Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Yeah, all two of us are really hurting. But actually, it will be a trick for us to have more than one entry into the next challenge now.

yeah good luck with that.

I agree that Angeli was an asset to your guild and that his departure is a terrible loss, I am going to try (and possibly some others) to help the cause default_satisfied.gif

anyway we'll see what happens.

~Legonardo

Thanks, i'm glad you like my entry Ska! Pennamore is pretty boss too - i wouldn't mind building there. :classic: In fact, i can't decide which entry is my favourite, there are too many awesome ones. I don't envy the judging panel...

Me neither, I really interested to see who they pick!

@Si-MOCs, thanks!

Yeah, all two of us are really hurting. But actually, it will be a trick for us to have more than one entry into the next challenge now.

If I recall correct, there were five of you still active besides your Guild Leader (Hexx, Abu Dun, Dr.Rod, Hyler Talliwell, and Turtleman2020).

If I recall correct, there were five of you still active besides your Guild Leader (Hexx, Abu Dun, Dr.Rod, Hyler Talliwell, and Turtleman2020).

Maybe you can get Hersbrucker to make an emergency return appearance! (We're at risk of turning this into the Nocturnus thread...)

I have just picked up three gold Duplo 2x2 bricks. Gotta get to building the Nestlands Office of the Minister of External Affairs (at least the exterior). I also plan to work on my Cobalt Vale Market, Skywatch Perch and Visiting Herbologists. NOMEA will probably have a Berigora soldier drunk over word of the distruction to the Causeway. Thanks for the motivation Gabe.

I also have some Nocturnus exiles that might make an appearance once I get some painting done. Maybe I'll make a Nocturnian style restaurant.

I have just picked up three gold Duplo 2x2 bricks.

Interested to see what you will be doing with those!:sweet:

I am working on a student dormitory for the University :classic:

Well, it's more the Student House of the MΣ ( or μσ or Mu Sigma ) :classic:

I just ordered a Grand Emporium (aka the Kaliphlin Parts Pack!) from Walmart.com for $121 plus $0.97 shipping! That's 2182 pieces of Kaliphlin-style love at 5.5 cents per piece! Those of you in the US might want to consider taking advantage of this sale if you can. Several of the other large sets are on sale too, like Kingdoms Joust is $100, and Tower Bridge, R2D2, Super Star Destroyer, Shuttle Expedition, Maersk Train, Death Star, and Volkswagen Van are all between 20% and 33% off. Amazon is matching many of the prices (although not Grand Emporium yet).

I just ordered a Grand Emporium (aka the Kaliphlin Parts Pack!) from Walmart.com for $121 plus $0.97 shipping! That's 2182 pieces of Kaliphlin-style love at 5.5 cents per piece! Those of you in the US might want to consider taking advantage of this sale if you can. Several of the other large sets are on sale too, like Kingdoms Joust is $100, and Tower Bridge, R2D2, Super Star Destroyer, Shuttle Expedition, Maersk Train, Death Star, and Volkswagen Van are all between 20% and 33% off. Amazon is matching many of the prices (although not Grand Emporium yet).

Times like this I wish I lived in the USA, great find, enjoy your Grand Emporium sir

Edited by Theo

That's really tempting. . . I'm afraid I'm just about stone broke now though. . . I did get the City farm (used) for $40 from some friends (that may seem like a terrible deal for them, but they got it on sale for $20!!), so that gives me a good bit of tan. :thumbup: So I should have another free-build or two up soon, and I'm just waiting on my Bricklink order to compleate the Botanical Garden. BTW, what should I do when that's done; give it a new topic, or just post the updated pictures in the old WIP topic (and of course one in the Universtiy and Kaliphlin threads)? :sceptic:

Glad you were able to get one though! :thumbup:

Edited by Kai NRG

Birthday is coming up on the 12th, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers :blush:

Thanks for the heads up NM! I just went to Walmart.com, but now the Grand Emporium is out of stock online. I was really wanting the Tower Bridge down to $178, but that is also out of stock now. The over 4,000 pieces in the Tower Bridge for under $200 is too good to pass up, but I may have to with it out of stock!

Sorry you all didn't get a GE. I looked this morning, and it's dropped to $111! That's probably what drove it out-of-stock. What a deal; wish I had waited a few hours, but you know, bird in the hand... Pet Shop is available for $111 still. Looks like all the other big Creator/Modular sets are sold out. Don't worry -- the after-Christmas sales are only a few months away.

Sorry you all didn't get a GE. I looked this morning, and it's dropped to $111! That's probably what drove it out-of-stock. What a deal; wish I had waited a few hours, but you know, bird in the hand...

According to someone on Toys and Bricks, you may be able to get a price adjustment since they changed the price within seven days of you buying it. You have to go under your orders screen and do the "contact us about this order." Its worth a shot at least- it is a great price either way for a nice set. I just picked one up earlier this month for 30% off and it was worth every penny.

According to someone on Toys and Bricks, you may be able to get a price adjustment since they changed the price within seven days of you buying it. You have to go under your orders screen and do the "contact us about this order." Its worth a shot at least- it is a great price either way for a nice set. I just picked one up earlier this month for 30% off and it was worth every penny.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that out.

Where did you find one for 30% off? That's a great deal!

Where did you find one for 30% off? That's a great deal!

Surprisingly right through the LEGO store, lol. I just found out about our local LEGO train club, and they have window in the Columbus store that rotates every four weeks. Most of their builders focus on large scale city and train layouts so they have a hard time filling the window sometimes, so they asked if I would put my last challenge MOC in for September. I don't know if they do this across all the stores, but I got 30% off five unique sets for displaying it.

I had to make some minor changes to it since the charred bodies and elemental eating people isn't quite within their violence guidelines, lol.

Dang it! I got paid today, I saw it yesterday, thought surely I could sneak one off today when I get paid. Nope. Well, I might still get it at full price from S@H.

Well, it was a while ago when I updated the topic of Mpya Stedor, but finally the next chapter is done:

The Turbulent Weeks (link)

I wrote one story about 4 MOC's I recently did:

- The Alleenridders riding out

- Elemental Surprise in Ghuba-Ya Biashara

- Mpya Stedor Tower

- Mpya Stedor Gate *

Enjoy!!

*Note for some here: I never advertised the Gate, so here it is:

goms5.jpg

click on pic to go to the topic of the Gate

Hi all! I have just finished a free build - it is set in Avalonia, continuing the fine old Kaliphlin tradition of gift-giving. :classic: Click the picture to go to the topic!

weddinggift2eb_280912.jpg

Sorry i haven't been around and commenting much lately, btw. I am just about to go and rectify that. Looking forward to checking out the latest in Mpya Stedor. :thumbup:

ps. Niiice score with the GE, NM...! Pet Shop for $111 too?? :oh: Wow, wish i could afford a buying trip to the US! :laugh:

Sorry that I have been an awful member of the guild. My favourite part of building is creating characters.

So, I am sorry. But, if it is allowed.I am going to create another. I have been heavily inspired By Davos In A song of Ice and fire so prepare for the onion knight!

Hi all! I have just finished a free build - it is set in Avalonia, continuing the fine old Kaliplin tradition of gift-giving. :classic: Click the picture to go to the topic!

*snip*

The Historica equivalent of "Southern Hospitality?"

As if I didn't already lack LEGO building time, an old friend of mine moved back to the area and got me back playing racquetball. For the first time, I realized I'm not 18 anymore and how out of shape I had gotten. We've been playing 2-3 hours every other night now so my building time is even more limited. However I did just get something built... haven't decided if I'm going to include it in challenge 5 or post it as a free build.

Here is my next freebuild, located in the Avalonian Countryside (I'm having Ageven travel through Historica, so I will have another (long) story up shortly):

8047019209_47e901d53f.jpg

(click on the picture to go to the topic)

Edit: Thought for sure I hadn't managed to do that before the five days. . .

Anyway, I've started on my Challenge V build, I'm really not sure how I'll manage with my brick count, but we'll see I guess!

Edited by Kai NRG

Jeez, this forum is so, like, last week

:classic:

Welcome back everybody! How's it going with the new build?

:classic: