Severus A

[MOC] Airport Stair Vehicle for Classic Planes

I've decided to build an airport stair vehicle adapted to the classic 4 wide airplanes. As far as I know, the only mobile stair for 4 wide planes could be found in City Airport set no 10159.

The plane in the picture is the original plane from 6396 set.

27535245003_fab278de84_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 3 by Severus A, on Flickr

27535244763_c64b03cd7d_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 6 by Severus A, on Flickr

28046692822_755fe2313d_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 1 by Severus A, on Flickr

28150634595_b431acfdd4_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 7 by Severus A, on Flickr

27535045884_c72c1eb731_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 5 by Severus A, on Flickr

28150634945_66184de308_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2 by Severus A, on Flickr

27552903784_610dab8f72_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.2 by Severus A, on Flickr

Edited by Severus A

Nice, but would like it better with bigger, modern style planes. This one is a bit too big for the classic planes ;)

Nice little vehicle. It has an elegant design and the passengers seem pretty pleased too! Its certainly nicer than jumping on and off the plane. Ruins the whole holiday experience :wink:

Also bonus points for the orange goggles the driver is wearing. Makes them look nicely mad :wink::thumbup:

Nice solution! I've been trying to build an airport stair vehicle, but never got the proportions right.

Very nice work, but the proportions seem a little wonky; I would change the steps to 1x2 plates instead of 1x4. Other than that, really nice work. :thumbup:

I agree able the proportions though the effect is still good. Good job getting the angle of the hand rail.

Nice, but would like it better with bigger, modern style planes. This one is a bit too big for the classic planes ;)

Nice little vehicle. It has an elegant design and the passengers seem pretty pleased too! Its certainly nicer than jumping on and off the plane. Ruins the whole holiday experience :wink:

Also bonus points for the orange goggles the driver is wearing. Makes them look nicely mad :wink::thumbup:

Nice solution! I've been trying to build an airport stair vehicle, but never got the proportions right.

Very nice work, but the proportions seem a little wonky; I would change the steps to 1x2 plates instead of 1x4. Other than that, really nice work. :thumbup:

I agree able the proportions though the effect is still good. Good job getting the angle of the hand rail.

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions. Everything in the LEGO hobby is fun and perfectible. Indeed, in the Classic Town world is a challenge to hit the right proportions because they are not accurate and not in a strong relation with the real world.

I've made another stair vehicle, smaller than the previous one and in a different way. I could not choose between them because I like both :) I think I'll keep them.

27552903784_610dab8f72_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.2 by Severus A, on Flickr

28168667355_d889d26d38_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.1 by Severus A, on Flickr

28064364462_1ca29e8236_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.3 by Severus A, on Flickr

28168667215_08901dd0b0_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.4 by Severus A, on Flickr

28168667125_81bdf22f4d_c.jpgLEGO stair vehicle 2.5 by Severus A, on Flickr

Edited by Severus A

As a child i always wanted to buid a stair vehicle. These two are a perfect solution to the problems i had beck then.

Personaly i think you should have the front of the first one and the back and stairs of the second.

Great job

As a child i always wanted to buid a stair vehicle. These two are a perfect solution to the problems i had beck then.

Personaly i think you should have the front of the first one and the back and stairs of the second.

Great job

Wow, that second model you posted with the fixed scale is absolutely perfect. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for your appreciations. I must say that the use of " perfect" word in two consecutive comments makes me feel very well :blush:

I'm sure that the near future will bring a lot of beautiful solutions and also a lot of beautiful challenges in the 4 wide way of building integrated in a neo classic town vision. There are a lot of builders who are using such kind of techniques. In fact history is a source of inspiration and improvement. It should be used :classic:

Well done! Nice to see some airport gear on Eurobricks which seems to be rather rare. :thumbup:

Lovely old style vehicle! :wub:

Well done! Nice to see some airport gear on Eurobricks which seems to be rather rare. :thumbup:

Thank you very much.