything being wet, Ellaria doesn't see anything out of the ordinary. It must have rained a while back, after all, who would leave valuables out in the open in Eubric?

"She'll be here soon enough. Last time we went to Strivvi she blew up half a dozen orcs and got to sink a ship, I don't think she'd wanna miss out on a second outin'."

Atramor nodded in greeting to Ellaria and Boomingham as they arrived as well.

"Good to see you both again too. Even better to see you're both still healers," he added, with a relieved chuckle. He reached into his cloak and pulled out his Scroll of Arc Frailty. "Either of ya' wanna hold onto this thing for as long as we're out here?"

Atramor nodded in greeting to Ellaria and Boomingham as they arrived as well.

"Good to see you both again too. Even better to see you're both still healers," he added, with a relieved chuckle. He reached into his cloak and pulled out his Scroll of Arc Frailty. "Either of ya' wanna hold onto this thing for as long as we're out here?"

Ellaria raises her hand shyly.

"Great to see you too, Mr. Gibbin. I think my ether capacity is greater than that of Lawrence's, so I should probably hold that scroll for you."

"True enough, old man'd probably rather be swingin' a sword than readin' a scroll."

Atramor tossed the scroll to Ellaria.

Nyx comes running towards the others, her heels clattering and skittering as she races along.

"Hello, hello, I'm here, sorry." she pants slightly "Do you know how many warehouses there are in Eubric? Loads. Anyway, I'm here, I'm ready. Hello again everyone! You're all looking well, except you Skrall - hey, big guy, save your remedy and borrow my helmet for a moment, it should sort any sickness right out."

Nyx extends her arm, on tiptoes, and just about manages to push her Helmet of Azzurat onto Skrall's head, where it looks a little silly. She makes absolutely sure to take it back and put it back on before walking into any warehouses, though.

OoC, stats were good, until I did some last minute shopping. :tongue: I've updated my stats post, so the info's all there.

"Nyx, glad you could join us, I was getting worried that you may have gotten lost. I apologize that I bustled out of the Hall without telling you my stories - I had a friend to check on before coming here." Boomingham turns to Atramor. "Good to see you, boy. It's been too long since we've quested together."

12363887834_783fc10b3f_t.jpg

"You're all here then, excellent. It would most likely be best not to keep Captain Cousland waiting. Follow me."

The door is opened, sliding back. The heroes enter the warehouse with the guardsman. Skrall has to duck not to hit his head...

12416621174_3976925926_c.jpg

The heroes enter a large open room, the floor is tiled in a peculiar pattern, and in the middle of the floor, a symbol has been laid out with sticks. All along the edges of the room, clutter covers the floor. The guardsman that led them here goes to stand next to Captain Patricia.

12416275783_a2eeb630f9_z.jpg

Captain Patricia crosses her arms and starts to speak:

"Heroes. You're late, as usual."

"Well, this is certainly interesting." Boomingham bows to the Captain of the Guards. "It's good to see you again, Captain! That's a nice star you've lain out on the ground there."

Captain Patricia nods to the paladin.

12416486103_a4e061a0c3_t.jpg

"Mister Boomingham. Hm. The one eyed gentleman to my right would tell you it's a pentagram, if he could speak more than rudimentary Common, that is. I will explain. But first, the matter of the leadership, and responsibility, for your venture. For how much I would like Purple to lead you, I am told he might not be able to meet you there when you arrive. I've decided to leave it up to you, decide amongst yourselves who will lead the party."

Edited by Scubacarrot

"If we were in the business of bein' punctual, we would have joined the Town Watch, Captain. Lord Lawrence managed most of grunt work, last time, or was it Nyx... Matter's little to me, I'll take the lead if no one wants to step up, but don't let me stop any of you from aspirations of grandeur."

Boomingham turns to Atramor. "Good to see you, boy. It's been too long since we've quested together."

"Aye. Was always good to have a crazy bastard like yourself to stand behind when you're piled on by a horde of monkeys or slavers, Boomin'ham." The regulator scratched his head. "Though I don't think that'll be viable this time 'round."

Captain Patricia crosses her arms and starts to speak:

"Heroes. You're late, as usual."

:"Captain Patricia. Cold as a frost giant, as usual."

Atramor glanced at the pentagram with almost a look of familiarity before looking around at the party.

"Skrall or Ellaria would make a decent party leader, I think."

"Skrall or Ellaria would make a decent party leader, I think."

"Thank you, Mr. Gibbin", Ellaria says with a blush. "I've never been a party leader, though, so I do not know if I am up to the task..."

"Thank you, Mr. Gibbin", Ellaria says with a blush. "I've never been a party leader, though, so I do not know if I am up to the task..."

"You and Skrall are the usually the voices of reason here. That, and based on last time in Strivvi, I'm assumin' there are gonna be orcs we'll have to deal with..." Atramor glanced sideways at Boomingham.

"Hello Patricia, how lovely to see you again. And so soon, too." Nyx waves cheerily. She walks past the pentagram, eying it carefully and definitely not stepping over or into it, and starts to rummage through the stuff on the other side of the room. She picks up the red jug and sniffs.

"Can I drink this?" she asks nobody in particular, and giving it a shake with one hand as she picks up a pretzel with the other. A sideways look up at her own head (that doesn't work) reassures her she has her helmet back on as she takes a bite of the pretzel.

"Sho" she gesticulates with the pretzel and jug, and speaks with a full mouth "we need to, omm, excuse me, shoose a leader." she clears her mouth, swallowing "Well really I think any of us could do it, and I'd trust any of you to be leader. Ellaria, you say you've never been a leader before? Every time I see you you've grown a bit stronger, and more importantly bolder. I think this would be good for you, and you'd be good at it, too. Develop some of that inner strength stuff. Yeah, Ellaria." and in punctuation she finishes off the pretzel she's eating, grinning.

"Just remember everything I taught you, little lady," says Boomingham with a smile as he pats Ellaria on the shoulder. "I think that's a majority, Patricia, dear. How about you explain your wooden star now?" Boomingham glances at the pretzel that Ellaria founds enviously.

"I think that's a majority, Patricia, dear. How about you explain your wooden star now?"

"I'll take a wild guess and assume it's for gettin' us to Strivvi." Atramor shook his head in disappointment. "Magic portals, pentagrams...don't anyone just use ships anymore?"