96 members have voted

1. 1. Fav Islanders set

• 6236 King Kahuka
    • 6246 Crocodile Cage
    • 6256 Islander Catamaran
    • 6262 King Kahuka's Throne
    • 6264 Forbidden Cove
    • 6278/6292 Enchanted Island

I'm having an extreme case of Deja Vu because I'm sure I posted to this thread. Maybe I posted in the wrong thread. Oops!

I agree that 6264 Forbidden Cove is the best! I like the rock face design and symmetry of the design.

If there's any new users with Pirate LEGO, feel free to contribute to the Which Pirate Lego sets do you have? thread!

I've discovered that Enchanted Island is the set that gets trashed the most. I've had to rebuild it 3 times now. At the moment its sitting on the shelf in pieces. I really can't build it for a 5th time.

I'm not really an Islander fan... So Enchanted Island wins for having the best parts for other stufff.... Gotta love that black row boat sail.

God Bless,

Norro ;)

That sail also appears in 6262 King Kahuka's Throne.

With the front piece?

Norro

Thanks! But it is the second sail that makes the other row boat more likely to tip :) and better looking to boot...

God Bless,

Nathan

Oh yes, I forgot all about the spinnaker!

Anyway, I noticed that 1788 Pirates Treasure Chest wasn't an option. I realise this wasn't strictly in the Islanders theme, but it still contains Islanders.

1788-1.jpg

When was it released?

This set makes me a bit sad since I always thought I had the complete Islander collection... :'( But then I saw this set a few months ago... >-|

Oh yes, I forgot all about the spinnaker!

Anyway, I noticed that 1788 Pirates Treasure Chest wasn't an option. I realise this wasn't strictly in the Islanders theme, but it still contains Islanders.

I would have given this my vote... It was an awsome set in it's own right, had several excellent castle pieces, and contained those vine corner wall pieces... Came in a cool treasure chest shaped box which I no longer have...

God Bless,

Nathan

When was it released?

This set makes me a bit sad since I always thought I had the complete Islander collection...  :'( But then I saw this set a few months ago...  >-|

It was released in 1995 as promotional set in the US.

And its box looks like this:

1788_8d_3.jpg

1788d.jpg

Not even I have one of these... They're quite expensive...

Actually I do have a incomplete one, but not box. Ya really need the box with this one.

Yeah, sets without of the boxes are just half sets... I wish I hadn't thrown away my 30 part box collection (including pirates, castle, space and whatever!) at the beginning of my dark ages.... :'(

Ohhhhh... That sounds tragic... I threw away my boxes, but I still kept my sets.

However my dark ages came the year before Islanders were released so I never acquired any until about 3 years ago. Now I have them all sans the one in recent discussion.

I love to revive an old poll, I'm sure Mr. KAHUKA will be happy with this.

I realized I don't have any islanders and I'm considering to buy some (maybe even make a small army X-D ).

My vote goes to King Kahuka's Throne (6262).

When the crew of my frigate would find this in the jungle during their search for water, they better hurry back to their ship. They are not alone on this island ...

Let me give a visual overview of the sets in the poll:

1. 6236 King Kahuka

6236-1.jpg

2. 6246 Crocodile Cage

6246-1.jpg

3. 6256 Islander Catamaran

6256-1.jpg

4. 6262 King Kahuka's Throne

6262-1.jpg

5. 6264 Forbidden Cove

6264-1.jpg

6. 6278/6292 Enchanted Island

6278-1.jpg

Two posts in a row, one of Norro and one of Phes are looking very screwed up, the email tab is where the text should be. I've noticed this in one or two other threads lately.