Rayskull

Bionicle Protector Alternate Builds

I've been Spamming the Bionicle 2015 thread with attempts at a compact build that utilizes the Fire Protector's chest build.

I believe I have finally succeeded.

I invite others to show their alternate builds!

BTW I don't have a protector yet, I'm still waiting.

This is the back of course..

victory.png

I was happy to be able to fit in a hood shell to sit behind the head and break up that neck area.

Edited by Rayskull

Won't the back armor limit the head movement ?

Anyways, that's an interesting solution. I initially thought the Protector of Fire was built that way (i.e. with this connector instead of this one). :sweet:

Also, if you want something even more compact, you could try to rotate the Hordika necks by 90°. You would get something like this :

protec10.png

Basically a mix between the Protector of Fire and the Protector of Earth (it's actually one stud narrower than the Protector of Earth's design). :)

Won't the back armor limit the head movement ?

Anyways, that's an interesting solution. I initially thought the Protector of Fire was built that way (i.e. with this connector instead of this one). :sweet:

Also, if you want something even more compact, you could try to rotate the Hordika necks by 90°. You would get something like this :

protec10.png

Basically a mix between the Protector of Fire and the Protector of Earth (it's actually one stud narrower than the Protector of Earth's design). :)

Awesome thanks for a the idea! didnt even think of that. :D

I had an elaborate build prior. I figured there was a simple solution, just changing that piece and rotating the Earth build seemed most efficient.

Edited by Rayskull

Build a motorized shooter that includes 6 sixshooters. That is 36 round 1x1 plates fired within half a second, by the push on a button.

:-)

Build a motorized shooter that includes 6 sixshooters. That is 36 round 1x1 plates fired within half a second, by the push on a button.

:-)

So I'm not the only one who thought about having a six barreled Gatling gun with each barrel being another Gatling gun. And it shall be the 6-Shot Fractal Gatling Cannon.

Anywho, more on topic: these look pretty good, though I'm not sure how necessary the back armor is. I feel where back armor is required most is mid-back and not behind the neck. Either way, still nice to see some creative designs for small-scaled figures.

I was thinking of using a chi pull back racer arm. To cover the mid back. But I'd cost $20 for a set with trans light, just to test... Unless its in LDD, its not right?

The back of the head is offensively flat, that's why I'm going for the hood, its far back enough not get in the way of the head...

Edited by Rayskull

If you mean the add on arms/wings for the fire vs ice speedorz. Then yes there in LDD there in the same tab as the Hero Factory armor parts.

poi-mod.png

Finished, there a lots of placeholders here, I'll just have to wait till Bionicle is released now.

:D

Edited by Rayskull

Hrmmm the longer legs look great I may try that too, nice cohesive look very interesting head and particularly interesting what you did with the chest. Bravo!

BTW Taarun is Fantastic!

Edited by Rayskull

If only I had a decent place to take photos, I'll try to create some space until then, here's some pics with auto blurr for coolness :)

Toxic Reaper with the above Torso :D (I know not terribly original)

toxic_reaper_2.jpg

Love that pic right there though :)

toxic_reaper_3.jpg

I would love a Toxic Reaper head without the gas mask canisters or with a full mask.

Edited by Rayskull

Receltly made this using your build :

15681098460_ca805ff907_z.jpg

There's more here. :)

*oh2* That looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I love that colour scheme! Do you mind if I borrow it and build one for my own? (If I can find the parts, that is.) Great work!

*oh2* That looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I love that colour scheme! Do you mind if I borrow it and build one for my own? (If I can find the parts, that is.) Great work!

Thank you ! You can build it if you want, I don't mind at all, don't worry. :wink:

BTW, that's an interesting Toxic Reapa mod, Rayskull. I'll certainly try to make my own version.

It's nice to see that the Protector "format" is already so popular, I hope we'll see lots of similar MOCs when the Protectors will be available.

Very classic, how is he holding his shield?

I'm liking this smaller format, every piece counts! I'll probably buy Toas (which are really nice) for parts.

Oh and thanks! :)

Edited by Rayskull

Very classic, how is he holding his shield?

I'm liking this smaller format, every piece counts! I'll probably buy Toas (which are really nice) for parts.

Oh and thanks! :)

The same part you use to attach shoulder joints (i.e. 90 degree bent cross axle with pin hole in the middle) plus (o+) thick Technic beam and a Technic pin.

You are welcome. =)

Edited by Crash Sanders

Here are my two cents into using this amazing modification by Rayskull:

Damn I wish the protectors would have had seperate masks and a more diffrent color scheme to the toas. Now they all are just clones and fitting something like that into the story is a real challenge, unless you don't care about the restrictions of it... in which I tend to stuck into.

Mind if I post my usage of the design:

DPvhFoDl.jpg

2PofaN6l.jpg

Cool, I like the boot look there, what are you calling him?

Since we're all posting what we've built with this lovely design...

I just peaked that staff, very inventive there with the rotor piece.

Here's my own version of Jaller using Rayskull's epic design... Yes, he is gold instead of yellow. I can say that it is an artistic touch, but it is really because I am still figuring out a way to attach 2001 masks...

15375796273_4a53b1cfbd_c.jpg

And the obligatory back shot:

15993444571_e031b347b6_c.jpg

Here's how I made the head with "glowing" eyes, it is actually quite simple.

15373182174_7453192792_c.jpg

Right now I am developing a compact way for attaching 2001 masks, I considered Mata heads on the old 2005 friction joints, (but I have yet to try that out)... Next up will probably be Hahli with her 2001 make if I can figure out a way to attach a yellow Friends flower to her mask (From the Bohrok Online Animations)... Just wanted to include that as a defining aspect of the character...

Edited by legozebra