I built this diwheel a week or so ago, and I wanted to show it off before I disassemble it for moving:

Byoop.jpg

I managed to get my hands on a set of the 4481 Hailfire Droid wheels for a very good price, and hadn't done anything with them. I attempted to re-build the official Lego model, but realized that it was using up my 11 length beams at an alarming rate, and the wheel structure was mostly unneeded. The huge advantage this MOC has over 4481 is the low amount of parts needed to build it. I haven't counted, but I'd put my guesstimate around 200 pieces.

I use a standard PF remote and a PF speed remote to control it, both linked to the same channel. The speed remote is mainly used for cruising, and the standard remote for stunt driving. The only stunt I can pull off with it is doing loops within the wheels. It has a very low center of gravity, making it very stable; the clearance between the driving surface and the three-length beam is about one half-width beam.

I will take more pictures and possibly put together a video in about a week and a half once we finish moving.

It took me all of six minutes to reduce it to its constituent components. The video is currently on hold, since we have to pack everything into boxes and move them across town to the new place. Once there, I'll see about rebuilding it and filming :classic:

I went ahead and created a LDD file so you can build your own Lite Diwheel. Attached to this post and the OP is the .lxf file.

A few word of advice:

-LDD does not have the Hailfire wheels in its part selection, so those have been left out. You'll obviously need at least two of them.

-To add the aforementioned wheels, slide them onto one of the wheel module halves before you connect the two halves with the light blue-grey 15L beams. The teeth lining the inside of the wheels should mesh with the 16 tooth gears, and the slot along the side should fit over the frictionless connector pegs and the standard-width bushings.

This was going to be a README file bundled with the .lxf until I found out that you can't attach folders to your posts. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Phoxtane

MLCad has Hailfire Droid wheels, you could make a very good instruction with it and with LPub. But then there's the problem of very few people owning these extra-rare wheels.

Edited by Sariel

Right, let's try this again:

The .lxf file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84375076/Lite%20Diwheel/Lite%20Diwheel.lxf

The readme file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/84375076/Lite%20Diwheel/README.txt

You're right about the other programs having those parts; however, I've already tried those in the past and found them much too confusing for me to want to get started. LDD works wonderfully for me, and just about anybody can run it and use it.